10+ Year Old Account

Demonology 3/31/7 vs 0/31/10

How big of a DPS difference are we talking between these two specs? I am 393 ilevel and I have the 1993 haste cap. We're about to start H Ultraxion and I was worried that my Immolation would fall off and set me back.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

I assume you meant "my IMMOLATE would fall off and set me back".

1) There is no excuse to let Immolate fall off on Ultraxion
    2) 3/31/7 spec can be a minor dps upgrade. Only way to tell is to Sim it.

My suggestion, just stick to what you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    I assume you meant "my IMMOLATE would fall off and set me back".

1) There is no excuse to let Immolate fall off on Ultraxion
    2) 3/31/7 spec can be a minor dps upgrade. Only way to tell is to Sim it.

My suggestion, just stick to what you know.
    I agree. It shouldn't fall off. It was just a worry that I would panic on heroic and i'd forget to Gul'Dan/Fel Flame to make sure it stays on during Fading Light + Hour of Twilight. Thanks. I thought it was minor.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If your gear optimisation leaves you below the hit cap or you get shitty RNG on the timing of Fading Light there is a risk Immolate will fall off.

There's also plenty of reason not to use HoG on cooldown, all your DoTs sit above it on the priority queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If your gear optimisation leaves you below the hit cap or you get shitty RNG on the timing of Fading Light there is a risk Immolate will fall off.

There's also plenty of reason not to use HoG on cooldown, all your DoTs sit above it on the priority queue.
    This is true, but if you're hit capped, even with the crappiest luck on Fading Light, there's no chance that Immolate could fall off.

I've had Fading Light just before the the second hour of twilight (the one where just about everything falls off as you're fading out) plenty of times and Immolate never even came close to falling off once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zebramints View Post
    you should never felfire it, and there is no reason not to use HoG on CD
    If you get fading light and finish a cast at the 2 second on the buff there is no reason not to felfire and then hit your button.

Deleted
    You should go for 3/31/7 for Ultraxion.. It's a small diffrence, but its there. There is hardly any chance of falling off HoG and you can always fel flame before the fading light to be sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

HoG will never EVER miss. Hit rating is irrelevant. As long as you use HoG on CD, it will never fall off. Fading Light doesn't even last long if you hit it at the last second, so there really is no excuse for it falling off of your target on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by kweeble View Post
    HoG will never EVER miss.
    I could have sworn they fixed this when DS was released, but I didn't raid it as Demo

Quote Originally Posted by kweeble View Post
    HoG will never EVER miss. Hit rating is irrelevant. As long as you use HoG on CD, it will never fall off. Fading Light doesn't even last long if you hit it at the last second, so there really is no excuse for it falling off of your target on that fight.
    This used to be the case, but they fixed it. HoG can miss if you're below hitcap.