Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really am amused by this thread. The only one with some sense is Fencers, and ironically, it's a girl. So what, dresses and colors and so will make her want to play a game? That's so simplistic, specially when her complain is the "controls". Just wait, let her try it out. There is no way to get someone play something without trying it, there is just a way to get someone TRY.

I tried to get my miss into wow big mistake! she now hogs the computer, i did buy her a computer for herself to play wow on. She broke that computer in a fit of nerd rage during a LFR when a 6k dps mage who went afk on pull won some loot lol.

Anyway she is always on my PC now and has hissy fits when i tell her to get off. Its ironic as it was the other way around before lol. I would do anything but get her into GW:2 mate.

Not gonna say you two will brake up but if you do and she is say running a guild with you or a tank/healer your stuffed.

Deleted
    To be honest we all know the best way, and maybe the only way to convince her to play it, is to actually let her try it out, we have established that is indeed the way to go. So well this turned into a fun joking thread insteed, dont see the wrong with that at all since yea the point of the thread have reached its purpose

Any mod feel free to correct me if im totally wrong, and should stop at once

Read up info on it, or just wait for the beta invites.
    If someone doesn't like the game, they won't play.
    Not like you should force it on someone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I've been pestering my girlfriend to try out guild wars 2. She keeps saying that she "doesn't like how you control it".

She usually plays a game called dofus, which is a turn based side scroll MMO but I want her to get into Guild Wars 2 when it comes out. I've been asking her over and over, shown her videos, pictures and even Asura, which she thinks are cute, but she just won't consider trying it. ):

So please, help me persuade her!
    If she doesn't like the controls and prefers the game dofus, even after show her videos and pictures, then why don't you let her play that?
    Maybe she'll like GW2 when she sees you playing it, maybe she won't. I'm sure you two have more in common than video games, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    I tried to get my miss into wow big mistake! she now hogs the computer, i did buy her a computer for herself to play wow on. She broke that computer in a fit of nerd rage during a LFR when a 6k dps mage who went afk on pull won some loot lol.

Anyway she is always on my PC now and has hissy fits when i tell her to get off. Its ironic as it was the other way around before lol. I would do anything but get her into GW:2 mate.

Not gonna say you two will brake up but if you do and she is say running a guild with you or a tank/healer your stuffed.
    Tbh, this doesn't sound like a healthy relationship mate.
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2012-02-06 at 09:35 PM.

Do what everyone else does to get their other half playing a game.

Neglect them.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post

Awesome responses guys, she's finding them amusing!

I did build her a PC just a few weeks ago. All she needs is a graphics card and it will be a decent gaming rig. I should be upgrading to the 600series when they're released and I'll give her mine then.

I will be showing her the game when its out for sure. Hopefully turn her and get her to like it. :P

Deleted
    I will be showing her the game when its out for sure. Hopefully turn her and get her to like it. :P
    Keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    If she doesn't like the controls and prefers the game dofus, even after show her videos and pictures, then why don't you let her play that?
    Maybe she'll like GW2 when she sees you playing it, maybe she won't. I'm sure you two have more in common than video games, right?

Tbh, this doesn't sound like a healthy relationship mate.
    lol its not as bad as it sounds, we get on really well its more of a jokey annoying argument type thing tbh. We don't really take warcraft that serious its only a game after all With that being said if i could go back and change things i would rather not have introduced her lol.

"Babe come to bet i got a surprise. (im naked you know the deal i wont go into details here)" She replys "give me a min dong an instance almost finished".... 4hs later i am sleeping she come into bed and wakes me up and says "what's the surprise".

It happens dont let her play! lol

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tell her she can play with me, Snow White!
    I'm the best princess ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    I really am amused by this thread. The only one with some sense is Fencers, and ironically, it's a girl. So what, dresses and colors and so will make her want to play a game? That's so simplistic, specially when her complain is the "controls". Just wait, let her try it out. There is no way to get someone play something without trying it, there is just a way to get someone TRY.

This.

OP: Stop nagging your girlfriend, if she doesn't want to try it, she doesn't want to try it! That hard to understand?
    Of course, she might come around and actually try it, but let her decide on that herself.
    How would you feel if she was bothering you every day to try out some game who you had absolutely 0 interest in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura, which she thinks are cute
    I like this girl!

It's also a good excuse to post this again:

quick question how is she gonna try it out when we dont even have a release date?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    quick question how is she gonna try it out when we dont even have a release date?
    Umm, once it releases?

My wife took one look at the opening of the Gamescom trailer and said it was one of the most beautiful things she'd ever seen (and heard). She watched the manifesto and said that it was going to be the best game ever. And now we're planning on buying a second pc so we can play it together lol.
    She's not even a gamer...played wow for a while but found it repetitive.
    So I'm a happy asura

But don't try to force her to like it mate, that's a surefire way to sour her to playing it. Get it, play it, if she likes it she'll prob play it too
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-02-07 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show her the videos, screenshots, interviews, etc. If she doesn't like it then, tough luck.

Show her how awesome it is come release day (buy CE to boot), and hog the computer for about a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Tell her you'll start making sandwiches for her once she starts playing GW2 .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    mass info thread ...

It got me from zero to excited in no time.
    This was me exactly.... i was remotely interested to try out the game and thought i'd read up on it, now I just wish i had a tardis!! T_T

Would it help your gf if i were to tell you I'm actually a girl and oddly enough i love playing dofus and play a Xelor!! Really? Thats a shame cause I lied :<

Tell her that if she wants to spend time with you, GW2 is where you'll be.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where's Mif with the obligatory cute Asura girls img?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven