Underwater Dynamic Events

Hey there everyone!

I saw the 'create your own DE' thread, and after a few pages I got to thinking about the promised multitude of underwater content.

So, by this, I want to hear what you all think of underwater combat, possibly cities, races, lore, etc.

Do you have any ideas for underwater dynamic events?

How do you think underwater content will affect WvWvW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post

How do you think underwater content will affect WvWvW?
    less diversity in what you can do, less robust but offset by the fact that you can maneuver enemies more (including up and down). tbh i dont think there will be many (if any) underwater ares in wvw
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I think all WvWvW takes place in the Mists anyway. It's not like you are going out to Southshore, Crossroads or Shimmersand and 'pvp happens!'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think all WvWvW takes place in the Mists anyway. It's not like you are going out to Southshore, Crossroads or Shimmersand and 'pvp happens!'
    the mists still has water *points to fissure of woe's beach*
    The Original Ganksta

Ah yea. I guess there might be a map with deeper water. The over head map I seen of WvWvW looked to have shallow water in the lower half. Obvs. nothing concrete other than impression.

Deleted
    Ah yea. I guess there might be a map with deeper water. The over head map I seen of WvWvW looked to have shallow water in the lower half. Obvs. nothing concrete other than impression.
    Well, they were talking about (in the PvP interview) having underwater cave entrance to one of the keeps, which means it has to be decently deep water

10+ Year Old Account
    while there is proof that "water" (or something like it) exists in the mists (the mists in general, not specifically the pvp maps that we get to play in) i still do doubt that significant parts of wvwvw will have it
    The Original Ganksta

They've already talked about keeps with underwater entrances, so yes WvWvW will have underwater combat. Besides, that map we've seen for WvWvW is about 1/3rd of one map out of four, for all we know one of the maps could have a giant lake with a fort in the middle.