Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    If only I had a dollar for every time I heard this...

Seriously, have you never played an MMO before? This sort of thing happens a lot in every game.

Get over it and have a little patience. It's not the end of the world, nor is it the bug to make everyone quit.
    I have played many many many mmo's, starting with SWG and playing until the CU came out and changed the game to drastically for my taste. In SWG, EQ2, EQ 1, WoW, Eve, Earth and Beyond, FFXI, and any other MMO I have played there has been more content available at maximum level for those that looked for it. In SWG i would just go out hunting for rare spawns and the occasional imperial, all while still progressing my character. In SWTOR i have been pidgeon holed into having 2 dailies that can possibly reward me with gear, and one of those dailies has just become ridiculously difficult to complete.

I am willing to play as long as I am having fun, and with this bug on Ilum I am no longer enjoying the game. If it doesn't get fixed (which i am assuming it will be, but there is potential that Bioware will say it is working as intended) I will be quitting the game. Thankfully I purchased many many many games from Steam during the christmas sales, and all of those games are just waiting to be played.

I completely understand the growing pains that are involved in any new MMO. But I believe Bioware dropped the ball when they initially changed Ilum to reward an unnacceptable amount of valor, and did not revert the change in anticipation of a better option. It has been said before on the main forums, but bioware needs to be willing to say that the changes they made were bad, and revert them.

I'm venting, and not really adding much to the thread, so here it is, bioware did respond to the main post on the PvP forums and have said they are looking into the issue.

With the nerf to the respawn rate of the crates.. I might never go back to Ilum pvp again.

Imp's already outnumber Repub's a lot on my server and doing the daily / weekly there was difficult to say the least. I've spent many hours flying around in circles trying to collect crates with 20 other people doing the same thing.

Bioware fails, how did they manage to break Ilum again? You can't even use the PvP healing pots or adrenals there now as well.

Its suppose to be like that. Valor on Ilum has diminishing returns. When you kill someone you can not kill them again and get valor. This lasts a short time, it seems like some indivisible debuff that allows this.

this is not a bugg, this is a FIX and i welcome it with open arms, no more OMG LETS GO FARM VALOR IN ILUM! no more easy BM titles, stop crying and adapt.

They never test patches lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cornpops View Post
    Its suppose to be like that. Valor on Ilum has diminishing returns. When you kill someone you can not kill them again and get valor. This lasts a short time, it seems like some indivisible debuff that allows this.
    except when you and your rep counterparts communicate via vent and deliberately wait for 7mins (dr only lasts 3 btw) so we can get a good fight with points.. and then noone gets anything... as always they take the stupid approach and overdo everything.. whilst also nerfing crate spawns. .as if its not already hard enough to get the daily done with no reps about to kill

Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    this is not a bugg, this is a FIX and i welcome it with open arms, no more OMG LETS GO FARM VALOR IN ILUM! no more easy BM titles, stop crying and adapt.
    It's been confirmed as a bug.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...18#edit2607618

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    so taking over 4hours to do a daily q is ok then? i guess you have time to sit at home al lday and play but most of us don't. In the current state the daily will take several days depending on your server to complete. Also this "stop crying and adapt" excuse is getting really really old and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Good for you, stop being aggressive. Everyone stop being aggressive.

It's broken for everyone on my server. It's not DR, it's broken. I'm not stupid, and the 50 other people on my server's Ilum aren't stupid. I killed several dozen people, different people, and no registered kills.
    And I have no doubt, if it is a bug, it will be hot fixed shortly if it is truly this detrimental. Regardless though, unless you are on a PvP server, Republic numbers are still a little lopsided. Getting better, but lopsided. Is this seriously the end of the world for some people? Either farm armaments, or get your valor/bags through war zones.

This is not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Then again, if someone stubs their toe somewhere, someone will be there to blame Activision-Blizzard/BioWare for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    so taking over 4hours to do a daily q is ok then? i guess you have time to sit at home al lday and play but most of us don't. In the current state the daily will take several days depending on your server to complete. Also this "stop crying and adapt" excuse is getting really really old and pathetic.
    actually no, i got about 54 registered kills before they stopped (i also asked in Ilum general and it was like that for everyone else), i thought it was like this for everyone and a fix for farming Valor, i apologize

Deleted
    From patchnotes:
    Chests on Ilum now respawn less frequently to reduce potential gains from farming.
    Particle Cannons can no longer be permanently disabled.
    Implemented safeguards to address a Valor exploit.

Maybe I read or understood it wrong, but I dont think they actually nerfed the chest spawns at central assault... they nerfed the Security Chests spawn rate so it isnt as profitable for lvl 13 alts to be parked there???

And also, I just did my weekly today 150/150 in a couple of hours. Sure, some kills didnt count but it has always been like that. Kill someone over and over and it doesnt count.

Edit - oh and I play republic on a light populated server....

15+ Year Old Account
    Since they changed Illum (from how it was at launch) is when all the problems started happening. Once they changed it, I started losing kills/the buff, getting suck or dismounted in random places (not from pvp).

Maybe they need to hire a team that focuses on Illum (and that would be hella cool if they can fix it and make it work right)

I think Illum pvp area is too big, even for big numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    Damn, could you ever imagine to see even more problems patch after patch?! This is f'd up, seriously.
    War is a lie. We Jedi know it!

On topic that realy sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    If only I had a dollar for every time I heard this...

Seriously, have you never played an MMO before? This sort of thing happens a lot in every game.

Get over it and have a little patience. It's not the end of the world, nor is it the bug to make everyone quit.
    i think 1.1 tested people's patience enough.. another patch and another fuck up. Why do we have test servers again?

They should just scrap the PVP area in Ilum in its current form. I don't think it's working how they envisioned it, as I get the feeling they didnt expect quite as much of a population imbalance as there is. Probably be best to go with a Wintergrasp type model, have it something you queue up for with a 1:1 population cap. Maybe make the buff it gives faction wide after toning it down a notch or two.
    Yub Yub

Deleted
    The problem with the Ilum PvP zone is that its about 2-3 times larger than it ought to be if decent battles are to be fought.#

I also don't like the model of a special sequestered area set aside for "world pvp" in this manner because in my eyes its little different to an instanced warzone (main difference being one side can often attain an overwhelming advantage through numbers which makes the actual pvp fairly dry and tedious). The best world PvP in an MMO in my opinion happened in Vanilla WoW; and the difference was it occurred naturally around quest hubs (Hillsbrad, Barrens Crossroads etc) or at world bosses (Kazzak, Emerald Dragons etc) which dropped attractive enough loot for guilds to look to kill every time the boss was up. I remember trying to do Azuregos one time with some Alliance guilds around hassling us - it was great fun with each guild trying to wipe the other one as they took on the boss. Obviously this kind of PvP is much more difficult to orchestrate deliberately due to the same nature that causes it to arise, but I don't think it beyond Bioware's capability.

1. Add a world boss on Ilum
    2. Make it drop BiS colour crystals or something relatively minor yet attractive enough for guilds to want to farm it.
    3. Enforce PvP flagging in non PvP servers in a radius around the boss.
    4. Congrats you have made a better PvP zone than the Battle for Ilum.

Kills are counting just fine for me, sorry to hear other people are having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Kills are counting just fine for me, sorry to hear other people are having problems.
    Sometime in the evening, maybe 12 hours after the servers came up, they fixed this problem. At least on Death Wind Corridor it was fixed. The result was 3 instances of Ilum running and 20k valor in an hour. There were a ton of people from both sides trying to get their weekly and daily missions finished, while fighting over a bridge.

The sad thing is warzones are more pvp like, not the silly ranged gank thing that Ilum is, yet 3 hours of Warzones (have to wait about 10 minutes for them to pop) and I didn't even come close to half the valor I got in Ilum.

While I agree that the non counting kills and warzones wins are on the top priorities they should fix, I did not have the feeling it was any worse yesterday than usual.
    I had about 70 kills after 30-40min of zerging in ilum.