Haste into Mastery Reforging at extreme gear levels?

I see some high-ranking shadow priests getting insanely high parses with Haste-into-mastery reforges, and their haste at 20%, though I've not seen anything on the forums here about this. Is there any information about why a priest might reforge into mastery and have haste at a certain number instead of just blindly stacking it?

As far as I know with the 4 set bonus and making good use of the mind spike + mind blast rotation that mastery becomes more valuable than haste after a certain point. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but if you make good use of the 4 set it is better to be at 2589 haste then reforge the rest into mastery. This value is even lower if you always get DI and/or have the goblin racial. Don't know the numbers exactly off the top of my head but I do believe you could get away with somewhere around 2k haste then reforge everything to mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    As far as I know with the 4 set bonus and making good use of the mind spike + mind blast rotation that mastery becomes more valuable than haste after a certain point. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but if you make good use of the 4 set it is better to be at 2589 haste then reforge the rest into mastery. This value is even lower if you always get DI and/or have the goblin racial. Don't know the numbers exactly off the top of my head but I do believe you could get away with somewhere around 2k haste then reforge everything to mastery.
    This was what I was afraid of; I'm at a high gear level without my 4 piece because I'm holding out for Heroic 4pc, but I might need to just get the 397. It's looking like a massive increase one way or another, and it's hampering my DPS.

Some priest with 5 points higher in ilvl (mind you, he has only 500 or so intellect more, but a lot more mastery) values mastery at nearly 3 times as much as I do. I actually have to reforge into some mastery and some crit right now out of haste for a meager 200-300 dps. Sucks, man. This priest also does about 7,000 more DPS than I do. We both have near perfect uptimes and rotation as well as multi-dotting where applicable. Such a huge set bonus, really.

The DPS you can squeeze out of the four piece really depends on the fight and how well you are using the MS/MB spam rotation. Most spriests aren't reforging down that low on haste except for heroic Spine and Madness, which are really specialized mechanics. You say this other spriest has "only" 500 more intellect, but that is a significant difference imo. Check out the post on H2P for the best info about the four piece T13.