Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Guildwars 2 Nation.

I Am creating this thread to encourage open discussion on any feature of the game other threads or sites wont talk about.

I would like a moderator to make a big bold statement here
    "Keep it civil, Talk about the things you are looking forward to, Talk about the things your not looking forward too"
    "Reply positive feedback, do not engage in reply fights or derail each other"
    "Simply State what you think good or bad what you think could be changed or made better"

We Have the chance here to Create something new, An unbiased To pve/pve/lore/qq, Environment where the best ideas Democratically stay.
    And continue to evolve, while the less popular ideas are also allowed their fair time.

With that Said Welcome to the Guildwars2 Nation

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the job the CM's are doing. I think they're ignoring way too much of the community. They seem to have an concept of developing relationships with "big names" from Guru, and thinking that somehow that will filter through. In my opinion, that's a load of crap.

It's pretty sad when the GW2 facebook account has 100's of replys of trolls and QQ that aren't moderated, while at the same time a CM is trading tweets on their personal accounts with "big names" from Guru about the weather in Seattle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I don't like the job the CM's are doing. I think they're ignoring way too much of the community. They seem to have an concept of developing relationships with "big names" from Guru, and thinking that somehow that will filter through. In my opinion, that's a load of crap.

It's pretty sad when the GW2 facebook account has 100's of replys of trolls and QQ that aren't moderated, while at the same time a CM is trading tweets on their personal accounts with "big names" from Guru about the weather in Seattle.
    That is alarming indeed, Do you have an idea on how to curb what has gone on so long?
    I myself was unaware of guildwarsguru due largely in that www.guildwars2.com has nothing related, most of my info came from mmochamp and the guildwarscommunity youtube page as well as Tubeelephant Scylol and Alexridiculous.

I have never been to or known about guru till today, and this is the main reason this page is now here.

Deleted
    Ugh.. GW2guru is a VERY dangerous thing. First, it is very one-dimensional, by that I mean there is almost no diversity when it comes to opinions. Sure, you do have few topics which are an exception, but they either being closed because of flaming or just turn in to ideology wars. It's just not healthy when you can only discuss things "in one particular way".

I think GW2 WILL need one official forum, otherwise we might end up with a game that only GW2guru people will like. I really do think "entitled to everything" approach of Guru crew can potentially hurt the game on the long run.

When ever I go to guru I feel like i'm gonna step on a landmine. Sometimes it discourages me because they talk about how they dont think x will be able to do y or to be succesful you have to do this and that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Ugh.. GW2guru is a VERY dangerous thing. First, it is very one-dimensional, by that I mean there is almost no diversity when it comes to opinions. Sure, you do have few topics which are an exception, but they either being closed because of flaming or just turn in to ideology wars. It's just not healthy when you can only discuss things "in one particular way".

I think GW2 WILL need one official forum, otherwise we might end up with a game that only GW2guru people will like. I really do think "entitled to everything" approach of Guru crew can potentially hurt the game on the long run.
    I am very glad i never knew about that site.
    This forum is where you will be able to post things you think could be done different or better, and no one well not me will censor you.

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IMonstrousI View Post
    When ever I go to guru I feel like i'm gonna step on a landmine. Sometimes it discourages me because they talk about how they dont think x will be able to do y or to be succesful you have to do this and that.
    You may post here without fear of landmines <3

Deleted
    IMonstrousI from what I can understand it seem Gw2guru is trying to define the professions the way they want to see them. In doing so, instead of having fun to play a profession that can do all things in a moderate way they will probably be inclining towards (do I dare say) the trinity model. Or trying to create an idea of the perfect profession...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
    IMonstrousI from what I can understand it seem Gw2guru is trying to define the professions the way they want to see them. In doing so, instead of having fun to play a profession that can do all things in a moderate way they will probably be inclining towards (do I dare say) the trinity model. Or trying to create an idea of the perfect profession...
    And this tidbit is why i don't think ArenaNet is taking guru seriously, as they are absolutely against a trinity.
    Unless they suddenly add a 3rd heavy class, and say oh ya trinity in the next 2 months its not ever going to happen.

I am of the opinon that GW2 does not need an official forum and i explained this in some thread on this forum. When a game has its own forum that just opens it up for 100 times more trolling and flaming. Companies have less harsh guidelines when running their own forum than a fan site like guru. Guru doesnt want people trolling the game or flaming others in the community because its a site for the fans, they want positives not negatives. I have no problem with them being so strict.

You are allowed to discuss ideas about the game on guru i frequently visit many of the thief threads were people are speculating on how the class works with no evidence and i havent seen it get closed.

As for what Mif said, I dont even use twitter i could care less if the CM's are being buddies with Guru members, and i dont care that they post on other fan sites. So i dont think their behavior needs to change.

The game isnt out yet so i think we should all just wait and see what happens once the game is launched how they will handle reciving information like bugs or class imbalance. and if they will have official forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little confused as to how "This is a thread where you can post your concerns about GW2" became "GW2Guru is volatile and dangerous." Hell, threads for talking about potential problems or discussing different views on how things should be done in GW2 are very common there. On the first page alone at this time, there are threads for how different posters want expansions to be handled, how challenging or competitive PvE content should work out, what sort of marketing they want ArenaNet to focus on, what would be acceptable or desired from the game store, and what would be a deal-breaker in purchasing GW2. There's plenty of other similar topics that come and go without getting locked.

No diversity of opinions? It has far more posters than this board does, and with that a much greater diversity of people with different views and desires.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    I'm a little confused as to how "This is a thread where you can post your concerns about GW2" became "GW2Guru is volatile and dangerous." Hell, threads for talking about potential problems or discussing different views on how things should be done in GW2 are very common there. On the first page alone at this time, there are threads for how different posters want expansions to be handled, how challenging or competitive PvE content should work out, what sort of marketing they want ArenaNet to focus on, what would be acceptable or desired from the game store, and what would be a deal-breaker in purchasing GW2. There's plenty of other similar topics that come and go without getting locked.

No diversity of opinions? It has far more posters than this board does, and with that a much greater diversity of people with different views and desires.
    ^agree

the threads that got closed are the ones which start a topic which has been discussed to death in those forums, but people seem to ignore the search function. The mods there take care about trolls and this is a good thing, thinking back how often I had to argue with those here. I love both communities, this forum is more friendly to new players imho, because on guru no one want's to talk about mounts, trinity, raids etc after 1000 pages in enough threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif

I agree. One official post here and there in certain threads could make a huge difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why people have any problem with GW2guru, iv had literally no issues and have had amazing responses and response times in the questions section, and i see pretty much no irrelevant information threads, i think the CM's there do an amazing job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    ^agree

the threads that got closed are the ones which start a topic which has been discussed to death in those forums, but people seem to ignore the search function. The mods there take care about trolls and this is a good thing, thinking back how often I had to argue with those here. I love both communities, this forum is more friendly to new players imho, because on guru no one want's to talk about mounts, trinity, raids etc after 1000 pages in enough threads.

I agree. One official post here and there in certain threads could make a huge difference.
    So you find something with search and post but its old you get necro banned? thats not really much of an improvement to the other forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    SNIPE
    Obviously if something has the ability to be necro'd everything that people were able to discuss about have been discussed to death so there is no point in adding your input, if the thread still needed relevant information or something is still needed to be said the thread wouldn't have died off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    So you find something with search and post but its old you get necro banned? thats not really much of an improvement to the other forums.
    No, that is exactly what does not happen. If someone brings up an older thread with their own thoughts on the topic, they don't get banned for nercoing it. The moderators prefer people continue a topic in an existing thread - even an older one - rather than creating a new thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    No, that is exactly what does not happen. If someone brings up an older thread with their own thoughts on the topic, they don't get banned for nercoing it. The moderators prefer people continue a topic in an existing thread - even an older one - rather than creating a new thread.
    This is one of the things that bugs me with forums.

No unilateral rules, and when i google something and end up in a forum i feel like pulling out my teethe

Deleted
    I still fail to find any arguments against one official forum run by Anet.

Let's say I have an idea/suggestion which is worth sharing wit Anet. Where do I go?
    - posting it on GW2guru is barged with a risk of being deleted, flamed or just generally burried in that cesspool. I've actually got few of my PVP topics deleted because of people starting ideology wars just to justify deletion by moderator so my unpopular idea will not get "further attention". I still have PM from a mod where he stated "those ideas are not welcome here". I've actually tried to discuss implementation of tourney system and general ideas on class balance which supposedly would exclude people from a content oO
    - posting here doesn't have any sense either cause Anet is not "considering" this part of internet as a valuable feedback source actually I think you can still find few tweets where mmochamp is portrayed as "not worthy of their attention"

Lack of official forum can hurt this game on the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because that wasn't a topic anyone was discussing...

If you want to provide feedback, you can use http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Main
    I'm sure they will set up a similar page on wiki.guildwars2.com once the game goes live. The GW and GW2 wikis are owned and run by ArenaNet.

Let's say I have an idea/suggestion which is worth sharing wit Anet. Where do I go?
    There are other ways to get in contact with Anet, Email, Phonecall, maybe an ingame suggestion tool. Dont always need a forum or post it in the gw1 forum on ncsoft website.

10+ Year Old Account

- posting it on GW2guru is barged with a risk of being deleted, flamed or just generally burried in that cesspool. I've actually got few of my PVP topics deleted because of people starting ideology wars just to justify deletion by moderator so my unpopular idea will not get "further attention". I still have PM from a mod where he stated "those ideas are not welcome here". I've actually tried to discuss implementation of tourney system and general ideas on class balance which supposedly would exclude people from a content oO
    - posting here doesn't have any sense either cause Anet is not "considering" this part of internet as a valuable feedback source actually I think you can still find few tweets where mmochamp is portrayed as "not worthy of their attention"

Where does it say anywhere on guildwars2.com they even read guru? at anet.