Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 release date in Superbowl commercail?

Do you think it's likely that Blizzard would announce Diablo's release date during the Superbowl on an ad on Sunday?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause the typical Superbowl viewer LOVES video games.

Likely, no. Possible, yes.

And I'd be so stoked if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by 0oglitcho0 View Post
    Because NOBODY who has nearly no interest in sports watches the Superbowl for the commercials or with friends who do have an interest in sports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Err... Who doesn't like video games these days? It'd be great publicity for the game. Some people could be like, oh hey, i used to play diablo! i didn't know they're making another one.. i should check this out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because NOBODY who has nearly no interest in sports watches the Superbowl for the commercials or with friends who do have an interest in sports.
    Your sarcasm speaks more truth than I think you meant for it to.

Erm, yes... they do? More than 65% of people in america play video games now. I have even seen numbers upwards of 70%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Erm, yes... they do? More than 65% of people in america play video games now. I have even seen numbers upwards of 70%.
    Doesn't necessarily mean that they overlap with the people who watch the Super Bowl. I'm not a marketing expert, but it would seem like a lot of money to spend on something that might not be seen by your target audience.

Over 200 million people watched last year's superbowl, which is 2/3 of the entire U.S. population. And it's probably safe to say there will be at least that many if not more this year, and I'm sure well over 100 million of those people have an interest in gaming. If your target audience isn't in a group that big, they aren't worth targeting, or your product is a piece of shit if no one in 200 million people cares.

To be completely honest, though, I'm not sure if it will have an appearance or not....advertising is expensive as hell, 4 million dollars for 30 seconds. So I don't know if it would pay off or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Doesn't necessarily mean that they overlap with the people who watch the Super Bowl. I'm not a marketing expert, but it would seem like a lot of money to spend on something that might not be seen by your target audience.
    this would be the perfect place to show it, their target audience already knows about the game and is keeping track on it, the purpose of this would be to get new (unaware of the game) to learn about it and become new fans of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    this would be the perfect place to show it, their target audience already knows about the game and is keeping track on it, the purpose of this would be to get new (unaware of the game) to learn about it and become new fans of it.
    I meant target audience for the commercial. You don't blow millions of dollars shooting an ad campaign at people 20-30 just in case they might want to buy Life Alert. You target your commercials at people who would be interested in buying your product based on demographic preferences.

Deleted
    Don't think it's that likely, I think it's too high a budget platform for this game at the moment. I'm not even going to get my hopes up.

I hope not. I'm still hoping Blizz will aim D3 towards D2 and D1 fans instead of as many people as freakin possible including Bashiok's grandmother. I know, I know.. wishful thinking :P
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    70's called, they'd like their stereotypes and categorizations back.

Not trying to be snide here, but it's really not the case anymore that everyone who watches Superbowl is completely uninterested in video games. Even if we ignore that, as others have brought up it's not all that uncommon for people to either watch it mostly for the commercials (in my understanding it's common for companies to debut big ads during Superbowl) or to watch it with their friends.

Blizzard already did it at least once with Cataclysm, so it wouldn't surprise me all that much.

Deleted
    They will say it to everybody on the world , not just to america.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we are more likely to see a real MoP trailer that reveals the big baddie.

I hope not. I'm still hoping Blizz will aim D3 towards D2 and D1 fans instead of as many people as freakin possible including Bashiok's grandmother. I know, I know.. wishful thinking :P
    lol kinda like how they gave all those beta invites to people on facebook and Twitter but not to the actual fans that Opt-in?

they are are trying to get as many people as they cant to learn about D3

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I think we are more likely to see a real MoP trailer that reveals the big baddie.
    if im not mistaken there will not be a Big Baddie and if there is is probably some panda dragon dude lol.

http://nvonews.com/2012/01/06/super-...-cost-highest/

we wont be seeing any ads =(

and date would NOT be in such a thing regardless =)
    Last edited by molster; 2012-02-04 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    That's not really how you run a business, especially because fans are the people most likely to complain about things

Im guessing if they did run an ad we would know already

Edit: Add instead of Ad lol

Do you know how expensive a commercial during the Suporbowl is?

Do you know how many people are already aware of and waiting for Diablo III?

Do your math son.
    /Zetsumei