Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Love Is in the Air! (February 5th - February 18th)

Love Is in the Air! (February 5th - February 18th)
    Love Is in the Air once again! The event starts on February 5 and ends February 18 and brings us a new mount this year: the Swift Lovebird! See below for more details!

Love Token Rewards
    The same Love Token rewards as last year are available, with the addition of the new Swift Lovebird mount for those of you who really really like pink.

A few important things to keep in mind:

• If you have a lot of money and don't feel like farming Love Token, you can buy Lovely Charm Bracelet from other players and exchange them for Love Token at any Love is in the Air rewards NPC without any limit. If you really want to show off on your server and be the first with the mount, that's the way to go.
    • The Swift Lovebird mount and the Truesilver Shafted Arrow companion pets are not bind on pick up and can be bought at the Auction House. Obviously, it also means the event is a good opportunity to farm something valuable and sell it if you're short on cash.
    • Don't forget the other mount, Big Love Rocket from the daily dungeon encounter!

Crown Chemical Co. Encounter Rewards
    The Crown Chemical Co. Encounter is now available in your Dungeon Finder and you can run the event as much as you want to get one of the rare necklaces. As far as we know they haven't been updated this year and it's very likely that you have something better than the ilvl 346 rewards you get from the encounter.

Level Type Spec Slot Name
    346NeckMeleeNeckChoker of the Pure Heart
    346NeckPhysical DPSNeckSweet Perfume Broach
    346NeckSpell DPSNeckHeartbreak Charm
    346NeckSpell SpiritNeckWinking Eye of Love
    346NeckTankNeckShard of Pirouetting Happiness

You also get Heart-Shaped Box once a day, the box has a chance to contain one of the following rewards:

• Forever-Lovely Rose will replace your hat and show your character holding a rose between his/her teeth. Cannot be used in transmogrification.
    • Vile Fumigator's Mask is an awesome looking fumigator helm but sadly cannot be used for transmogrification.
    • Toxic Wasteling is a companion pet that will grow in size if you let it eat critters!
    • The Heartbreaker allows you to break hearts ... why would you do that? You're mean.
    • Big Love Rocket mount has a very small chance to drop from the box, and is the only reason why you will run the encounter every day.

Farming Love Tokens
    There are a couple of ways to acquire Love Token and they're all pretty simple, you can even grind them if you absolutely want all the rewards as fast as possible.

1. Crushing the Crown Daily Quest
    Crushing the Crown starts from the Love is in the Air quest giver in Stormwind/Orgrimmar and requires you to destroy a chemical wagon in Uldum. Lower versions of the quest are also available. Rewards Love Token x 5.

• Crushing the Crown - Kill 5 Crown Technicians and use Snagglebolt's Khorium Bomb to destroy one chemical wagon east of the Tomb of Khartut in Uldum, then return to Detective Snap Snagglebolt in Orgrimmar.
    • Crushing the Crown - Kill 5 Crown Technicians and use Snagglebolt's Khorium Bomb to destroy one chemical wagon east of the Tomb of Khartut in Uldum, then return to Inspector Snip Snagglebolt in Stormwind.

2. Gifts to Faction Leaders Daily Quest
    Daily quests to give Gifts to faction leaders are also available. You can start the quests by talking to Kwee Q. Peddlefeet in any capital city,

You can complete all 4 quests every day, but you will have to travel to each capital city to start them. The quest itself requires you to kill 10 monsters (green difficulty or higher) with the Lovely Charm Collector's Kit in your inventory (provided automatically when you start the quest) to gather 10 x Lovely Charms and change them into a Lovely Charm Bracelet!

Completing one of those quests will reward you with Love Token x 5 and completing all 4 will get you 20 Tokens each day. (Yes, my maths skills are impressive)

3. Samples Random Daily Quest
    You will randomly get one of the 3 free samples quest each day. A Perfect Puff of Perfume, A Cloudlet of Classy Cologne, and Bonbon Blitz all require you to use an item 10 times on other players or NPCs. Pretty easy way to get another Love Token x 5 every day.

4. Crown Chemical Co. - Dungeon Finder
    The Crown Chemical Co. encounter available in the Dungeon Finder rewards you with Heart-Shaped Box. It was updated this year and now contains 5 to 10 Love Token along with the old items.

Love Is in the Air Customer Support Policy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Love is in the Air from February 5-20, and with these romantic feelings comes one of Azeroth’s many special world events! World events are a time for players to celebrate in-game holidays, acquire special vanity items or pets, and earn those much sought-after achievements. As these things are highly valued by our players, our support staff is available should things go awry. If you’d like to learn more about this event, be sure to check out our Community Blog.

There are some situations, however, in which there may be limitations to the assistance we can provide. While some of the policies below are primarily aimed at our world events, they are all in line with our other more general support policies. As always, exceptions may be made, particularly in the case of extenuating circumstances or bugs. Keep an eye out for such issues by visiting our Support Site and searching for the issue you are experiencing, or checking the Breaking News.

Event Item Purchases
    Many holidays provide special forms of currency, usually tokens or other exchangeable items, with which purchases can be made from limited availability vendors. Many of the items from these vendors may be necessary to complete achievements associated with world events, so they are often highly coveted. The majority of these items are non-refundable, and this functionality is intended. As a result, make your purchases wisely, as Game Masters will be unable to facilitate such refunds.

Achievement Related Issues
    For many, world events are one of the most convenient means to acquire achievements. Achievements represent overcoming extreme odds, having a bit of luck, and generally serve as a milestone for your character to proudly show off. Achievements are, by definition, accomplishments that require skillful effort and often a non-trivial amount of time to earn. Because of the intent behind achievement design philosophy and tool limitations, Game Masters are unable to grant, remove, or alter achievements in any way.

Limited Duration Events
    World events can make time fly by quickly, so make sure that you get all your achievements, quests, and special events done before it’s too late! While availability may be limited, Game Masters are only able to provide restorations if they have accompanying logs to prove that a loss occurred. If the item was never acquired or the quest never completed, a restoration isn’t usually possible.
    Also bear in mind that the event end date will always be listed in your Events Calendar in-game, and the deadline corresponds with realm time, not your local time. We highly advise making certain all your tasks are completed well in advance, and wish you all the best throughout your seasonal adventures!
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2012-02-06 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great lol 2 mounts I won't get.Thought all I needed was the rocket

What's the drop rate on Big Love Rocket? I'm guessing it's like 1:10000 because I rarely see any on my server. Thanks for the guide, by the way.

Also note that some people were experiencing problems with Lovely Charms looting to their bags. I had to unfortunately drop the Grisly Trophy quest because it was keeping them from being created. Wasn't like that for my friend though.

As for the pets and mounts being BOE, this seems to be the new direction for World Events. The Lunar Festival had some very nice BOE pets to farm for that you could transfer factions and make a pretty penny with.

If you're looking for a place to farm Lovely Charms, try that open area in the Western part of Icecrown. There's 6-8 enslaved mobs in packs that you can just aoe down.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2012-02-05 at 11:51 AM.

I still need like 4 things from this even but I really don't feel like doing this stuff every day =(.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    I still need like 4 things from this even but I really don't feel like doing this stuff every day =(.
    I hear ya. I'm actually a little bit bitter that I did the Ahune and Winter Veil quests every day but didn't get either of the new pets. I should have really created some alts since they're becoming account-wide. The same might apply for mounts eventually too, so it'd be smart to run this on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least on the EU you can't sell or buy charm bracelets at the auction house, because the item has limited duration and you can not put limited duration items on the ah so the article needs correction. Can buy them with a simple /trade though.

you CAN NOT sell the bracelets on AH due to limited duration on US either.

Deleted
    i luv the textures on the lovebird :l!

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, I noticed a bug yesterday, and I was unable to get the Lovely Charms due to me having the DMF quest were you are supposed to get 250 of an item. While having the last said quest, I was unable to get a single Lovely Charm through killing all 250 mobs required for the DMF quest, but as soon as I turned it in, I got loads of lovely charms!

Is the Love Fool having unlimited use confirmed? It was a one-time use last year. Anyone who has done it can confirm?

Gief lovebird ! :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kw405 View Post
    Is the Love Fool having unlimited use confirmed? It was a one-time use last year. Anyone who has done it can confirm?
    1-use. At least when i used it on Shadowsong Eu today.

just picked up a toxic wasteling and it is still soulbound. Did they forget to do the changes to this event?

10+ Year Old Account
    damn those necks are sexy for progression raiders!!

Deleted
    That's stupid, I was looking forward to get my new 85 alts some decent neckpieces, and using the JP to buy something else. But, ilvl346 neckpieces are pretty useless. Very very disappointing.

Deleted
    A tip for grinding Bracelets, many of the usual place like Fleshwerks is very crowded on many servers. So if you want a place to grind Lovely Charms alone, go to Halls of Lighting in The storm peaks, almost at the start of the instance is a place called The iron Crucible. Elementals keep spwanin and your totally alone. Good Luck with your love bird!

Deleted
    Currently you cannot mail the Lovely Charm Bracelets. You also can't put them up for auction. EU server.

Just for those who are more math impaired than me, if you have horrible rng and just do the quests and the dungeon you will have the mount in 8 days....I remember one year a friend and i went into ulduar and got the charms off the trash at the beginning. I know they nerfed the stop rate but I still wonder if you can get those there. Would be much quicker than halls of lightening
    Last edited by toddless; 2012-02-05 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toddless View Post
    Just for those who are more math impaired than me, if you have horrible rng and just do the quests and the dungeon you will have the mount in 8 days....I remember one year a friend and i went into ulduar and got the charms off the trash at the beginning. I know they nerfed the stop rate but I still wonder if you can get those there. Would be much quicker than halls of lightening
    You cant do that anymore in ulduar

Can't mail or sell Lovely Charm Bracelet in AH on US servers. Gives error "You can not sell items with limited durations".