Poll: What do you do for a living?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    living at home, unemployed but studying... Getting money from government to study so i guess that counts as work \o/

Hmmm, let's see.

I work 2-3hrs a week. I make more in a month than most college graduates in a year.

What do I do?

Let's just say I "play" the RL "AH".
    Groudy -- The Simon Cowell of Transmog Threads -- "That looks like an utter travesty. You should be ashamed of yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by Groudy View Post
    Hmmm, let's see.

I work 2-3hrs a week. I make more in a month than most college graduates in a year.

What do I do?

Let's just say I "play" the RL "AH".
    the RL AH is an actual auction house.. you know those exist in reality right?
    I think you must be referring to the stock market

10+ Year Old Account
    Information Assurance Analyst for US Networks in Afghanistan :>

Deleted
    Disability benefits due to social phobia & agoraphobia(caused by the social phobia..) coupled with psychotic depression.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above, I'm retired

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Maybe your right, i just thought hey, ive got a kid, im 26 this year, Maybe i can be one next save file, hmm, then i consider this is life, and there is only one save file But living in England, im pretty sure theres nowhere that would offer such a course, maybe il check it out actualy=)
    I'm 28 this year, married, 2 kids, and I work 60-100 hours a week (white collar work - Technical Support Engineer for Power/Gas/Water Smart Meters). I'm also a full-time college student with 4.0 GPA.

If I can find the time to go back to school, I'm sure you can.
    Last edited by Shaytan; 2012-02-03 at 12:40 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Disability benefits due to social phobia & agoraphobia(caused by the social phobia..) coupled with psychotic depression.
    Been there, for 3 years, but not psychotic. Now I am back teaching at the college level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently a Lifeguard during the summer, college freshmen by fall, studying computer science

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I do live in Washington. My time at Microsoft has always been on one campus or another, though never specifically on Main Campus. Do you know what campus or the type of things your friends worked on?
    I was an FTE for Microsoft. Worked there for a couple years, the Main campus in Redmond is awesome. The Sunnyvale campus is decent. The Palo Alto "Campus" (group of building they were leasing till they moved the team to a new location) was terrible.

All in all Microsoft is a decent company to work for, as long as you can avoid the politics, and don't have a terrible manager/director.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a Freshman in High School classifies as "Bum"

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I am an EMT. Studying to become firefighter/paramedic. (Have the firefighter skills to apply, just sooooooooo freaking competitive.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Maybe your right, i just thought hey, ive got a kid, im 26 this year, Maybe i can be one next save file, hmm, then i consider this is life, and there is only one save file But living in England, im pretty sure theres nowhere that would offer such a course, maybe il check it out actualy=)
    Too old? 26?! Would you kindly STFU and get out of the house and join a course.

And take this with you: http://www.archaeology.ws/degrees.html

Geez:|

Also on topic; I work as a translator while I'm trying to establish a career in tattooing.

Some people here have pretty interesting jobs.

White collar here, even though I've never worn a collared shirt to work. Further details of what I do are probably covered by the NDA clause of my contract. Not that I've ever read the small print, but I like to play it safe =P

Deleted
    Where is the Self Employed option ?
    That requires me to sometime be a bum, sometimes be a blue collar, sometimes a white collar, and allways a sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Archaeologist, or at least trying to be. It's hard getting into digs and actually getting paid.
    Archaeologist as well, although I'm lucky enough to get paid. Still, it varies a lot depending on in which country one lives.

nothin 'cause my parents r rich so i am ,

Senior Marketing Manager in a hospital. So white collar one.

Due to job market crisis past two years were quite tough for a marketing guy like me. Took any part time job I had a chance (from visual design to writing marketing strategies for companies as well as dull office paperwork and mailing tasks). Year ago I came to this hospital, statistics dept. Completely unrelated to my work experience and education.

But recently I was offered a position of a SMM. New tasks, new opportunities. And finally I can do what I know and what I like. Last two years I was all 3 at once, blue collar, sales and bum. Now back on white track.

Deleted
    Wannabe muscian.

Working for a disco atm. Kinda sad.

Deleted
    Rescuer.
    Falck in Denmark.

Thats why i got so much time to be on the forums from time to time