Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Persuade my girlfriend to play Guild Wars 2 with me!

I've been pestering my girlfriend to try out guild wars 2. She keeps saying that she "doesn't like how you control it".

She usually plays a game called dofus, which is a turn based side scroll MMO but I want her to get into Guild Wars 2 when it comes out. I've been asking her over and over, shown her videos, pictures and even Asura, which she thinks are cute, but she just won't consider trying it. ):

So please, help me persuade her!

Deleted
    OH yea like a bunch of random people on the internet will make her change her mind, not likely just throw every sticky there is on her

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    OH yea like a bunch of random people on the internet will make her change her mind, not likely just throw every sticky there is on her
    Her face when she read that was priceless. Think she got the wrong end of the stick. aha.

Show her Charr! Then shell play it! :P
    In general if she doesnt like how you control it... then dont force her. Once you have the game let her try it a bit. Shell get SUCKED into it .

@DiamondDust: They wont, but can give some advices that might help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    just throw every sticky there is on her

In all seriousness though, without knowing her we don't really know what would sway her one way or the other. Best thing to do is what DiamondDust said and have her read through the mass info thread or something. Show her some play videos. I wasn't all that interested in GW2 before I saw that info thread either, to be honest. Started reading through it, liked what I saw, decided to keep reading... was not disappointed. It got me from zero to excited in no time.
    Last edited by MissCleo; 2012-02-06 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Her face when she read that was priceless. Think she got the wrong end of the stick. aha.
    Thats what you have been doing wrong the whole time, make sure you feed her the right end of the stick!

Deleted
    Maybe make some kind of trade-off, she'll give it a test for a week and you'll in turn do more household chores in that time. Could potentially make you both happy and might be a rather efficient way to get her to give it a try.

When the game comes out, you'll most likely buy it right? Simple, let her try it out when you have it. If she doesn't like it, okay, back to her other MMO. In the meantime, stop pestering her about this shit.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-06 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    When the game comes out, you'll most likely will buy it right? Simple, let her try it out when you have it. If she doesn't like it, okay, back to her other MMO. In the meantime, stop pestering her about this shit.
    Pretty much this. From everything I've seen/heard, people get the most excited when they actually sit down and play the game. All the writeups and videos in the world can't accurately convey the experience of playing it. Just let her sit down and mess around with it for an hour or two. If she likes it, great! If she doesn't like it, there's nothing you can really do about it.

easy: let her try out townclothes and the dye-system. Let her be creative

and then show her these cuties:

10+ Year Old Account
    As Maarius has said, just show her all the dresses. My girlfriend was already going to play, but showing her just the simple dresses has got her a bit more excited.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Tell her that it'll get her out of the kitchen every now and again until you need another sandwich.

Show her some of the costumes you can get and all the races, if she doesn't bite. Well then you'll just have to wait till beta and hope you get in, then let her try it. Nobody get really force her to play.

Show her the videos of gameplay & such, character customization, tell her how her choices will affect her personal story. Most importantly, either when beta comes or the game is out, let her sit down and play for a bit and decide for herself. She may like it, or she may not. I have a close friend that plays games like wakfu (and maplestory, ergh), and when I tried to get her to play guild wars back in the day she couldn't cause 3d-ish stuff gives her headaches. >_< Was bummed since that was the one close friend that I might have been able to get to play.

As a girl I kind of get offended when I always see 'show her all the pretty shiny dresses' comments in these threads, but oh well. :P Its the gameplay that is important. (on the other hand I have 6 sets of prestige armor on my Necro and finally giving in and getting fissure of woe armor soon. :/ I have no room to talk.)

Also, if she ends up not liking it, and you still want something to play together keep an eye on Torchlight 2 when it comes out. Diablo-ish without the hefty price tag. (and the original was quite fun!)

Also just a small bit of advice, many guys get into things in a way where your over enthusiasm quickly becomes, "too much". Not just with games. Obviously some guys are way into sports, micro brews or whatever. But the point is to relax a little- it's not a mission. Surefire way to turn your GF/wife off from these games is to be on about this stuff all the time. Ease up a little and we [ladies] are more receptive to trying out your hobbies/past times ourselves.

Deleted
    why your gf should buy gw2 Well first of its more open world then the first and plays entirely different from other mmos in that there is no tank/healer 5 man dungeon shizzle instead you get make your own char with his/her own stats and skills and tackle a world based on blocking/dodging attacks etc we could say you should see as a massive coop game you can succed well on your own but its alot more fun with others. The game doesent cost monthly you pay once and you got the game abit like skyrim but mmo styled and you have storys etc. And the major part is ofc power over your bf just think about forcing him to play with you from the start of the game and making him do one of those elfs and since your not very intrested in it iam (sure) he could offer to buy your copy of the game and if its free and lets you toy around with your bf aswell as making him happy it cant do any harm to at least try it when it comes out right? who knows you might end up enjoying the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say just play it when the time comes and let her watch you play, she might take an interest in it after watching you, and who knows maybe she'll like it before you get a chance to play it once they start pushing out more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just show her the character creation on your account when the game is out. I know if I like what my character looks like I'll want to play as it more.

Refuse sex until she does what you want.

Wait fuck.. no don't do that.

Srs: Just show her the aesthetic customizations of the game. Or just don't say anything and have her discover the game for herself.

Do the same what I do with my Girlfriend.

Force her on a chair with PC with Guild Wars 2.

Tell her, you got 2 options now.

1) Play GW2 with me.

2) get away from me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Do the same what I do with my Girlfriend.

Force her on a chair with PC with Guild Wars 2.

Tell her, you got 2 options now.

1) Play GW2 with me.

2) get away from me.
    haha totally this!