Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Madness - PoV Butosai (Ret)

I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Thanks for sharing, was interesting to watch. Also gratz on the kill. :-)

I noticed you stacked up while nuking Mutated Corruptions and didn't see any Crush damage. There's actually safe spots for this?

If I may ask, what specs did your locks play?

Is that Power Auras you are using for your buff durations with the icons?

The spot is not a safe spot, but we heal through the damage. Its where our melee stand since thats where we bring the bloods for aoe and spellweaving onto targets

Sugarytreats was demo. Verotha and Mattlock were affliction

And yes thats power auras
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    Any special reason to why you didnt post it in the paladin video thread?

Because its dead and no one updates it

Deleted
    Thanks, interesting!

why did you care what spec the locks were lol

Nice job. What addon is showing your exorcism dot and SoT stacks over the health bars?

platebuffs

15+ Year Old Account
    You hard-cast an Exorcism and a half at 2:00. Was that intentional? I'm not up to date on Heroic Madness mechanics as I haven't done it.

Also, I'm curious how you track your Holy Wrath, Judgement, and Consecration (well Cons is always up when you need it usually, it's just the mana that matters) cooldowns. Is it just innate after playing that much Ret?
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-02-06 at 06:30 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

not at all, I thought I had an art of war proc up for some reason

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 06:38 AM ----------

yah basically when you play any class at a high level for a long enough period of time you can literally feel when everything is going to come off cooldown. Even for my 2 minute cds I dont even have to look at them to know when they are going to be ready. Thats how some players are able to line up stuff so well.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 01:01 PM ----------

Also wanted to point out this is rank 11 with me dying and no fight mechanics cheesing at all, switching to everything and not bloods padding (kill them when we are suppose to, opposed to leave them up for WoL parses) using creche over blf and potting on the second parasite fourth platform. So if you want to really see how to squeeze every ounce of dps out of this fight this is a good guide. (heroic experimental slicer)
    Last edited by Butosai; 2012-02-06 at 01:18 PM.

So jealous that you can go SoR when regenerative bloods come up, tried doing that at first in my guild but our dps are scum and if I add to it they die before the parasite even spawns, as is I can only get 1 DS and 1 HW before they are dead once the parasite spawns >.<

Also have been having to pop wings/zeal on 2nd and 4th platforms 2nd parasites instead of holing on to them because if I don't the one on the fourth always dies because of scumbags thinking heavy aoe produces more dps than light aoe...
    Last edited by Adhal-Blackrock; 2012-02-11 at 02:04 AM.

Unfortunately with a lot of raid comps if everyone tries to "maximize" their spellweave the bloods will just die instantly when they're not supposed to, it really sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pbad View Post
    Unfortunately with a lot of raid comps if everyone tries to "maximize" their spellweave the bloods will just die instantly when they're not supposed to, it really sucks.
    Is there some reason the bloods should be dying slowly? That statement just doesn't seem to make sense to me. The faster they die, the better, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher0 View Post
    Is there some reason the bloods should be dying slowly? That statement just doesn't seem to make sense to me. The faster they die, the better, right?
    not exactly. Way spellweave works is that everytime you deal damage to something, you get a chance to damage everything around that something. In this case, if you save the adds for the parasite, by dps'ing them down as well spellweave will proc from attacking them and it will help killing the parasite.

That's why you save them, I think

A lot of strats involve saving them in a sense for a little bit to proc spellweaving on to the mutated corruption and then blowing them up at the same time as the 2nd corrupting parasite of the platform. They will usually go through about 2 resets in this time.

Deleted
    I like your Video=)

Thank you.

I feel like this may be a stupid question, but what is the golden claw buff you get that you have emphasized with power auras?

Edit: Sorry figured it out; Swordguard Embroidery.
    Last edited by Tobley; 2012-02-12 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Nice video, gratz on the kill