Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why don't other races eat Tauren?

I mean cmon guys, regardless of what intelligence they have they are cows so...

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/4/41/...oof_Tauren.jpg equals http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/s/steak-6669.jpg

So I'm honestly surprised some Orcs or Humans haven't come up with the thought ''Hey, they're cows right? Why don't we just take a little bite and see what they taste like?''

Let's discuss.

Pretty good damn question tbh. I sure wouldn't mind some Holy Cow burgers.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Dude, humans are edible too IRL but you don't see us eating them? Who would eat an intelligent creature? Honor plays a big role in WoW.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just Blizzard's way of keeping the game a bit more family friendly.

It falls under the same reason why you can't skin humanoids (except dragonkin usually), it's just an aspect that seems distasteful. Both ideas make sense in game terms, but the idea of eating one of the main races or selling stacks of Orc hide just doesn't sit well with some people.

Sentience? A little too much sentience to mask with A-1 sauce?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolftusk View Post
    Dude, humans are edible too IRL but you don't see us eating them? Who would eat an intelligent creature? Honor plays a big role in WoW.
    Also, humans (And by that extention I'll add in Orcs, Tauren, Night-Elves.. etc) are full of diseases and other crap... happy eating...

I'm pretty sure non Darkspear trolls (that are cannibals as well) did try it..
    But well - you don't really eat something that speaks to you, is part of "your people", and Thrall pretty much banned any form of cannibalism-like behavior..
    It would be the same for the Horde if you ate Tauren as it's to normal people when you eat another person.. just sick and wrong >.<'

Also - taurens do know how to defend themselves, and protect from being eatem.. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Eh... well, as tauren are more evolved than most of the other animals (lack of better word to describe their origin) the denizens of azeroth eat, i think it would considered be some kind of odd cannibalism, just like orcs wouldn't eat trolls or goblins wouldn't eat orcs.

... Maybe they're no succulent beef :P?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaemus View Post
    It's just Blizzard's way of keeping the game a bit more family friendly.

It falls under the same reason why you can't skin humanoids (except dragonkin usually), it's just an aspect that seems distasteful. Both ideas make sense in game terms, but the idea of eating one of the main races or selling stacks of Orc hide just doesn't sit well with some people.
    Then again, the clothier in Orgrimmar has a Centaur-skin rug... :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    Then again, the clothier in Orgrimmar has a Centaur-skin rug... :P
    Because Tigerskin rug is too mainstream...

Centaurs are the enemy!

I wouldn't be surprised to see a human rug in some shop in UC ^.^

However, Undead can eat Tauren if they're opposing them in a arena. So why not let everyone else?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Why don't other races eat Tauren?
    Good question, considering that everyone eats Gnomes.

However, the answer is that the Tauren Rogues keep the cows safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Centaurs regularly cannibalize their Tauren victims. So we have that.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post

... Maybe they're no succulent beef :P?
    Pretty much this. Who would chew on an old boot-like steak? No amount of beating would make it soft and tender. Plus its much easier to eat a real cow or pig or even hunt some wild meat that won't resurrect itself and stick its totem right up in your...ekhm.

I'd rather eat out a female blood elf

Deleted
    We're aligned with the Tauren?
    FANTASTIC! We'll be having steak, twice a week!

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about the Tauren is that they're a warrior race and are quite tough from years of physical conditioning. So really, if you want to eat Tauren, you have to get them while they're calves, or veal as I like to think of them.

Forsaken racial Cannibalize can be used on a dead Tauren. munch munch munch...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Centaurs regularly cannibalize their Tauren victims. So we have that.
    It's not cannibalism if it's a different species. Anyway, it's probably because they're a sentient species, although i bet a few people would find them rather tasty. Centaurs do eat Tauren though, and use their skins as clothing, but Tauren do the same to the Centaurs so they have it coming

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably taste like crap!