Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Skelington laughed...
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    lolwhat? how can he have sat in there dead for 9hours before someone there noticed? wasnt like it was empty, was other people there, surely someone would notice that he hasn't moved in a few hours.
    He took regular naps it says. They thought he was just sleeping until rigor mortis started.

Not good publicity for video games, even though this was heart problem related...
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-02-03 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    He took regular naps it says. They thought he was just sleeping.
    woops, guess i should probably read the article before posting :P

i have never been to an internet cafe, but do people really sleep there? i thought they went there and paid to use the computers / game there, not sleep :|

So was he playing for 23 hours then died, and 9 hours later people realized he was dead, or was he dead for 9 of those 23 hours, meaning he only actually played for 14 hours?
    ಠ_ಠ

Hmmm well the guy had a heart condition already so it is not too surprising. Although what I found odd is that he did take naps, Essentially he did kinda a breaks, but it goes to show you that you need to get up and move around for a bit. These game centers in Asia really need some regulation. It is always someone in China or Taiwan or South Korea,etc, dying playing for so long. IMO They either should have these people take mandatory breaks and get them to move around and stuff or have max amount of time they can be on there like 6 hours or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    This is how I wanna go.
    From overplaying LoL or the SIG?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and lack of movement.
    Oh i better start moving

Deleted
    23 hours playing L.O.L I would die of bordem never mind a heart attack.
    how did the person in charge of the shop not know what had happened ? lot of unanswered questions.

On a side note, establishment owners for places such as Netcafes should be held accountable for deaths like these. Unfortunately, they see such unhealthily obsessed individuals as a big source of income... particularly in the south-eastern areas of Asia, and care not for their well being.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew he had to have a condition. I've played minecraft for over 30 hours straight, and I didn't die.

Pretty sad but on a more important note, even if you play a game for that long, you should always get up sand stretch every now add then because serious stuff can happen from being still that long. Heart condition or Not.

Deleted
    He died happy, and that's all that matters.

did anyone else notice that apparently its common practice in Korean internet cafes to sleep sitting up?
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    Inc advertising from the game companies - "We make video games so engrossing you won't even notice the stench from the dead guy next to you!"

Really though, sad story and all but like others have said it sounds like he wasn't doing anything to prevent/avoid his known health conditions.
    He played LoL for 23 hours straight, so he probably didn't smell too good in the first place.
    And now I feel terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    he had a heart condition, he didnt look after himself properly. I do find the fact that no one noticed somewhat disturbing tho, however to some degree can understand, people immersed in gaming can actually be oblivious to there surroundings, even my partner i have to smack him over the head to listen to me etc sometimes. (yeah yeah no nagging jokes please ) I play games too ya know, and i do it myself

Deleted
    so he was 23 and he died after 23 hours of playing LoL.... this has illuminati written all over

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    did anyone else notice that apparently its common practice in Korean internet cafes to sleep sitting up?
    Except this happened in Taiwan. Not South Korea. This is just freak accident caused by his heart condition. 23h is not lethal by any means. When Wrath came we went 3 days with 5h of sleep, energy drinks and junk food. Healthy? Hell no. Does it kill you? If you are normal health then nope.

In Finland those very few internet gaming cafes are well lit and supervised. But this is not the case in Asia with little to none regulations. Place was most likely badly lit with no hourly fees you need to pay to continue playing (just pay when you leave). The guy was known to take naps in front of the computer. He's been going nonstop for almost a full day. No wonders if everyone thinks in badly lit conditions he's just sleeping if he's sitting there head slumped down.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Deleted
    what a shitty waitress

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone who had a heart condition had a heart attack. What a huge surprise.

why does this sort of thing always happen in a asian country?

Deleted
    Gaming level : Asian