Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koudbiertje View Post
    Batman would beat doom in 1v1. The only weakness batman has is he doesn't kill. He keeps defeating doom untill doom kills him.
    While it is true that batman never "directly" kills, he isn't above making a villain kill themselves through a trap or a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Batman with a green lantern ring would probably be capable of raping the shit out of anyone short of Dr. Manhattan lol.
    Doctor Manhattan isn't that tough, in DC or Marvel. His main thing is just molecular manipulation, and there's a lot of characters from both settings that can work around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'ma go with doctor doom.

No matter how good your gadgets are, they don't work if they just get magicked away.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now this is a fun one. Both brilliant men with untold fortunes and toys. It's been said that Reed's weakness, compared to Doom, is his inability to abstract enough to comprehend magic. I don't think Batman would have this issue. Batman may not be trained in the use of magic, but I'm sure he could figure out how to work around it easy enough.

Doom and Batman are both deep, long term planning types. I'd like to say Batman, because he's the goddamn Batman, but I think it'd be a close call. Sit them down for a game of Chess and there's your answer.

---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Doctor Manhattan isn't that tough, in DC or Marvel. His main thing is just molecular manipulation, and there's a lot of characters from both settings that can work around that.
    And, you know, perceiving his own timeline in it's entirety simultaneously.

I think another good poll would be Batman vs Ozymandias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    Now this is a fun one. Both brilliant men with untold fortunes and toys. It's been said that Reed's weakness, compared to Doom, is his inability to abstract enough to comprehend magic. I don't think Batman would have this issue. Batman may not be trained in the use of magic, but I'm sure he could figure out how to work around it easy enough.

Doom and Batman are both deep, long term planning types. I'd like to say Batman, because he's the goddamn Batman, but I think it'd be a close call. Sit them down for a game of Chess and there's your answer.

---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 08:39 PM ----------

And, you know, perceiving his own timeline in it's entirety simultaneously.

I think another good poll would be Batman vs Ozymandias.
    Partial omniscience isn't directly a combat power, and wouldn't help him out against a cosmic 100+ level being.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    PFT easy, Batman would find a way to win. In fact Batman could also kick Goku and Superman's asses too.
    Kamehameha to the face and a billion rezzes from magic ball dragon. Goku wins <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Kamehameha to the face and a billion rezzes from magic ball dragon. Goku wins <3
    Pft; by the time Goku finally yelled enough and stood still an entire episode preparing the Kamehameha, Batman would be thousands of miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Pft; by the time Goku finally yelled enough and stood still an entire episode preparing the Kamehameha, Batman would be thousands of miles away.
    When you have energy blasts that move faster than light, and are capable of blowing up planets with no charge-up time, being thousands of miles away seems rather insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    When you have energy blasts that move faster than light, and are capable of blowing up planets with no charge-up time, being thousands of miles away seems rather insignificant.
    superman has called Batman the most dangerous man in the universe.

Batman, in preparation for the fight, would covertly travel around the galaxy collecting every dragon ball from every world that had them, then he would wish rape the shit out of goku.
    boom.

Batman will just use his anti-doctor doom magnetic spray that he kept for just this occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    superman has called Batman the most dangerous man in the universe.

Batman, in preparation for the fight, would covertly travel around the galaxy collecting every dragon ball from every world that had them, then he would wish rape the shit out of goku.
    boom.
    SS4 is more powerful than the Black Star Dragonballs, and has the power to undo their wishes, and they're the most powerful version of the Dragonballs. There are only 3 sets of Dragonballs in the universe. 2 Are kept in Kami's Lookout, and are guarded by Piccolo and MR. Popo day and night, (MR. Popo's power level is over 1000, Batman wouldn't be able to touch him in a straight up fight) stealing them unnoticed would be virtually impossible, as even a weak human would be noticed. There's a reason Goku ran into Emperor Pilaf when Pilaf was trying to steal the Black Star Dragonballs. And considerng that last incident, Goku's probably be more careful about it.

Using the Namekian Dragonballs would likely be even more impossible. To acquire them, (unless you want to try stealing from a race of super warriors that can sense power levels and guard these things religiously) you need to go through a series of trials that test your strength and character. They would find out Batman's purpose for getting the Dragonballs, (mind readers) and considering Goku is a hero to their race, they'd be not very happy about that.

If Superman called Batman the most dangerous man in the universe, he's an idiot. Batman's not nearly as dangerous as semi-omnipotent beings like The Specter, or villains like Darkseid. Then there's Superman Prime, anyone that says Batman is more dangerous has no clue what they're talking about.

Also, end of GT, Shenron takes the Dragonballs with him. So if we're going by that, not viable at all. The very idea of Batman beating Goku is just ridiculous. Kid Goku at the start of Dragonball would be a much better fight for Batman, and he could still potentially lose that fight if he wasn't careful. After Goku trains under Master Roshi, there'd be virtually no way to kill him. Any post King-Kai training version of Goku can blow up planets. Once Goku learns the instant transmission he can nullify the effects of death by just teleporting back into our dimension.

Batman might lose a battle but he always wins everything. L2 comic newbs clearly the only thing overpowered in this post is batman...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Batman might lose a battle but he always wins everything. L2 comic newbs clearly the only thing overpowered in this post is batman...
    This is somewhat true of Dr. Doom as well, in the Marvel universe. The only thing stopping him, from a writer's perspective, is that he's a villain, so they can't make him win every time. But he's very similar to Batman in a lot of ways, including the fact that he's smarter than anyone writing his stories, and therefore they give him quite a lot of leeway in terms of what he's able to come up with and what he's capable of. Similar to Batman.

That said, relative intellect is a hard thing to gauge, maybe harder than raw strength/power. That's one of the reasons I thought this would be an interesting match-up, especially if you give each combatant a few days worth of prep time.
    Last edited by MissCleo; 2012-02-09 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman wouldn't kill Doom, but would defeat him in a fight

15+ Year Old Account
    In a first time encounter, Doom wins.

HOWEVER...

In a SECOND time encounter, Batman wins. As proven in the Tower of Babel series, Batman is at supergenius level when it comes to combat strategy. He can devise a plan to defeat even the most powerful of superheroes (as well as villains, as he has stood ground versus Lex Luthor, Darkseid, and Sinestro). He had plans on how to neutralize Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and I am sure he knows how to go toe to toe against the other powerful DC universe heroes such as Captain Marvel (Shazam).

While Doom is far superior to Batman in overall intelligence level (his genius could only be matched in the DC universe by probably Lex Luthor), when it comes to combat strategy Batman would have the upper hand due more in part to Doom's greatest weakness of all...his ego. Doom is the ultimate definition of an egomaniac, depicted best in Fantastic Four #500, when Reed Richards is able to turn Doom's ego against him by showing Mephisto (whom Doom had gained his incredibly ehightened magical prowess from) that Doom held himself in higher regard of power. Mephisto then double-crossed Doom and sent him (literally) to Hell as punishment.

Also, if we're talking Justice League Batman, that dude can beat ANYONE. Like, I swear, JLA Batman could face off against Sargeras and come out on top.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna say random encounter, Dr. Doom will win. If Batman gets his prep time and whatever and learns everything about Doom, then Batman would probably be able to take him.

Deleted
    Dr. Doom !!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    ill go with bat man

since i know nothing of dr doom

Batman for sure, Doom is one of the lamest villains of all time. How sad do you have to be to keep losing to the fantastic four, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    ...I swear, JLA Batman could face off against Sargeras and come out on top.

Now I really want to see this match-up!