Poll: VS

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Silent Hill vs Resident Evil

Which do you like better? From the 1990s to modern day, these two series have always been considered rivals yet people have different opinions. Some say Resident Evil has improved, but abandoned horror. Some say Silent Hill never dropped the horror, but lost it's touch.

Deleted
    Silent Hills
    Played once...
    Didndt touch my Ps1 for 2 weeks

Silent Hill!
    The games were awesome, the movie was decent as well!
    I don't like the RE games but the movies are awesome!

As much as I love Wesker, Silent Hill takes the -oh-god-jesus-what-the-fuck-is-that-thing-it-is-horribly-disgustingly-scary trophy.

Deleted
    Silent hill 1 and 2 (Rest of em are just crap)

All resident evil's. Although i didn't like RE5 story that much.

So i'd say resident evil

You can't compare them. Both are way different, tbh.
    Silent Hill is a psychologic horror interactive horror movie (which I love) and Resident Evil is survival horror.
    The difference is huge, in SIlent Hill it doesn't matter if you are a master of the controller, heck, on some parts you can completely ignore the monster, while in Resident Evil you need to get down the zombies quickly and you need to practice a bit (well, kind of).

The story in Silent Hill is much more relevant to keep track of. The story is the whole thing, actually. In Resident Evil the story is a background for all the zombie killing.

Now, my opinion is a little biased, but in their respective genres I like both games, and I had fun with both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both series are dead now.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Silent Hill!
    The games were awesome, the movie was decent as well!
    I don't like the RE games but the movies are awesome!
    I hope you are trolling about the resident evil part..

Haven't played SH, like RE alot

Deleted
    Silent hill for sure, I prefer the psychological scares the first 3 instalments gave you over the jumpy shocks of resi.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    The same way WoW is dead? Cuz I believe Resident Evil is coming out with another game.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

OMG silent hill 1 :O i remember playing that when i was like 12 and i shat mysen !! amazing game

Silent Hill was the first and only game I felt I was too young to play :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    The same way WoW is dead? Cuz I believe Resident Evil is coming out with another game.
    Really why bring up wow in a RE/SH thread jesus people cmon !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Why, yes, exactly the same way WoW is dead. The games went too far from their origin, lost their old fanbase but still pretty popular among the crowds and in the developer teams working on them hardly left any of the original staff. These games lost their souls. Well, like most of the gaming industry nowadays.

Anyway, starting ANY "versus" threads is a really really bad idea, not to mention comparing totally different franchises.

I wouldn't say they're dead.
    Remember the times when SH4 came out?
    Everyone was just loving to play Heather in SH3 and they were just dying to see another SH game.
    I pissed my pants when I first saw SH4 trailer, and I thought "oh well, 4 silent hill games, we're so done". But no, Homecoming was announced later, and so on and so forth.

Maybe SH series must end sometime, before they screw it up entirely.
    But I'll still wait for the makers of Silent Hill to come up with some other game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silent Hill 1 and RE 1 & 2 were the best.

RE series has become too cliched now and I have not touched one since RE4.

The new Silent Hill Downpour looks like it will be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    What? It's far too late to say that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtxW53dFhA8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    But I'll still wait for the makers of Silent Hill to come up with some other game.
    "Makers of Silent Hill" hadn't been involved in making of any "SH" game after the fourth. Publisher just gave the franchise to western developers to toy with its corpse.

Deleted
    it feels really hard to decide which one. i've played all Silent Hill games but the first one (meh, graphics) and played the whole Resident Evil series but the first original one (though i bought the gamecube remake, which was sweet), and i love both of them

the panic and terror when u hear Nemesis' theme disrupting the background music or the unpleasant feeling when the city's sirens turn Silent Hill into a cage of flesh and rusty metal. i love both series as much, so i say both

Silent Hill

Hands down
    That game makes me feel uncomfortable while playing it. Like something might actually come out of some evil parallel universe and kill me. Only other game that messed with my head that much was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

"Makers of Silent Hill" hadn't been involved in making of any "SH" game after the fourth. Publisher just gave the franchise to western developers to toy with its corpse.
    Noted.
    I don't claim SH games past 4 were THE BEST games ever though.
    Dunno about you, but I still love SH games and will continue to play them. Not because I'm loyal to Konami or to Yamaoka. But because I still love the games.
    I find silly to not play them just because the original makers aren't there.
    Maybe I'm just optimist.