[Music] GN'R at Graspop 2012

Rock giants GUNS N’ ROSES, one of the greatest bands of all time, have been confirmed as headliners for this year’s festival!

Why oh why? They were legends, but now they are just failure. Last time they were booked it was in 2006 (which wasn't a huge succes because of Axl, 80 minutes too late), but now they are going to be closing act of the festival.

I personally would like to see them (if they are in time), because well, they are the closing act

Thoughts about this? Will mister Rose let his fans / people who go to the festival wait like he usually does?
    Will the people from Graspop who book the bands see the light and tell Guns N' Roses to get the fuck out of there?
    Will the third headliner be a badass awesome band (i think it will be Iron Maiden, please not Slipknot AGAIN).

Graspop site
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Guns n' Roses is long dead. It's just Axel, now, really, who keeps hiring new musicians.

But he's a huge attraction, so I don't think Graspop would cancel. Not if they know what's good for their sales, anyway.

Deleted
    Graspop wouldn't cancel Guns n' Roses. It's a big name that attracts people. Tho if I would be going I'd just see it for the sake of having them seen. Just like I did with Ozzy Osbourne and Alice Cooper when they were at Wacken.

Neither are Axl and co. Guns'n'Roses, nor is solo-touring Slash Guns'n'Roses. Guns was the chemistry between ALL the musicians. With that said, Slash makes great shows with lots of nostalgia, and Axl makes great shows with lots of nostalgia. Don't see what's the problem here and why people are dissing the current G'n'R line-up. Axl aside, they're all good, talented musicians and they're doing what they can to make the shows memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayla View Post
    Tho if I would be going I'd just see it for the sake of having them seen. Just like I did with Ozzy Osbourne and Alice Cooper when they were at Wacken.
    Yeah, it's more a 'must seen them once' name, but i rather would have the old good one instead of what they are now. Now i'll be somewhere in the back, they don't deserve people in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Guns n' Roses is long dead. It's just Axl, now, really, who keeps hiring new musicians.
    But he's a huge attraction, so I don't think Graspop would cancel. Not if they know what's good for their sales, anyway.
    That's the problem, the band is/was a huge name, but imo not big enough as closing act (nor is Slipknot).

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I am quite sure he will. He was 50 min late in 2010's Sweden Rock festival. Old habits don't die that easily.
    I really dislike his voice and his douchebag behavior.
    We will see, probably will happen yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    Neither are Axl and co. Guns'n'Roses, nor is solo-touring Slash Guns'n'Roses. Guns was the chemistry between ALL the musicians. With that said, Slash makes great shows with lots of nostalgia, and Axl makes great shows with lots of nostalgia. Don't see what's the problem here and why people are dissing the current G'n'R line-up. Axl aside, they're all good, talented musicians and they're doing what they can to make the shows memorable.
    I prefer Slash>Axl any day. Axl is nothing but a pil taking retard now a days who thinks he's the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    I'm going with Frankie Boyle's opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzS1Bji8yi0

I'm really not a fan of Guns & Roses.

I still love the band's classic line ups from the 80's and 90's.

Maybe 15 years from now Bob Geldof arranges another of his charity concerts and they reunite for one more time a la Pink Floyd, until then I don't really care.

Of course, for them to reunite Axl would have to stop acting like an immature little kid, and what are the chances of that ever happening?