Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

NEW Rewards for using the Free craracter transfers

Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

The response to the Free Character Transfer Service so far has been fantastic. Hundreds of thousands of players have already taken advantage of this free service to move their characters to new servers where it’s easier to find groups and play with friends. This initial service is still available and allows qualifying characters to be transferred at no charge from selected origin servers to selected destination servers.

In appreciation for the community’s support of the Free Character Transfer service, we are giving all characters on qualifying servers (including all destination servers) an in-game pet, the Gannifari, and 25 Black Hole Commendations to help purchase high level gear. Visit www.swtor.com/transfer for a list of qualifying servers.

If you haven’t moved your characters yet, it’s not too late. Transfer now to receive these in-game rewards!
    IN-GAME REWARDS*

THE GANNIFARI
    Endearing and curious, the Gannifari makes a great sidekick!

25 BLACK HOLE COMMENDATIONS
    Intimidate enemies equipped in high level gear purchased with these commendations!

Both rewards are granted to any character that meets the following criteria:

Your character(s) must be on a qualifying server (which includes destination servers) and your account must be active by July 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM CDT / July 31, 2012 at 4:59AM GMT.
    Your account must not be banned.

If you do not have a character on a qualifying server by July 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM CDT / July 31, 2012 at 4:59AM GMT, then you will not receive any rewards. The rewards will be sent via in-game mail by August 7, 2012 at 11:59PM CDT / August 8, 2012 at 4:59AM GMT.

To start the character transfer process, login to your account, click My Account and then click ‘Character Transfer’ in the left hand menu. From there you will be able to select “Start a Character Transfer” to see if you have any characters eligible for transfer to pre-selected serves.

For more information on this program, please visit our Character Transfer FAQ and be sure to look at all the eligible origin, destination and reward qualifying servers at www.swtor.com/transfer.

You can also keep up to date on the latest news and updates about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ by visiting www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com as well as joining us on Twitter and Facebook.

*FOR ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) AS OF JULY 30, 2012 AT 11:59PM CDT / JULY 31, 2012 AT 4:59AM GMT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. VALID FOR ALL ELIGIBLE ACTIVE SWTOR ACCOUNTS. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. VIRTUAL ITEMS ONLY. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER CHARACTER. ITEMS WILL BE APPLIED IN-GAME TO THE USER’S CHARACTER.

right on bioware this is good news

Link for people: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120705

I'm not happy about the pet though... I want it but I can't have it because I just happened to be put on a server that ended up being a destination server?

Just reread... they said characters on destination servers will get them too... which makes it seem like if you were already on a destination server then you should get the bonuses. \o/

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome news. Even though I'm not much of a pet collector, I love the coms.

Yay moar goodies!

I can add this to the pile of free swag bioware hands out to us on a seemingly regular basis! <3
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Its pretty much the same route Blizz took when they rolled out battle.net IDs. "Sign up for the ID and get a cool Penguin Pet!" (And yes, for the record, I did sign up for a battle.net ID because I thought it would be cool to have a penguin pet).

I took advantage of the transfers, because I wanted to be on a busy server. That was a huge reward in and of itself. This is icing on the cake, to me.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Well at least I wasn't the only one who failed at reading comprehension today

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Hello again!

There still seems to be some confusion. If your server was a destination server, like Prophecy of the Five for example, you will still receive the rewards even if you did not transfer characters.

Check to see if your server is qualified for rewards here.

Thanks!

(Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay more commendations... I should break 300 now!

Yay, more free pets! I love free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, cool, I can deck out my companions a bit better at that point. :P
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Impressive. Most impressive...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

It makes me sad for the community that Bioware keeps on throwing huge amounts of free stuff at us, and yet people continue to bitch and bitch and bitch. Is the game perfect? Obviously not, but seriously they are doing a hell of a lot better than Blizzard ever did.

Have they closed some transfers? I don't see either of my original servers (Tarro Blood and Anchorhead) as being eligible on that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    So to clarify as I transferred on like day 1 of the service i will be able to get the pet and commendations?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    So to clarify as I transferred on like day 1 of the service i will be able to get the pet and commendations?
    Yes

Anyone involved in the transfer process, whether they transferred or were on a destination realm, is eligible for the rewards.

The only people that are not are the ones that stayed on their dead servers.

Further clarification:

Originally Posted by Rafaman: Thanks for the clarification. What if you are on an Origin server that for some reason is not listed as a qualifying server like Vornskr? Are you still eligible? I have just finished transferring my remaining toons and would love the reward.

Your destination server (The Harbinger) is on the qualifying list. You will receive rewards based on the destination

And, yes, those of you already on destination servers (those who were already there AND those who already transferred) also get the reward.

(Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Further clarification:

Originally Posted by Rafaman: Thanks for the clarification. What if you are on an Origin server that for some reason is not listed as a qualifying server like Vornskr? Are you still eligible? I have just finished transferring my remaining toons and would love the reward.

Your destination server (The Harbinger) is on the qualifying list. You will receive rewards based on the destination

And, yes, those of you already on destination servers (those who were already there AND those who already transferred) also get the reward.

(Source)
    Pretty much the way I interpreted it, and they seem to be supporting it, is the "qualifying servers" for the rewards are the destination servers. If you have toons on the destination servers on July 30th, regardless of how they got there, those toons will receive the rewards. If your toon is not on the destination server, well, it's your own fault for not transfering.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Pretty much the way I interpreted it, and they seem to be supporting it, is the "qualifying servers" for the rewards are the destination servers. If you have toons on the destination servers on July 30th, regardless of how they got there, those toons will receive the rewards. If your toon is not on the destination server, well, it's your own fault for not transfering.
    It's attempt number 2 at saying 'Hey stupid, get off the dead servers'. The first attempt being: 'Here's free character transfers'
    This time they are handing out candy. They might go so far as handing out more candy and free game time. I have been heavily impressed at their willingness to give us perks. I hope this is something that is continued regardless of community bitching.

Free stuff is always awesome. I don't need to have a debate that a new cuddly = 'the game is dying'...I'm simply going to enjoy my free fuzzy friend and hope they add the zombie taun taun one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This time they are handing out candy.
    You have no idea how much this just made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Free stuff is always awesome. I don't need to have a debate that a new cuddly = 'the game is dying'...I'm simply going to enjoy my free fuzzy friend and hope they add the zombie taun taun one day.
    I rate it about the same as "X store has the game on sale, it must be dying." By that line of reasoning, Blizz itself has WoW on sale for $10, game must be dying.

Just noticed that there is a Transfer Rewards FAQ - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5449

Seems like they did a pretty good job of anticipating likely questions... though there is always the problem that no one reads FAQ's

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    People barely read as it is.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".