Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Since it's not mentioned here yet, I'll just go ahead and remind you guys that you can reserve your GW1 name in GW2, so your name won't be stolen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurie View Post
    Can anyone agree/disagree with this?
    Ascalon = English
    Kryta = ??
    Canthan = Asian (probably Chinese)
    Elonian = Persian / Northern African
    Orr = ??
    Kurzick = German names but look asian and wear gothic kabuki outfits
    Luxon = Greek names but look south east asian

Quote Originally Posted by Mastid View Post
    Since it's not mentioned here yet, I'll just go ahead and remind you guys that you can reserve your GW1 name in GW2, so your name won't be stolen!
    I may have to buy GW1 just to reserve my name. I have thought of a brilliant name to go with my guild name! Well, brilliant in the sense that someone else thought of it and I would probably get GW2 shut down from copyright infringement by using the name I have in mind. Stupid anti-piracy laws. Uh, apparently I went slightly off course there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Since we're suddenly talking about Asura's and Character names...

Inb4 anyone else.

Sigh... I laughed in the middle of my college class you bum!

<3 thanks... economics was boring anyway

Deleted
    You can reserve names? must have missed that. Unless you mean GW1, which are double names.... :x
    Last edited by mmoc37caee976f; 2012-02-07 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You won't be able to use accents, other than a possible exception for players from countries that actually use accents.
    OT but grats on 2k posts, Mif.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    OT but grats on 2k posts, Mif.
    I'm just glad to be a Warchief instead of a Pandaren Monk...

edit: warchief, not warlord. derp
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-02-08 at 01:21 AM.

I'm just glad to be a Warlord instead of a Pandaren Monk...
    Grats! And I can't wait to no longer be a gnome...
    ...I spent yrs as gnomes...I just want this hell to be over. But then I know I've got the monk incoming o.0 wish we could select ranks from our favourite games on mmo.

Deleted
    I hope MMO-c give us a split up forum like the wow forums, GW2 hasn't even been released and look how popular it is! I have a feeling though we are gonna be QQing along with SWTOR though :<

Love the community here we have though, even if you guys keep hijacking threads with off-topics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I can't wait to no longer be a gnome...
    I still love my Gnomes, but I can't wait to play a race treated with equal respect and attention by the games developer.

An example from the front page:
    2. Gifts to Faction Leaders Daily Quest
    Daily quests to give Gifts to faction leaders are also available.
    You can start the quests by talking to Kwee Q. Peddlefeet in any capital city

Alliance players can present a gift to the leaders of Ironforge, Darnassus, Stormwind and The Exodar.
    Because you know, my Gnome girl would never give a gift to her High Tinker...

Quote Originally Posted by Aurie View Post
    Love the community here we have though, even if you guys keep hijacking threads with off-topics
    Lies
    Give me one example.
    Oh wait.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    You will only be able to reserve the name if you plan to use two words.
    Well, anything but one word names, to be more accurate. Since you were able to have multiple spaces in GW1 as well.

I still love my Gnomes, but I can't wait to play a race treated with equal respect and attention by the games developer.
    I loved my gnomes for years...it was harrowing to leave them behind. The mechagnome title is a reminder that I've shut them in a cupboard...I can hear them scratching at the door, pleading in their shrill voices to play again and wailing at why I've forsaken them.
    By hell, I mostly meant the wait for GW2 Then my asura can truly make me forget about my gnomes.

Because you know, my Gnome girl would never give a gift to her High Tinker...
    Yh..I rly disliked this about Blizzard. Why create a playable race only to constantly, and ironically, belittle them? Gnome punting jokes became very tiresome...

I can't wait t go reserve names and create my character. I will probably try and be speedy and reserve a few names before i mess with features. After I find out what I like I will quick as possible delete my first names character and create them with the actual look I like lol. I'm not worried about the two word names I want just one or two of the one word names I'm hoping for I think will be taken rather quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how we can freely change servers with a cool down i wonder how that would work for name changing.
    It won't have any effect, names are global.

Oh WoW, So once it's taken its gone for good eh? That's really going to be a pain getting the name you want.
    Buy GW1. Create characters of all the names you want. Reserved for GW2. Win

Well i plan on using a one word name, not a fan of names with two words in it. But i see your point.
    Ahh...then that is a somewhat inconvenient technical drawback...

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume with a 2 name system then you can have multiple people with the same first name; which removes any need for accents on US servers.

But I have to think up a last name...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I assume with a 2 name system then you can have multiple people with the same first name; which removes any need for accents on US servers.

But I have to think up a last name...
    Fantasy last names are easy peasy. Just think of two things and put them together, I also LOVE alliteration in fantasy names :S
    Examples: Some of my GW1 Characters
    Riven Rageblade
    Misty Riverfall
    Luna Languish
    Rayne Vileblade
    Rayne Stormbow
    River Rainblossom
    Alsera Soulsong

You can also add makeshift titles this way
    Horo the Blind
    Minion the Tracker

I actually love making names like this I could go on and on so I will stop myself :S

P.S: Don't you dare touch my Luna or I will take the mesmer who is her namesake and find you on whatever server you are on and beat you to a pulp

Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    Fantasy last names are easy peasy. Just think of two things and put them together, I also LOVE alliteration in fantasy names :S
    Examples: Some of my GW1 Characters
    Riven Rageblade
    Misty Riverfall
    Luna Languish
    Rayne Vileblade
    Rayne Stormbow
    River Rainblossom
    Alsera Soulsong

You can also add makeshift titles this way
    Horo the Blind
    Minion the Tracker

I actually love making names like this I could go on and on so I will stop myself :S

P.S: Don't you dare touch my Luna or I will take the mesmer who is her namesake and find you on whatever server you are on and beat you to a pulp

Cool, note taken for the Beta Events!