10+ Year Old Account

State of warlockdom /v/ H-Ultraxion

We're about to start on H Ultra 25, and generally our raid's dps is mediocre on a good day. With that being said, I'm interested in doing what's best for the guild to bring the biggest bang for the buck. Is the following graph a true representation of what people are finding in their own warlocking efforts on Heroic Ultraxion?

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion.../7/60/default/

We have the 10% SP buff usually covered with the sham, so that is not an issue for our set up.

What are the thoughts of those that have gone through the fight to bring the best of what we as a class have to offer.

Thanks!

Think of this a a bell curve on it's side. Warlocks are solidly to the right side of the bell hump which is a perfectly fine place to be.
    There are a few classes out on the narrow bleeding edge to the right.

Of course you could just take all arms warriors for that fight. But how easy is it going to be to find 17 of them on your server that do 48K?

Demo locks are not is as good of a place as they should be. There is a bug where Ultraxion is not affected by the HoG aura that is left on the ground. Most likely this is due to that he is floating over nothing. This is causing demo to lose the 10% pet crit debuff and the dps loss seems to put it about equal (for me at least) with affliction and destro.

Raid bots are a bad representation on what spec you should bring to a heroic encounter imo, i'd say use world of logs.. see what the highest potential of each spec is rather than the average dps of all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Raid bots are a bad representation on what spec you should bring to a heroic encounter imo, i'd say use world of logs.. see what the highest potential of each spec is rather than the average dps of all specs.
    Raid Bots are pulling their data from WoL and they're giving you the information that you are mentioning here, I fail to see your point...

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    All 3 spec's are nearly equal. RNG will favor some over the others. Whatever you play best the most consistently will be your best choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    All 3 spec's are nearly equal. RNG will favor some over the others. Whatever you play best the most consistently will be your best choice.
    What he said. However, my personal experience at about equal skill in all specs is true for WoL. However, especially with the nerf, playing whatever you play best will probably be most beneficial.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Destro will provide more overall dps on Ultraxion.

You can look at all logs and compare the avg ranks and also simcraft ultrax fight.

Demo gets hurt by HoG debuff not applying. Afflic vs Destro basically is the best unless you aren't used to playing them or are just amazing at Demo.

So really if 10% spellpower is covered play Destro or Afflic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    What he said. However, my personal experience at about equal skill in all specs is true for WoL. However, especially with the nerf, playing whatever you play best will probably be most beneficial.
    After 3 weeks of failing to use Destruction and finally dragging my sorry arse back to Demonology... I can confirm this :P

I personally would go destro, but I'm terrible at demonology for some reason and the HoG debuff is buggy on Ultrax anyways. I feel that affliction has way too much ramp up time and most of its overall dps becomes dependent on the execute phase, and that may not be a luxury your guild has due to the fact that you said that raid dps is mediocre. If you're comfortable and feel that you can bring good dps in destro, then definitely do it. Since there's an ele shaman in the raid, there's no point in bringing a spec that, while still comparable in dps for this fight, is hampered by the fact that the HoG debuff is nonexistent.

Deleted
    imho affli is better, you'll have drain soul which can make last phase shorter, this will help your healers, but as somer thers said, you should play the spec you fell more comfortable with

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkelon View Post
    imho affli is better, you'll have drain soul which can make last phase shorter, this will help your healers, but as somer thers said, you should play the spec you fell more comfortable with
    Having faster burn phase vs more dps throughout the fight doesn't make it better lol.

either way play whatever you feel you are best like everyone else says

I liked Destro for the fight, although getting some bad Fading Light timings will put a dent in your nice 99.4% ISF uptime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Demo locks are not is as good of a place as they should be. There is a bug where Ultraxion is not affected by the HoG aura that is left on the ground. Most likely this is due to that he is floating over nothing. This is causing demo to lose the 10% pet crit debuff and the dps loss seems to put it about equal (for me at least) with affliction and destro.
    While true, we (demo locks) still do better than the other specs on this fight, even withouth Gul'dan aura we tie with Destro.
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2012-02-04 at 09:07 PM.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually disagree with looking at Raidbot for DPS rankings (as the very best spec is being played by most of the best players which have the best gear, thus the "worst" spec being underplayed, and the top 200 logs thus being lower than they should/could be in the hands of the best of the best), but seeing how no specs are truly underplayed at the moment (maybe affliction a little bit on that fight), I'd say this is quite accurate.

I'm happy to hear from that HoG aura, I was thinking I was holding my raid back by going Destruction, as that's what I specialize in, and I hate Demonology in most fights (lining up meta and abusing pet swapping and buff/pet snapshot exploiting is my weak side, the rest of the rotation is a joke), but apparantly Destruction is quite nice there =D.

Destruction especially excels by being able to throw a very strong Nether Ward up, which you can time to last for the exact last 15 seconds of the fight, if you still reach the last minute of this fight with the nerf up... Long Soul Fire flight time together with PUSH BUTTON did put a serious dent in my I:SF uptime on this fight tho, but that wasn't my strongest side on Rag either, so I guess that's a personal issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro or Demo have the highest top end. But again play what you are best at/have the gear for.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Assuming equal skill in all specs i would recommend Demo, its got the strongest on demand damage at start and the sooner you get to execute phase the shorter the encounter will be. Considering the three specs will end up around the same numbers, at least thats what my common sense tells me.

Even mediocre geared (396ish) demo locks can spike 75k+ dps.

I do quite fine on the fight as Demonology, did 43.3k last week.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10968&e=11320

I'm the Demo lock in our raid for 10% sp so I'm very comfortable with it. Just play with you are most comfortable with unless there's a huge disparity in DPS (Arcane Mage vs Fire Mage for example).
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!