Deleted

"Banned Avatars"

Maybe I am stupid, but since I came to this forum it bugged me out what these banned avatars with crossed name mean... Ok at first I thought that these were banned some time ago and therefore lost their account... but sometimes I just see posts made a few hours ago by these guys and I am wondering if they could got banned in that time span, or is this just a common avatar picture that everyone loves and therefore puts it up?

Thanks sincerely for your help

Deleted
    It means they were banned.

Deleted
    Guess people get banned but their pots they made a second ago are still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked something similar not long ago, and "banned" does not necessarily mean permanently banned, but most of the time a suspension.

10+ Year Old Account
    They get the banned avatar even if they are just suspended for a specific amount of time. After a certain amount of infractions, a person will receive a suspension. They lose their ability to post and their avatar gets changed to the banned avatar.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, it means what it says=)

10+ Year Old Account
    It means they were banned. Most bans are only temporary, so the person can become unbanned and post again.

To clarify on what other people are saying, people get the banned avatar on all their posts when they're currently banned. The moment they're able to post again their avatar goes back to normal. So if people are perma-banned then they'll always have the banned avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    The infraction system is pretty simple. Each infraction against the rules carries a certain number of points. Most simple spam/troll/flame infractions are 5 points, but they scale up for the severe stuff. Points decay over time, as well, they aren't permanent.

If you reach 15 points, you get a temporary suspension, and every future infraction that adds to that point total results in another. As your point total rises, the bans increase in length. They start at a 3 day suspension, and will extend out to weeks then months and finally a permaban. If you're currently suspended, you get the name-crossed-out and banned avatar treatment, to let everyone know. That doesn't mean they were infracted for the post you're looking at; if you look at the bottom right corner, there will be a red mark if that post received an infraction.

And that's how the system works.

Deleted
    Is it against the rules to put a banned avatar YOURSELF?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olaf the Berserker View Post
    Is it against the rules to put a banned avatar YOURSELF?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Yes.
    Awww, not fair :'(