Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kills NOT counting on Ilum...

Damn, could you ever imagine to see even more problems patch after patch?! This is f'd up, seriously.

This will be the straw that breaks the camels back if it is not addressed IMMEDIATELY. Ilum was horrible pre patch but at least you could expect to get your daily done (I play republic). Now as a battlemaster 1 of the dailies i can use to progress is completely broken. I have gotten 50+ kills on ilum today, spent 2 hours there, and was able to get 9 armaments. I have 21/30 for credit on ilum.

ONLY 12 FUCKING KILLS COUNTED.

12/50 and 50 is a reserved estimate.
    Last edited by Elgand; 2012-02-07 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Doing math while raging is bad

Yeap, Ilum is broken, BW breaks PvP again.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly something to do with the kill swapping exploit fix they implemented?

How is it broken if I may ask, did my weekly in less than 2 hours after downtime. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    How is it broken if I may ask, did my weekly in less than 2 hours after downtime. =/
    Are you trying to say we're delusional? Go try to kill someone, see if you can get any valor for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    Are you trying to say we're delusional? Go try to kill someone, see if you can get any valor for it.
    No, he's not saying you're delusional. He asked a simple fucking question.

Evidently it is working for him or he overlooked it and was wondering what is broken about it? Seriously, get the stick out of your ass.

Spamming and Trolling: Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-07 at 06:05 PM.

I was watching The Republic on Gamebreaker.tv last night and they said some system was being put in to stop people from trading kills, sort of a diminishing returns until eventually you wont get credit for killing the same person over and over again. Now i dont play Swtor so i dont know much about how the dailys work but i can see problems with this if you play during non peak hours and theres a limited number of players on the opposing faction on illium and you only have access to a small player pool to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I was watching The Republic on Gamebreaker.tv last night and they said some system was being put in to stop people from trading kills, sort of a diminishing returns until eventually you wont get credit for killing the same person over and over again. Now i dont play Swtor so i dont know much about how the dailys work but i can see problems with this if you play during non peak hours and theres a limited number of players on the opposing faction on illium and you only have access to a small player pool to kill.
    Ya, it almost seems like a person has an invisible buff that keeps them from being worth any valor if killed again within a certain amount of time. Would be nice for BW to comment on it to set the story straight.

I asked a simple question, seeing as I got both my quests done in less than 2 hours with around 20k valor for the 150+ kills I'd say it's pointless for me to go back to kill some one to verify that it works no?

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    No, he's not saying you're delusional. He asked a simple fucking question.

Evidently it is working for him or he overlooked it and was wondering what is broken about it? Seriously, get the stick out of your ass.
    I killed bunch of people without that buff, btw... zero effect.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-02-07 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed bunch of people without that buff, btw... zero effect.
    That's too bad then, since it's working fine for me. Just tried it with a guildie using his republic toon. Killed him twice within 1 min and the second one didn't count. Tried it again 10 minutes later and it counted.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-02-07 at 07:29 PM.

That's too bad then, since it's working fine for me. Just tried it with a guildie using his republic toon. Killed him twice within 1 min and the second one didn't count. Tried it again 10 minutes later and it counted.
    I purposefully checked if people had this buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I purposefully checked if people had this buff.
    The "supposed buff" doesn't show as a buff. The one you are looking for is the one you get after being revived/rez'd.

I honestly dont know what could be wrong with ilum. But in my experience kills are not registering, wether it be the same person i have previously killed or a completely new target that I haven't killed before. With 50+ kills today on ilum only 12 counted towards the daily and gave valor.

This is quite frustrating, and it even seems to be affecting the imperials because rather than fighting us they have started simply camping armaments middle and will not leave the node for pvp. On a world that is supposed to be full of pvp once again the pve portion is being focused on. The negative now is that population imbalance means republic will rarely if ever be able to complete their daily or weekly.

Good for you, stop being aggressive. Everyone stop being aggressive.

It's broken for everyone on my server. It's not DR, it's broken. I'm not stupid, and the 50 other people on my server's Ilum aren't stupid. I killed several dozen people, different people, and no registered kills.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    I honestly dont know what could be wrong with ilum. But in my experience kills are not registering, wether it be the same person i have previously killed or a completely new target that I haven't killed before. With 50+ kills today on ilum only 12 counted towards the daily and gave valor.

This is quite frustrating, and it even seems to be affecting the imperials because rather than fighting us they have started simply camping armaments middle and will not leave the node for pvp. On a world that is supposed to be full of pvp once again the pve portion is being focused on. The negative now is that population imbalance means republic will rarely if ever be able to complete their daily or weekly.
    It doesn't seem to matter whether you were the one to kill them or not. If they were killed in like the last 10 mins (by anyone) they don't count for valor if you kill them again. I think it's kind of overkill but things like this happen when players exploit. If this is in fact the system they are trying to use, at least actually have them show a buff that lets you know they're worthless for valor (like the normal one you get after being rez'd).

Oh man, you all are scaring me...
    When I get home 30 Armaments is gonna take 3 hours!

yup, it was to stop the organized kill trading some servers set up. they should have just kept the node swapping from 1.0 :P or made kills count regardless of valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    This will be the straw that breaks the camels back if it is not addressed IMMEDIATELY.
    If only I had a dollar for every time I heard this...

Seriously, have you never played an MMO before? This sort of thing happens a lot in every game.

Get over it and have a little patience. It's not the end of the world, nor is it the bug to make everyone quit.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net