Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Under-Level But No Missions...

Basically i'm currently lvl 42 (BH) and just completed Belsavis, however my next planet is Voss which states the suggested lvl is 44. Now I can quest on Voss despite missions being orange and mobs pretty tough. I can't help but feel I have missed a Bonus Series somewhere... Currently the only planets I never received a bonus series from are Alderaan, Quesh, Hoth & Belsavis.

You can't get the Belsavis bonus til either 47 or 48.

Deleted
    Alderaan is lvl40 bonus series. Hoth is around 46

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I don't get this. I am just power levelling a tank to 50 without doing group quests, no pvp, and no space missions and I am 49 and in Corellia. Voss can easily be started at 42. I started it at 42-43 in fact. In Voss you can do the bonus series, and after that the Hoth bonus series pop up. Voss is enormous by the way and a lot of levels can be gained there. Same with Corellia.

EDIT: I never did Alderaan bonus series, but seems to me that is where you should head first, and then Voss.

Deleted
    I think that the bonus series for Alderaan is 40+ and, if I remember correctly, you get this one from some Sith on the Imperial Fleet.

Deleted
    Odd how it never sent me to Alderaan at 40

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Odd how it never sent me to Alderaan at 40
    Yeah for some reason it doesnt unless you explore the fleet regularly, had the same problem.
    They are even disguised as level 37 quests, so you might even ignore them when you find them at 42.
    They turn 40+ soon enough though.

I had to do a flashpoint too to catch up again as well, funny how there are so few quests in the 40s range but you cant finish corelia if you go there at 47

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Yeah for some reason it doesnt unless you explore the fleet regularly, had the same problem.
    They are even disguised as level 37 quests, so you might even ignore them when you find them at 42.
    They turn 40+ soon enough though.

I had to do a flashpoint too to catch up again as well, funny how there are so few quests in the 40s range but you cant finish corelia if you go there at 47
    Cheers shall go look!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Basically i'm currently lvl 42 (BH) and just completed Belsavis, however my next planet is Voss which states the suggested lvl is 44. Now I can quest on Voss despite missions being orange and mobs pretty tough. I can't help but feel I have missed a Bonus Series somewhere... Currently the only planets I never received a bonus series from are Alderaan, Quesh, Hoth & Belsavis.
    I had the same thing happen to me on my Commando. Since they are mirror classes, they are relatively similar. On my JG, I started Belsavis before the recommended level, with no rested, and had a ton of quests that brought me to almost 45. As a Commando, I started Belsavis 3/4 level after I should have, with rested, and finished at level 43.5.

I'm not sure for the reason behind the difference, but there are considerably fewer quests on Belsavis for Commandos than there are for Jedis. I found it odd, but I went ahead and moved on to Voss at 43.5.

I would like to point out that if u get the message " You must complete missions before you do this "
    it means your quest log is full. I know it sounds stupid but MANY people i know ever since beta suffered from this.
    ALso , there is NOT a chance your class quest doesnt redirect you to other planets!

Secondary option: Grind out some Experience from the Space Missions (I know, boring/repetative) or do some PvP (I like PvP in TOR much more than PvP in WoW). The last one, as Deaf said, is to do a couple of FPs. It'll get you ready for the hard modes at 50, give some decent experience, and give you some good gear.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

If you finished Belsavis at 42, you either missed more than one bonus series, a quest chain somewhere, or possibly a whole planet. I keep seeing people asking if they're too low for a planet. I go to look at their level, and they're like 2 levels (or better) too low. Some people, particularly at the first class quest split after Dromund Kaas/Coruscant, go to the wrong planet first and wonder why they're too low for it or actually finish it and wonder why the other planet is green to them. Guess a lot of people somehow don't see the level range of the planets listed on the space travel screen. >.> Many also just do the class quests on a planet and hope that keeps them at the proper level as they go and it won't. In regards to missing quest chains, I know when I first did Belsavis, I somehow went from the southern part of the zone to the northern part and ended up doing quests out of order. Think I used one of the Rakata Transporters and got myself turned around. Ended up doing an area quest in the north followed by the imprisioned Rakata's quest chain before I returned to the south, only to curse when I had to go back north for another quest series later. I'm shocked I finished the planet at like level 45 or something at the time. So not unlikely to miss quest chains. It's also easy to miss bonus series if you don't go back to the fleet on a regular basis. Some bonus series have bread crumb quests on planets, some bread crumbs are at the fleet. I know I found the Nar Shaddaa and Alderaan bonus series bread crumbs at the Empire Fleet. Couldn't find the Nar Shaddaa bread crumb for the Republic at the fleet, though, so had to go there myself. Sitting on that series until I finish Alderaan.

I'm working on leveling alts through the game now (already got a sith marauder to 50). So far, I'm finishing up Tatooine at level 30 or 31 depending if they were 26 or 27 when they started Tatooine. Since I'm alternating leveling 7 alts, they're always rested. In general, my leveling route seems to be about:
    Hutta/Korriban/Ord Mantell/Tython - 1-10
    Black Talon/Esseles - 10-11
    Dromund Kaas/Corsucant - 11-16
    Space Missions - 16-17
    Balmorra/Taris - 17-20
    Balmorra/Taris Bonus Series - 20-22 (sometimes to 23)
    Space Missions - 22-23 (if not 23 from Balmorra/Taris Bonus Series)
    Nar Shaddaa - 23-26
    Space Missions - 26-27 (depending if missions will boost me to 27 in one go, otherwise skip)
    Tatooine - 26-28
    Tatooine Bonus Series - 28-30 (sometimes to 31)
    Space Missions - 30-31 (if not 31 from Tatooine Bonus Series)
    Alderaan - 31-34
    Nar Shadda Bonus Series (34-35) (unlocks at level 28, but meh)
    Taris/Balmorra (35-38)
    Taris/Balmorra Bonus Series (38-39)
    Quesh (39-40)
    Hoth (40-42)
    Alderaan Bonus Series (42-43)
    Belsavis (43-46)
    Hoth Bonus Series (46-47)
    Belsavis Bonus Series (47-48)
    Voss (48-50)
    Voss Bonus Series (50)
    Corellia (50)
    This is about what I expect for my alts anyway. May do the Belsavis Bonus Series after the Voss Bonus Series. So far, the list is true for my alts up to the end of Tatooine. Rest is based on what I remember leveling from my marauder. I can see hitting 50 on Voss, but the rest of my levels may be a bit off. Granted, nothing some space missions won't fix.

Since I leveled my marauder back in December, I don't remember her leveling curve, but I know I hit 49 on Voss with her with no rested xp while doing the bonus series. Hit 50 like halfway through Corellia. I tend to do a lot of space missions but usually only if the quests are enough to get me to the next level in one go. You can swap out space missions for PvP or flashpoints. I also tend to prefer leveling off green quests. Saves me on down time for the alts that currently don't have healers. Fewer deaths. Now that I'm leveling alts, I'm more willing to do take a few days to do space missions to get them to a certain level before starting the next planet. On my warrior, I was itching to get to 50 so often went from planet to planet skipping space missions and PvP, then cursing when I kept dying on various quests. I have an adversion to leveling off orange quests if I can avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow interesting. The only bonus series Ive done was Balmorra and Im still ahead of the game in every planet I go to. I just started in Voss and Im level 47 which is supposed to be the last level for the planet. Granted I PvP, FP's and do Heroic quests.

Between space mission, flashpoints, and heroics, it's hard to not *over level* the content to the point where quests start to turn grey before you can do them.

In general, if you are unaware of the planet order, simply look at the commo vendors on the fleet ... they are in progression of the planets from left to right. Just open the map and turn on vendors and you can mouse over to know the order.

So far it appears that missions drop to gray around 5 levels, but that maybe different based upon how low or high in the progression to 50 you are.

Also of Note: Belsavis seems to be "short" on missions experience. I think both of my chars lost around 1.5 levels of progression. ie: went in 3.5ish levels ahead, came out 2ish levels ... went in 2ish levels ahead, came out less then 1 level ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Wow interesting. The only bonus series Ive done was Balmorra and Im still ahead of the game in every planet I go to. I just started in Voss and Im level 47 which is supposed to be the last level for the planet. Granted I PvP, FP's and do Heroic quests.
    Those help a lot with the experience. I have one alt who does the pvp daily every day, the daily mission, and tries to do the heroic quests (probably the most difficult one to get groups for) and that alt is a good 7 levels above the leveling curve. Plus a few space missions for a complete gameplay diversion.

Deleted
    The only quests I ever skipped was heroic missions

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only quests I ever skipped was heroic missions
    Heroic's are repeatable, worth a lot of credits/XP for the level, you get a bonus to xp and possible loot drops while in a group, and the gear rewards for heroics are usually stellar for the level. Why skip them? If you take 2-3 days per planet, that means you can do each of these quests 2-3 times before moving on, getting great gear upgrades, or at least 3 commendations.

Heroics are what pushed me 4 levels above where I need to be at any give time. Makes leveling on a planet far easier, and quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    Heroic's are repeatable, worth a lot of credits/XP for the level, you get a bonus to xp and possible loot drops while in a group, and the gear rewards for heroics are usually stellar for the level. Why skip them? If you take 2-3 days per planet, that means you can do each of these quests 2-3 times before moving on, getting great gear upgrades, or at least 3 commendations.

Heroics are what pushed me 4 levels above where I need to be at any give time. Makes leveling on a planet far easier, and quicker.
    If you can get the group for them...

Granted, heroic 2+ quests are most of the time soloable if you are geared properly and use the right companion, but finding group for heroic 4 quests can be pain, especially the bonus series ones, as there are way less people doing those.

There was also heroic 4 quest on nar shaddaa (rep side) during bonus series, was pretty far off the beaten path and the only way (I found) to get to it was through elevator that was guarded by 50 imperial champion droid, I basically died instantly and during the stealth afterwards, I was able to activate the elevator before it engaged me

Also of Note: Belsavis seems to be "short" on missions experience. I think both of my chars lost around 1.5 levels of progression. ie: went in 3.5ish levels ahead, came out 2ish levels ... went in 2ish levels ahead, came out less then 1 level ahead.
    This is true aswell, all three chracters I had on Belsavis lost the few leveĺ advantage I had from planets before, most notably my Shadow. I think I barely made 2 levels, while I did even majority of heroics. But it is possible I havent found one rep questhub or whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you skipped 2-man quests as a class that can easily solo them on both ACs. You didn't bother to find one other person of pretty much any class to do 4-mans with you (granted, many facerollers refuse to 2-man them). So you fell behind.
    I always do the opposite and on every single planet I start skipping stuff near the end because I simply overlevel it.

Tip for the future: don't go to a planet you are not in level range for, ever, and you will never fall several levels behind.
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP for a level. Just as fast as grinding one if you're a competent pvper.

I used pvp to always stay ahead of a planet by a level.