Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ehh not really feeling it with D3 beta..

Weird.. I usually really look forward to new Bliz games.. But maybe cuz I played D2 WAY TOO MUCH during my college days..

I just got into beta last night, rolled a witch hunter.. and it plays.. exactly like the lvl 90s necromancer I used to have..

Maybe I need to join some pub game and do some MP..

Honestly, what do people feel so new and fresh about D3 that wasn't in D2?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're basically saying it's exactly like the best game ever made?

Deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

Personally I'm just hoping for a few quality hours with some IRL friends of mine in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Weird.. I usually really look forward to new Bliz games.. But maybe cuz I played D2 WAY TOO MUCH during my college days..

I just got into beta last night, rolled a witch hunter.. and it plays.. exactly like the lvl 90s necromancer I used to have..

Maybe I need to join some pub game and do some MP..

Honestly, what do people feel so new and fresh about D3 that wasn't in D2?
    What necros did you play cus i dont remember my skellymancer playing like this

Quote Originally Posted by RehabOC80 View Post
    So you're basically saying it's exactly like the best game ever made?

Deal.
    Couldnt be more true. Updated look, same great gameplay. Sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's pretty much the same game. It almost feels less to me though. No character building at all. Having every ability available, rather than picking some from a tree is kinda cool, but at the same time, I liked building my own character. Hard to say how I feel about it. I decided to fire up Titan Quest the other day (first time in nearly six years) to help draw some comparison, and being able to dive into two of the 8 classes, and building them how I wanted in both stats and abilities just felt more satisfying then having it all decided for me. Probably the easiest way to explain how the system works is that it's exactly like Guild Wars: you get every ability a class can have, but you can only carry 8 with you. You can switch anytime you want, but the newly slotted ability suffers around a 30 second cooldown.

I dunno, maybe I need to get higher level and more stuff opens up, but Blizzard has really been heading towards simplicity lately. I'm not sure what I expected really though, but I didn't think it would be as much like Diablo 2 as it was, especially after a 12 year wait.

Yep, witch hunters play exactly like lvl 90 necromancers, but that's the disadvantage of the new hybrid classes.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Yeah witch hunters fucking rocks. They are as much fun as elemental warriors in wow

give me your beta if you dont want it =O

Beta doesn't have rune which is imo the best part of D3.

I didn't really enjoy it either. But I don't usually like games like these. I thought Torchlight was boring as hell. I'll beat it a couple more times with some different classes though. Maybe it will change my mind.

What the fuck is a Witch Hunter?

Is that the Witch Doctor fused with the Demon Hunter?

It's pretty obvious why you weren't feeling it, you have no clue what's even going on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Diablo 3 is fine you just set the bar unbelievably high.

I just wish Blizzard would stop playing it safe with their games and try to inovate like they used to. I don't see why this game took this long to release, it's the same game with a shinier paint job. Same goes with SC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    I just wish Blizzard would stop playing it safe with their games and try to inovate like they used to. I don't see why this game took this long to release, it's the same game with a shinier paint job. Same goes with SC2.
    Your statement became invalid when you compared brood war to starcraft 2 and you think its just a cosmetic difference.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Your statement became invalid when you compared brood war to starcraft 2 and you think its just a cosmetic difference.
    How is it any different? They added rocks on ramps, added new units, and took others out. Oh, and there's some physics when shit dies. Yay.

Deleted
    Witch Hunter? 0_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    What the fuck is a Witch Hunter?

Is that the Witch Doctor fused with the Demon Hunter?

It's pretty obvious why you weren't feeling it, you have no clue what's even going on.
    Haha exactly this.

Im happy the game is similar to Diablo 2, its one of the best games ever made imo, I cant wait for it.

I have to agree. I played D3 beta for a few weeks then uninstalled it.

I've never played D1/D2 though so maybe it's just not my type of game? *shrug*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    I have to agree. I played D3 beta for a few weeks then uninstalled it.

I've never played D1/D2 though so maybe it's just not my type of game? *shrug*
    Well the ''beta'' (demo) is around 90-120 mins long, if you played it for a few weeks that's quite alot to be fair..