Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

The best way to farm lovely charms.

I think I may have found the best way to farm the lovely charms for some classes. If your class has a pet then you can go to the Halls of Lightning, go to where the slags are and just go afk in the middle of the room. The pet will kill them and you will still the charms for example im doing it with a 85 hunter in BM so I get spirit bond which always heals me so I never go below 90% health it also helps if your pet can AoE like the chimaera pet for hunters. Hope this helps some people in getting the mount or other achievements.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unstable Corruption in Throne of the Tides. You can farm 500/hour easily.

Or the gauntlet in Throne of Tides <3 or by Mor'drethar the Dread Gate

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an FYI blizzard probably has representitives that read these forums so you might want to keep quiet about these things befor they catch wind and nerfit like they did the year everyone went nuts about Stratholm farming them ask the question sure but best to reply with a prvt message imo

Quote Originally Posted by killaford View Post
    Just an FYI blizzard probably has representitives that read these forums so you might want to keep quiet about these things befor they catch wind and nerfit like they did the year everyone went nuts about Stratholm farming them ask the question sure but best to reply with a prvt message imo
    I'm sure blizzard knows every way to farm these, its not hard to find in fansites or to check their own logs.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    No need to be so paranoid. I am sure that Blizzard can easily discover from server loot logs where and how those who amass a large number of charms did so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to do the HoL farm in the slag area. Worked pretty well

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Or the gauntlet in Throne of Tides <3 or by Mor'drethar the Dread Gate
    you can do this in normal?

Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    you can do this in normal?
    Yeah, thats another way you can do it too, you can do it on normal.

I went to the camp near the Argent tournament. The one you go to for the dailies where you release the prisoners. Lot's of mobs there and fast re-spawns also.

I will give it a try, hope that works well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently farming the Slags in HoL and I'm getting tons of Grisly Trophies, over 100 while I've been in here for a few minutes.. But not a single charm. Do Charms and Trophies not drop simultaneously or did we see a fix?

Do you have your lovely charm collector's kit in your bags?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collinius View Post
    Do you have your lovely charm collector's kit in your bags?
    Indeed I do. I've triple checked to make sure it was still there while farming.

Odd, I'm in the slag area right now and getting trophies and charms almost each kill.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Unstable Corruption in Throne of the Tides. You can farm 500/hour easily.
    Like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I'm currently farming the Slags in HoL and I'm getting tons of Grisly Trophies, over 100 while I've been in here for a few minutes.. But not a single charm. Do Charms and Trophies not drop simultaneously or did we see a fix?
    yeah if you have the DMF quest to get the trophies you wont see the charms drop at all so u better off abandoning the quest

My lock is parked there right now as I'm typing this, with my Felguard cleaving down spawns. It's ridiculously efficient because I don't actually have to DO anything.

There's a bug with the grisly trophies and charms, where some people can't get the charms while they're gathering trophies... but it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. Nobody seems to know why, or what's triggering it yet.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collinius View Post
    Odd, I'm in the slag area right now and getting trophies and charms almost each kill.
    Interesting. Now that I've cleared the 250 Trophies, it's dropping charms now. Not sure what was up with that.