Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Cool OpenRaid - EU, US realms and guest access available [beta]

Hi everyone!

This post is about: www.OpenRaid.eu and www.OpenRaid.us - the biggest cross realm raiding community. Join nearly 5,600 other users! Loads of users are online every day/night.

Open for all World of Warcraft players!

Visit www.OpenRaid.eu for EU realms and www.OpenRaid.us for US realms.

I'm a daily reader but actually haven't posted on the forum before. I wanted to share with you a new website that - I hope - will help you in finding groups for raids. This was thought of by my guildies, and I've implemented it. Think of it as a giant guild alliance or a LFR with better gear chances.

For smaller guilds, it’s a pain to find raiders, mostly due to low guild level and such. While you may have a few great raiders, you can’t easily get 10, let alone 25 players. You want to get people that fit in your group. But nowadays, with a lot of small guilds, that’s a difficult and time consuming process. So this is why we made OpenRaid. To enable you once more to do the raids you want, and the achievements you want.

LFR tends to get boring and hasn’t got the gear edge DS10/25 does. You also can't really do the achievements you may want to do, or perhaps even oldschool raids. But now you can do this cross-realm, too! Aside from that, spamming trade for pugs doesn’t always cut it. It can take hours to set up, especially harder achievements, and it often fails or isn’t the atmosphere you seek.

www.OpenRaid.eu and www.OpenRaid.us are in beta testing phase right now, so it may contain a bug here and there. Give it a try! It’s free, and will be forever. It's also not ad supported. Please let me know if you do find any bugs, and we’ll fix them asap. Give it a shot!

You'll only see raids that you can attend (based on ilvl from Battlenet and other factors). You can leave feedback after raids which gives people reputation with OpenRaid. Using rep you can know what to expect from a certain player.

Some highlights:
    - 100% Free of charge
    - 100% Advertisements free
    - 100% No "premium" accounts. Free is really free
    - Live chat right on the website
    - Forum with a lot of cross-realm raid postings
    - Plenty of moderators ready to help you with any kind of problems
    - Site reputation system to keep track of user performance
    - Epic community competitions! (coming soon)
    - Free to join Ventrilo servers in EU and US!!

Let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by mmoc85539ee516; 2012-03-03 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Updated information

10+ Year Old Account
    Its an interesting idea. I don't know how well it will work out in practice because all the same people who are in LFR and do not really know what they are doing could try and sign up for this and that's just not going to work well for most normal modes even, or doing achievements. Is there any way to screen or otherwise "qualify" people or is it just based on ilvl?

Deleted
    Thanks! Qualification is done by both ilvl and reputation, though I agree right now ilvl seems to be "the main thing" in OpenRaid right now. I agree that just a high ilvl doesn't guarantee a good raid... However, a good track record doesn't always mean you get along as well.

I think the best way to select players for raids is to both look at ilvl and track record. You can leave feedback which basically increases or decreases someones "reputation" with OpenRaid. The reputation is a bar, like in WoW, that goes from Hated to Exalted based on attendance and feedback. People with a low score won't really be selected over people with higher scores much. This should motivate people to behave as well as do their best.

Right now this "reputation" is only visible from the character info page, but we'll add this to the tooltips soon so you can see this without leaving the raid signup page. For the raid leaders we want to add a page where you can easily evaluate how a raid's gone, mark any no-showers or bad players, and add score to those who did well. So reputation gains should go quickly for those who often raid. We're going to make the reputation bar stand out a bit more as well.

One thing that raids need as well, in my opinion, is solid leadership. I think most people that will post raid already have a few friends/guildies that are joining, this may give them a push in the right direction.

Deleted
    Looks interesting - set up a raid of my own for those interested - Tier 11 "progressing"

What does this mean? - the character you bring can not have any items equipped that exceed ilvl 359. aiming to clear it all in a few hours (shouldn't be very hard) and ideally keep this a weekly run and one by one get some hardmodes down eventually.

do sign up if you're interested!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    Looks interesting - set up a raid of my own for those interested - Tier 11 "progressing"
    Very nice! Which realm are you doing these runs on?
    I myself am on Khadgar so I can't join yours unfortunately (didn't see your raid in my list anyway).

Let me know if you miss any feature and we'll look into adding them asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpossibru View Post
    Very nice! Which realm are you doing these runs on?
    I myself am on Khadgar so I can't join yours unfortunately (didn't see your raid in my list anyway).

Let me know if you miss any feature and we'll look into adding them asap.

Shadowsong EU most likely, but didn't they implement real ID cross realm raiding (for anything but DS) ?

in regards to features:
    A max ilvl for runs like mine for example would be a nice addition.

PS. the run came up when I searched for "anything" so should be there.
    Last edited by mmoc1c984c02b2; 2012-02-04 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    Ah, I see it now, yeah. Was looking via a testing database, silly me :P

A max ilvl sounds good, but keep in mind people can fake that by equipping low items and refreshing when their ilvl is low on the armory

As for real ID: right now it doesn't show email addresses but that might be a great thought. The only issue is that you'd have to add everyone to your real ID to invite them. That makes very full friendslists (mostly for raidleaders) which they may not always want, or you could remove people after inviting... Anyway I haven't considered x-realm before because most implementation was done with me completely oblivious of the new patch notes.

Perhaps an opt-in for displaying real ID/email address sounds good? Then for those who have enabled that, I can lift the realm restriction. I think some people wouldn't appreciate having their e-mail addy out in the open, so it shouldn't be forced in my opinion.

Deleted
    I think showing email-addresses/names etc is a bad idea. or atleast only make them visible to the raidleader (so that he/she can add/inv) when you've signed for a raid.

Deleted
    You keep coming with good ideas. Thanks a lot! Actually working this in the site right now!

Deleted
    No problem, happy to help ! Going to be running some regular heroics for the gear if anyone would be interested (PM me and I'll add you @ realid)

I just set up a raid for next week, hope this works

Deleted
    Aaaand there we go. I signed up for your raid, I think!

More testing to do!

If you set your real ID under 'account' you can see raids from all realms.
    However, you don't have to do this as raidleader. I can see your raids anyway.

It would be nice if people could leave comments under the raids. People could see and learn much more stuff even before they add others from LiveID and plus its easier!

Deleted
    How do you mean comments? You should already be able to add a comment while signing, do you mean that?

Or do you mean the raidleaders?

Hmm.. Like you see a picture on facebook and you can comment under these pictures.
    For example you want to know how the loot is going to be handled and you want to ask it, you can just leave a comment under the raid and wait for the raid leader to comment under it. By this way everyone can see it too.

Or maybe you want to ask if anyone has an offspec for a specific boss..just an idea.

Deleted
    Ahh, good idea! Like a small shoutbox, I suppose. Or post comments on Mmo champion.
    I'll look into implementing that shortly! It's a bit more work, but it'll be in there

Gotta say this idea is wonderful. Bringing the realms closer and getting to make a name for you outside your own is awesome.

I'd love to make some FL 25 mans for my shamans legendary, but will probally wait untill the site is a bit more functional and more people are using. But I'm supporting the idea as I like those community things a lot, and my server is kinda dead.

This is awesome; my shaman and paladin could now get some love :>

Deleted
    I thought you couldn't do DS cross realm yet?

you can with real ID friends