Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Finally someone gets it.

Well kinda.

The day PVP becomes one hundred percent balanced is the day everyone puts the controller down and walks away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    About the only way they could ever really balance PvP is through class homogenization - which, you should all be happy to hear, Blizzard seems bent on accomplishing. My bet is in, say, 2-3 years, every single class will be like every other class, with only cosmetic differences.
    This is a foolish viewpoint. Homogenization does not mean that one class plays just like all the other classes, nor does it mean that each class loses its identity. It just means that things are consistent across all classes.

Mortal Strike is 25% for all classes which can apply it. Yet would you say this ruins the flavor of Arms Warriors, Rogues, or Widow Venom?

Look at TF2. TF2 was and still is a wildly popular class-based game, and yet it's largely homogenized. Every class has a gun that shoots stuff. Every class moves pretty much the same way, only at different speeds, and each class takes damage the same way, just with different health pools depending on class. It's homogenized, but no one is going to take you seriously if you try and tell them a Demoman plays like a Soldier because they both move similarly and shoot explody things.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Every outcome should be determined by skill - a completely balanced environment is ideal, though unrealistic.

My only guess, OP, is that you play Rogue or Mage.

Deleted
    I would love it if SC2 had utter terrible balance. That way, I can play against a Terran who mines 2000 minerals a minute from MULES alone, has marines with 500 hp each and tanks that have infinite range. This makes the game more fun and more challenging.

OFC NOT.

Perfect balance overall should be pushed for in any competitive multiplayer scene. Every class/weapon/common tactic/strategy should have some viability somewhere. While 1 spec or weapon in FPS for example could be strong in multiple areas, it shouldn't dominate all of them.

Easy example = CoD if it was balanced properly:
    Assault Rifles are the jack weapons, strong in every area and engagement but doesn't dominate in any,
    SMG are strong close - mid range weapons but suck at long range.
    Shotgun are dominating at very close - close.
    LMGs are good mid-long range, more suppression than assault rifles.
    Sniper is favorable for long-very long range and can be used in mid ranges.

If there was no semblance of balance then we get a frustrating mess of a game:
    MW3 snipers are better than anything in close range if the player gets lucky/skilled enough.
    LMGs are dreadful compared to ARs due to lack of speed, too much recoil and is dependent on longer lines of sight.
    Grenades on CoD4 console were mini nukes and could be spammed.

For WoW, true balance can only be achieved if the game is in a state where gear is not improving for a static time and if PvE and PvP is balanced separately but blizzard doesn't seem to want to do this as it "scares and confuses new and casual players".

I would want a game where any spec within reason, could have a fighting chance against any other. Season 8 if generally accepted as the closest balance WoW has seen so far, part of the reason why 'Arena Tournament Realm' features season 8 as a major competitive scene. http://hydramist.tv/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unitos View Post
    Of course I want balance.

I'd bet that if they split pvp and pve, balance would be so much easier to achieve, though.

As many of us have suggested, this ^ would make class & spec balance relatively easy to do.

Sadly blizzard refuses to do so on the basis that "it would make the game to difficult to understand".

Which really means "we want to cater to idiots so much that we will sacrifice balancing game mechanics to do it.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    As many of us have suggested, this ^ would make class & spec balance relatively easy to do.

Sadly blizzard refuses to do so on the basis that "it would make the game to difficult to understand".

Which really means "we want to cater to idiots so much that we will sacrifice balancing game mechanics to do it.
    I've always read it as: "Dudes... that'd be way too much work."
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

People want balance, as long as their class is at the top.

This is why no matter how balanced the game is, complaints will continue over and over because people constantly blame their shortcomings on the game, the balance or whatever instead of looking at their play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    People want balance, as long as their class is at the top.

This is why no matter how balanced the game is, complaints will continue over and over because people constantly blame their shortcomings on the game, the balance or whatever instead of looking at their play.
    The problem is that sometimes they're right. This isn't SC2 or chess - if something is wrong, sometimes it's the game that's wrong and not the player. We won't be able to get rid of this kind of behavior until the game is actually balanced.