Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The other day I learned what the "moisture" and "juices" in meat are made of.
    I believe that would be "awesomeness" and "delicious awesomeness".

Funny you guys talking about steak, I need to pan fry one up soon. And also, extremely strange that this thread has morphed into a steak thread

I suppose you guys will be puts on sunglasses savoring your victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I believe that would be "awesomeness" and "delicious awesomeness".
    No, it was...it was not pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Salt after the crust has formed.
    If you salt it and let it sit for 20-30 minutes before cooking, some interesting things happen. First, the salt draws water out to the surface. Then the salty water gets sucked back into the meat. In the process, some of the proteins near the surface are denatured. This actually helps with browning (crust formation). Then a light sprinkle of some coarse salt at the end, and the world is all good.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Funny you guys talking about steak, I need to pan fry one up soon. And also, extremely strange that this thread has morphed into a steak thread
    It's symbolic of this election being almost cooked. Maybe people are hungry for results. We are ready for our vote to take a bite out of our political steak... I mean quagmire...

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

I suppose you guys will be puts on sunglasses savoring your victory.
    Well, any thread with more steak is just a plain out better thread.

If it's a loss, it's a loss. I'm honestly not that emotionally vested in it. If I lose, I'll be rethinking my own ability to project election results, but enjoying my steak anyway. I'm sure I'd get more than my share of taunting. Meanwhile, a smile will say it all from my end... also, those sunglasses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    If you salt it and let it sit for 20-30 minutes before cooking, some interesting things happen. First, the salt draws water out to the surface. Then the salty water gets sucked back into the meat. In the process, some of the proteins near the surface are denatured. This actually helps with browning (crust formation). Then a light sprinkle of some coarse salt at the end, and the world is all good.
    Oohh, good tips! Thank ya!

No, it was...it was not pleasant.
    I guess I'm not sure what you heard. It's just muscle,fat, and connective tissue there's going to be some moisture in it. If eating animals bothers you much, I'd recommend against it. Not trying to be a jerk, I just don't really understand why folks that are squicked out about something having been a wandering critter keep eating them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Yes it is. Yes... it... is.

Oohh, good tips! Thank ya!
    Oh, one more... always pat the steak dry with a paper towel before cooking. You want to minimize any moisture on the surface, otherwise you're steaming rather than forming a crust.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I guess I'm not sure what you heard. It's just muscle,fat, and connective tissue there's going to be some moisture in it. If eating animals bothers you much, I'd recommend against it. Not trying to be a jerk, I just don't really understand why folks that are squicked out about something having been a wandering critter keep eating them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:54 PM ----------

Yes it is. Yes... it... is.
    I think you've used that twice now, "squicked". I had to look it up only to find it wasn't a real word; 1. Noun. The physical sense of repulsion upon encountering a concept or situation one finds disgusting.

I think you've used that twice now, "squicked". I had to look it up only to find it wasn't a real word; 1. Noun. The physical sense of repulsion upon encountering a concept or situation one finds disgusting.
    Yeah, I used it earlier tonight. Sometimes, I get a word stuck in my head for something and overuse it. This one is definitely not a real word, but I think it works pretty well in context. If it doesn't, tell me I'm wrong! I won't mind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I used it earlier tonight. Sometimes, I get a word stuck in my head for something and overuse it. This one is definitely not a real word, but I think it works pretty well in context. If it doesn't, tell me I'm wrong! I won't mind!
    I got shit rolled in a wow guild for saying spooge in guild chat. I thought it meant general slime, but they thought it meant genital slime.

I got shit rolled in a wow guild for saying spooge in guild chat. I thought it meant general slime, but they thought it meant genital slime.
    I'm not sure what shit rolled is, but it sounds unpleasant. Spooge's connotations is generally male ejaculate. I don't want to know what 'genital slime' is.

Yeah... well... Yeah. I'm with them. I've never heard anyone use that to mean something other than mangunk, but I shall consult Urban Dictionary:

Any and all ejaculatory juices that derive from the male penis.

This word can be used as a noun or verb.
    Very well then...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm not sure what shit rolled is, but it sounds unpleasant. Spooge's connotations is generally male ejaculate. I don't want to know what 'genital slime' is.
    No, it sucked, got a talking to. But, that's what I was implying with genital slime. I didn't think that's what it meant, I meant slime, like slimmer left behind in ghostbusters... I had no idea it meant something else...

Silver over on 538 changed Florida to '52% Obama Win' overnight.

I'm going to laugh if Obama pulls every battleground state but NC, and pulls florida as well. I personally think Obama is going to lose CO, but win FL and all the rest Silver is predicting him to.

Wang with the Princeton Election Consortium has a much more thorough beating predicted - http://election.princeton.edu/

It's amazing just how much the statistical methods differ from the horserace that's being marketed by talking heads.

15+ Year Old Account
    538 has Obama at 314, Princeton at 312. Who will be proven correct. Or will it be the Republican talking head from the Washington Examiner who basically has it flipped with Romney even taking Pennsylvania and Wisconsin where he is way behind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Silver over on 538 changed Florida to '52% Obama Win' overnight.
    I'm still expecting Florida to go to Romney, though the shots of lines around the block for early voting were, in a way, encouraging (at the same time as they make me hate Gov. Rick Scott and the Republicans strategies thus far regarding demographics).

High Five from me to anyone who had or has to navigate a ridiculously long line to vote. Next time the Governorship and Secretary of State is up for grabs, get some promises about early voting and polling availability on the record.

Gentlemen....behold! I have canceled out my neighbor's vote!