Space Mission: Hydian Way Blockade -- Tips?

I am having a heck of a time trying to complete the Hydian Way Blockade Space mission. I have all level five upgrades, and can get most of the mission done (only 3/4 heavy fighters), but I simply cannot kill the mine layer in time. I usually get one engine and that's it. I'm launching five missiles at a time, and I have the power gen on max firepower, blasting away at the yellow circles.

Is there some special trick to this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had anny problem with it yust keep spaming missiles at it you can do it fairly easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I usually save 20+ missiles just for the mine layer, and that usually gets it done.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Have you got the item from the vendor with space tokens that powers up your lasers/shields?
    (Vendor is in the market quarter, in the middle room opposite the kiosks.)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorzz View Post
    Have you got the item from the vendor with space tokens that powers up your lasers/shields?
    (Vendor is in the market quarter, in the middle room opposite the kiosks.)
    I still don't have that part and the mission is easily doable without it.
    As has been said around 20~ missiles does the trick for the last ship.

What I do is avoid firing at the little fighters the entire mission. No point. There's no bonus for them (not on Empire anyway). I just fire at the mine fighters or whatever they are for the bonus and then the heavy fighters. Use the EMP generator on the mines. You have time to use it twice. Use your blasters otherwise. Then spam the hell out of your missiles on the mine layer. You can hold the left mouse button and right click for the missiles at the same time. You get 3 passes at the mine layer. Spam right click while keeping left click glued down. You'll get it. When the mine layer isn't on the screen, get the 4th heavy fighter with missiles. Mine layer is more important than the heavy fighter. Once you get the timing down, it's easy.

The 4th bonus heavy fighter appears when the mine layer does at the end. Watch in the background. It does a bump almost like a lower case n in the background as it makes its route. Keep your eyes on it and fire missiles at it as soon as the mine layer is off the screen. I kept catching it as it flew toward me so I knew it had to be in the background at some point. I eventually had a eureka moment and hit the bugger when I started to shoot everything in the background. The regular fighters die in like 2-3 hits. The heavy fighter takes more effort. So he was easy to spot once I started to shoot everything. Shot at him until he left a trail of smoke behind him just to watch his pathing one day. Rather obvious where his route was after that.

I use the EMP generator on the first pack of mines. I always get 96 and remove the entire pack. I coast most of the mission on number 2 for my power conversion module. The regular fighters never hit hard enough to take my shield out. When mine fields come up (or a heavy fighter/mine fighter), I swap to 1 and fire at the mines until I'm out of them, then back to 2 to coast. Using the EMP generator on the first pack of mines clears the way for when the first mine fighter pops up. I use the EMP generator again as I'm going for the mine layer at the end. Just before I use the EMP Generator, I use the Electronic Warfare Pod (number 4) to make myself immune to being targeted and to hopefully not have my shields taken out by the mines too fast. That frees me up so I'm focusing on the mine layer and not on the mines. Since I don't use the missiles outside of the mine fighter, mine layer, and heavy fighters, I often finish the mission with 70+ missiles. Takes like 3-6 missiles to take out a heavy fighter and the same with each engine on the mine fighters.

There isn't really any reason to not have the Power Conversion Module. It's only 30 fleet tokens which is easy to get in a day of space mission dailies and it really boosts your blaster power. You're gimping yourself and making yourself take that much longer to kill things without it. Also no reason to not have the Electronic Warfare Pod, either. Saved my rear a few times on the higher missions. Yeah, you can live without it, but why? It makes things easier in the long run. And it's cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only two items I really use in that mission are the Power Conversion Module and the Electronic Warfare Pod. When approaching the mines just spam the fire button and rotate your mouse across the screen, you can destroy close to 100+ mines from the first two fields if your quick. I only recharge the shields when they are about to run out, then spam missiles while they recharge. I will try to shoot down as many fighters as I can if I'm in no danger of loosing too much shielding. Best defense = a good offense sort of deal.

As for the mine tender I find the first run to be the most important. I will usually blow my Warfare Pod when passing through the mine field directly before the mine tender so nothing can target you since the density of the mines in that section will pretty much blow you shields to nothing. While the EWP is still up either recharge your shields or blast the mines between you and the tender so you missiles won't target them. Once you have a clear path to the tender, load up your missiles and let them fly. Power up your blasters and spam the crap out of them. With the right placement of missiles and blaster fire you can usually nuke 2 of the 3 bays on the first run, leaving you with a lot more room to missile up/blaster the last bay on the 2nd pass.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just never felt the need to get the Power Conversion Module. I have everything else, I just really can't find a reason why I should buy the PCM right now so... I'm just buying the artifact boxes whenever I have enough Fleet Medals.
    I agree it's cheap, my point is just it's pretty easily doable without. EMP is nice for convenience (mines), Electronic Warfare Pod is great if you messed up somewhere (mini asteroids =( ) and the Proton Torpedos are just really superfluous.

You only need to fire missiles at the Bonus Mission ships x4, the Bonus Mission ship carrier, and the minelayer.

You should easily have 60-80 missiles left by the time you get to the minelayer. Use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

4 missiles and some time with your blasters should destroy each engine. You should have all 3 engines destroyed your first pass. Then just fire everything you have at the bay your second pass and it should be destroyed. You even have a third pass if you couldn't finish on the first 2.

And yes, the power conversion module helps quite a bit.

That last heavy fighter is circling around the final target, and he is an absolute pain to find and destroy, but it can be done if you have plenty of missiles yet. I only drop missiles on the capital ships and the heavy fighters, everything else (like mines) die in one hit. Normally I'm done with mines before the mission is half over.

I had problems with that mission too, the time window to get the last objectives done is very small. What you have to do is just spam both blaster and missiles at it as soon as you are in range and ignore everything else around you. You'll need some shield/hp left before you do this because you'll take quite a lot of damage.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

The problem with this space mission is you are trying to gun down/shoot the mines. This is not the way. At the very first minefield use the emp device. It will take out 94/150 leaving you to worry about other things. As soon as the EMP is off CD you will be in another minefied. Do it again. and yur done. If you dont have an EMP buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    The problem with this space mission is you are trying to gun down/shoot the mines. This is not the way. At the very first minefield use the emp device. It will take out 94/150 leaving you to worry about other things. As soon as the EMP is off CD you will be in another minefied. Do it again. and yur done. If you dont have an EMP buy one.
    I don't think he is worried about the mines. I don't use the EMP and I have no problem blowing huge holes through each minefield. Each mine takes 1 bolt. Hold down the mouse button and just run your fire over lines of mines, and they all explode. Do it over and over, the mines are in straight lines which makes it amazingly easy to just blow entire groups of them up.

Obvious tip people may/may not know about: it's often advantageous to spam right click on one target to send missiles at it as fast as they recharge instead of holding down right mouse button to get multiple targets at once. EMP is helpful but not strictly necessary for this mission. If you don't have it, get it - just be warned that the blast doesn't go off for three seconds after you push the button (so don't overshoot your target).

Power conversion module is absolutely critical. It's been said before but it bears repeating. Double blaster damage is ridiculously good.

The small fighters are low priority because they're not mission-critical, but they're the main (non-mission) source of experience in the run, so if you see them, pop 'em.