Help our Shadow DPS

Hey everyone

Coming to the priest forum for some advice if possible for our shadow priest. I don't know the class well enough to offer solid advice and I'm looking to see if there are any glaring gear/enchant/gemming/talent issues that would cause his DPS to suffer. He raids with our 10 man and generally pulls around 20k on ultrax. No logs yet (will start uploading on our next progression night.. still regular modes, pretty casual raiding). His armory is:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rtercom/simple

Thanks in advance!

Wrong metagem , Burning shadowspirit instead of Ember

Yeah, wrong meta but his other gems/enchants/gear look fine. His rotation must be off or maybe he has bad latency, with that gear he should be doing waaay more than 20k.

Deleted
    Got to agree with the above poster. His gear looks fine( asides from the meta-gem) and he really should be doing more than just pushing 20k so it has to be a rotation or latency issue.

Thanks guys -- I'll let him know about the meta, and hopefully we'll get a log online on our Warmaster attempts this week. Or maybe a straight fight like Ultrax next week so we can figure out where his damage is going. Thanks again!

To little haste, go for mastery after 2589 isntead (2140 something with DI).
    Either get 3202 haste or go for 2nd VT tick + mastery when you hate the 4set bonus.

I'm not a big fan of the weapon iether, would prefer rathrak + random offhand or anything like that, but can't be to picky I assume.

20k is very bad for that kind of gear. I think you can reach that with only SW:P, Mind Flay and Mind Blast on cd.
    My guess is he either has an extremely low dot uptime, he only spams Mind Spike + Blast or you have a melee favored group with close to no caster buffs.

Deleted
    hit instead of spirit (sfiend uses melee hit chance for some dark reason) , trinkets could be better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiematico View Post
    hit instead of spirit (sfiend uses melee hit chance for some dark reason) , trinkets could be better
    that's simply not true.
    I only have the 'hit' rating from my staff, everything else is spirit. I can't even recall the last time I saw sfiend miss in game or in logs. I'm not even sure you need to be hitcapped for sfiend to not miss. I've not seen it be parried or dodged either, and I certainly don't have expertise. I do see glancing blows often though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    that's simply not true.
    I only have the 'hit' rating from my staff, everything else is spirit. I can't even recall the last time I saw sfiend miss in game or in logs. I'm not even sure you need to be hitcapped for sfiend to not miss. I've not seen it be parried or dodged either, and I certainly don't have expertise. I do see glancing blows often though.
    I keep hoping one of these days that misconception will just die... but it always pops up again...

I am assuming he's not casting Mind Blast until he hits 3 orbs, it's a common mistake that seriously gimps dps. Though my advice is suspect as well... I am having a very similar issue, actually. Not as bad as 20k, but still too low for my tastes. I'll probably post it up here soon.