Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Finally someone else who agrees with me its nothing more than a glorified demo... People expect BETAs for nearly every game now a days. So this is nothing more than a PR stunt from blizz to build hype around a game that should of realistically been released already. I sincerely hope (after waiting 10 years for this game) it doesn't turn in to another duke nukem forever.
    Apparently you are not playing the beta. If you were you would know that the game still has loads of bugs to be worked out and new ones are being brought up all the time. If it was ready for release it would have been out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
    Diablos isn't an MMO.
    Guys there is already a long thread discussing whether D3 is an MMO or not, please don't start with it here again :P

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-I-tell-him-gt
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by RehabOC80 View Post
    So you're basically saying it's exactly like the best game ever made?

Deal.
    This type of thinking is... disturbing.

No wonder CoD sells.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

I feel exactly the same as the OP here. I am terribly dissapointed but thats due to 3 reasons i think
    a) Swtor is released so i cba with anything else now ( I was praying they release it before SWTOR tbh )
    b) I set the bar 2 high while waiting for diablo3 ( i blame me ).
    c) Activision

I never played Diablo 2 but I find 3 kinda dull. Lets hope the game is better than whats being offered right now

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's because it's beta.

To those of you saying it's simplified, well DUH. If we could only play D2 to Blood Raven and only had access to chipped/flawed gems and El runes I wouldn't be bragging about it's deep customization either.

I'm not going to sit here and outright defend Blizzard, but honestly you need to wait and see. If you want customization and choices you have to wait until you actually advance somewhat in the game. If I based my experience on normal difficulty D2 I would be missing a huge portion of the game. You would be missing a lot of the customizable options and your item choice is completely limiting because AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT of suffixes/prefixes are absent from normal mode.

Can you even rune your abilities in the D3 beta? The 5 different rune choices that you upgrade and socket into your abilities to essentially make one ability behave in 5 (6 if you count baseline) ways? That customizable option alone has far more impact then picking your stats in D2 or clicking down a talent trees to max synergies for the 2-3 abilities that you're going to use.

I'm somewhat surprised that people are expecting a lot of depth in the very, very beginning parts of the game... of course it's going to be easy. Of course there isn't much to do. There's no runes, we don't have access to all of our abilities yet, etc. If that's what people are complaining about, then I don't know what to say, haha. I've played the Beta and from it, I have decided that the gameplay feels smooth enough and that the storyline is engaging enough to make me buy the game. And I'm confident that after you get out of the first act, things will start to get a big more complicated than what you see in the beta. That's how most games work.

I wouldn't judge the game on a miniscule amount of content that we get to play in the beta, but that's just me.

Shut up and take my money!

Deleted
    So you're basically saying it's exactly like the best game ever made?

Deal.
    Couldn't agree more.
    I'm happy to say that if it's exactly like you described, I will be playing the shit out of it and I'm glad I sold my soul to blizzard for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post
    This type of thinking is... disturbing.

No wonder CoD sells.
    Why? Because we don't want the core elements and gameplay of our favorite game to change?

Yes, I like updates, if I didn't, I'd stick with D2, but I don't want it to play like any other type of game but a Diablo game, and if it reflects D2 in most of its mechanics, but has some changes to spells/maps...I'm okay with that.

I just want a cow level.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

I just want a cow level.
    Don't you worry, there will be a secret pony level. [source]
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I'd love a beta key if anyone is willing to share!! i wont mess with any of your characters or stuff i promise

So happy that beta invites are going to people like this. Witch hunters?? Come on man.

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Manoovi View Post
    I'd love a beta key if anyone is willing to share!! i wont mess with any of your characters or stuff i promise
    Even if u did get a beta key/account. It won't run on your computer.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

Oh so once you use it once, you can no longer put it on another computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Manoovi View Post
    Oh so once you use it once, you can no longer put it on another computer?
    You can. I have the D3 beta on my desktop and laptop.