Deleted

Lag..Lag and more Lag?

Its freaking un-playable im having spikes from 300ms to 1000ms, its been 2 days like this, is this happening to anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It's probably on your end.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I play on SwiftSure, what server are you on?

15+ Year Old Account
    On Frostclaw the entire server, so people in different instances and planets, had lag spikes ranging from 10 to 30k for about 15 minutes two or three nights in a row after patch 1.1

Not sure if it's related to you, since your ping is lower than those extremes, but it might be.

10+ Year Old Account
    No problems at all for me, on Niman EU server
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naddist Rebels and Fatman have both been fine.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcow View Post
    Its freaking un-playable im having spikes from 300ms to 1000ms, its been 2 days like this, is this happening to anyone else?
    Issues like this are predominantly client side.

Here are a few things you can try:
    Disable any background downloading programs: torrents, etc
    Create exceptions in your Windows Firewall and Anti Virus firewall for Star Wars
    Cycle your router / modem
    Update Windows
    Check for driver updates for your network card
    Check to make sure Windows is set to high performance and not a battery saving mode

Deleted
    Im on The Harbringer, West Coast, im pretty far from there so i usually got 250ms but thats fine, before patch i had NO issues and now its spiking like hell.. now im on Shadow Hand and got less lag but still goes from 150 to 300 everytime, so while on the other server it will amplify the lag, as i said its spikes of lag and not firm lag.
    Last edited by mmocb45dcad3c0; 2012-02-02 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcow View Post
    Im on The Harbringer, West Coast, im pretty far from there so i usually got 250ms but thats fine, before patch i had NO issues and now its spiking like hell.. now im on Shadow Hand and got less lag but still goes from 150 to 300 everytime, so while on the other server it will amplify the lag, as i said its spikes of lag and not firm lag.
    If you are experiencing this on multiple servers than it is either your machine or something between you and the server farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    If you are experiencing this on multiple servers than it is either your machine or something between you and the server farm.
    Im reading on Swtor forum that other people have them, maybe patch changed something

I haven't had any issues. The patch likely didn't change anything major...but it'ls likely something between your machine and client or the servers. :-3

What background programs are you running on the network?

I've gotten some weird spikes from time to time on Prophecy of the Five. I usually sit around 90-100ms currently, spikes would hit me up to around 9kish but it would just dc me and I'd log back in. No biggie. Was only for a night though. If its an actual problem in game. It'll get fixed shortly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    I haven't had any issues. The patch likely didn't change anything major...but it'ls likely something between your machine and client or the servers. :-3

What background programs are you running on the network?
    As i said nothing different that i didnt run before the patch, its with the game my connection dosent matter.