Thread: How is LOTRO

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

How is LOTRO

ok guys
    is someone out there who plays lotro?
    i played it a bit after it came out. now i search a f2p mmo to play a bit beside wow and thought i could give lotro another try. but how is the game now? can you even play it without spending money? i heard u only have a few quests and for the rest u have to pay for. is there any god pve or pvp content? i hope someone can answer some of these questions.
    kkthybye
    PS: if my english sucks it's cause i'm german and only learned some poor school english

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the hell out of it when the F2P beta came out. I REALLY enjoyed it. It was practically the first time I hadn't felt the need to compare it to wow. You can do a decent amount without spending money, here is a link to everything. One of the nice things about the game was you could earn the currency that you buy with real money by doing various things. Albeit slower than shelling out some cash for the points, it made the game feel a little less limiting. Plus, it certainly beat filling out surveys for station cash (which I did for a while to get free classes and races in EQ2).

Ummm, I can't really speak for the dungeons or the raid content, but the leveling experience as I've had it was fun. I also enjoyed the professions, albeit they were less mindless than just buying mats off the AH and afking next to an anvil for 30 minutes grinding out points.

A few things that peeved me about it were the fact that mounts take like 5 seconds to mount, and gathering is just as poopy.

Didn't really try out the PvP aspect, because I'm more about killing bad guys than other people. Not really sure why I dropped the game to be honest though, probably just lack of interest on the significant other's part. Games like those aren't really fun to play alone.

Done rambling, sorry if this doesn't help you at all n.n;
    Last edited by lmenvs; 2012-02-03 at 04:52 AM.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

It's basically glorified trial in endless mode instead of a real F2P as you won't be getting even close to the original level cap without paying stuff. But still, there's enough content to keep you playing for weeks, expesially if you are hell bent on getting all the deeds (Think of achievement system with real rewards instead of useless points)

Doing deeds is also useful because majority of them rewards you Turbine Points which you can use in the cash shop for free and buy new stuff.

It's fun to play and looks decent so go for it
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The epic storyline to level 50 is awesome - and that's totally free.

In case you didn't know, Age of Conan is now f2p, and Aion is going f2p very soon, so they might also be worth checking out.