Thread: Movement...?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Movement...?

I've read quite a bit of the information posted here as well as other sites/forums. However a very simple question has yet to be asked/answered from what I've seen- How do you move in GW2? Is it a Click-to-Move or will it be WASD? I've demo'd GW1, twice actually, and one thing I had an issue with was Click to Move. It's very well possible that I did miss something seeing as both times was maybe an hour each, at best....simply because I don't like CtM.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

WASD and of course the option to Keybind.

Not too sure on click to move - someone probably knows

10+ Year Old Account
    Good good, I was hoping for WASD

Deleted
    Imo if you had to ask this, you clearly havent read up on the game enough, i suggest you go and read every sticky on the top of the gw2 forums and then also read the Q&A on http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Imo if you had to ask this, you clearly havent read up on the game enough, i suggest you go and read every sticky on the top of the gw2 forums and then also read the Q&A on http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/
    I've done that and, in fact, tried again before posting a thread. Please figure out where it says that, provide a link and let me know how long it took to find it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquephyre View Post
    I've done that and, in fact, tried again before posting a thread. Please figure out where it says that, provide a link and let me know how long it took to find it
    I can just say this insteed, since they have said and shown in videos how you can roll/dodge out of the way of spells, its quite self explanatory that it wouldent be a Click-to-Move game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltentank19 View Post
    You must be one dumb mother fucker.. Takes 2 seconds to find out how you move simply look up gameplay on youtube.
    No need to insult the guy/girl with your answer.

Click-to-move is a very old mechanic and wouldn't be used in 3D MMO's which boast to be next-gen. Even in guild wars 1 you can turn it off... I highly doubt there will be click-to-move, it just doesn't fit the game. Its like having a shooter be click to move.....

GW1 has WASD options too, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    GW1 has WASD options too, no?
    By default its WASD, you can use click-to-move if you want, but you can turn it on/off in the options... same with WoW. Not a lot of people know this but you can click-to-move in WoW with an option.

15+ Year Old Account
    I definitely remember a video or interview where someone (pretty sure it was Colin Johanson) said that click-to-move was not going to be in GW2; it was a very deliberate decision because of how much movement and especially positioning now plays a part in combat.

*logs on GW1*
    *Presses W*
    *moves forward*
    o.o

GW1 has click to move, but can be turned off and you can use WASD. GW2 has no click to move and uses WASD.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    GW1 has click to move, but can be turned off and you can use WASD. GW2 has no click to move and uses WASD.
    Click to move is on by default, WASD is on by default. You can't even turn off WASD unless you go through the options and specifically unbind "move forward", unbind "move backwards" and so on.

Will I be able to run with my mouse? Normally I run with my mouse and fire off hot keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Will I be able to run with my mouse? Normally I run with my mouse and fire off hot keys.
    You can do so in GW1, i don't see why you wouldn't be able to in GW2.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

15+ Year Old Account
    Do people who move with WASD get mad if you call them keyboard turners? How else do you move when you gotta use mouse to click skills?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    Do people who move with WASD get mad if you call them keyboard turners? How else do you move when you gotta use mouse to click skills?!
    You don't have to use the mouse to click skills you know, buttons 1-5 are well within your hands range, and you can rebind skills 6-10 to other buttons.
    Such as the extra buttons on my razer mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    You don't have to use the mouse to click skills you know, buttons 1-5 are well within your hands range, and you can rebind skills 6-10 to other buttons.
    Such as the extra buttons on my razer mouse.
    (I think it was sarcasm.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    (I think it was sarcasm.)
    It's still early in the morning...:P