Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Now that Biochem has been nerfed what crew skill will you take

Just like the heading states now that Biochem has been nerfed what crew skill will you be choosing in its place or are you going to stick with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Maybe .. just maybe you should take the skill that interests you most instead of the flavor of the month skill? Between the tweaks to Slicing and now Biochem as well as the further changes that have been advertised that are coming its pretty safe to say that they wont stop until they believe they have made all of them viable. Me im doing what I have always done, rolling with my Armormech.

Its still safe to say however that even now if you raid its in your best interest to take Biochem if only to save money. I plan to lvl it up on alt just the way I did in wow to support my raid consumables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biochem. To me it's still the best. Until BW BUFFS the other professions it will remain that way.

Deleted
    I'm going to stick to, infinite stim and medipack are still more valuable than anything else atm.

Biochem is still by far the best.

It's really /facepalm inducing that they got crew prof balance so wrong. It wasn't like they had to re-invent the wheel, they had WoW to look at for an example (give every profession some sort of comparable stat bonus via something that doesn't go obsolete with better gear).

Artifice could have had a BoP color crystal(s) with better stats, for example.

I know that "It's a new MMO" is a sort of valid excuse for a lot of its shortcomings. Not in this case, though.

Biochem its still the best period.

5k heal every 90sec can be a lifesaver anywhere, ability to roll with flask and potion everywhere and dont bother with costs its still a WIN.

I want to use some of the other crew skills but Biochem is still way more useful than the others.

Deleted
    Unless they suddenly make Biochem things not infinite use it'll always be the best imo.

I can already barely afford repairs, so I'll stick with biochem so I don't need to pay for consumables too. Plus I picked biochem when I started .
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not changing. Infinite Adreneals/Stims/Medpacks still trumps all the other professions.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    Not changing. Infinite Adreneals/Stims/Medpacks still trumps all the other professions.
    QFT

I logged in, expecting my Rakata consumables to be nerfed to oblivion, but really, they are essentially no different.

The one thing that still bugs me (pun intended) is the schematic I have for "Exotech Force Adrenal" STILL gives the error message "Invalid Schematic" when I try to mem it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As all the players seem to understand...there is no reason to be anything other than BioChem until they make the other crew skills have useful endgame potential. They can continue nerfing BioChem, but the fact remains that there are no schematics or parts that are equal to or superior to those acquired through 50 Flashpoints or Dailies.

ya know even with the nerf to bio9chem i still might make it the prof of choice for my 2 troopers.

my vangard is my farmer bitch and my commando who is 50 is working up armor tech.
    but lets face it, even with the idea of haveing cyber upgrades for my toons biochem STILL beats out since i can have UNLIMITED consumables. no matter what they doto BUFF other proffs the unlimited factor will ALWAYS beat out in biochem.

yea i make creds with other proffs but hey with dailies i have NO issues with creds

I think the best route (but definitely not the cheapest) would be to take cybertech while leveling so you can use your commendations just for hilts/barrels and enhancements, then switch to biochem at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambreene View Post
    I think the best route (but definitely not the cheapest) would be to take cybertech while leveling so you can use your commendations just for hilts/barrels and enhancements, then switch to biochem at 50.
    thas a very good idea i think ill stick with that for the vangard til he hits 50

15+ Year Old Account
    i only lost about 200 hp as a tank thats not too bad im just pissed they lied about being able to use the bio schems from EV

Deleted
    I will keep my Biochem becauso it fits my IA Medic so much. If my char can shoot injections, why shouldn´t he be able to make some by himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambreene View Post
    Yes. Actually since I leveled all four classes on both sides I did the following.

1) Cybertech (also good for cheap ship upgrades and they sell well)
    2) Artifice (treasure hunting for easy relics early on)
    3) Armortech or Synthweaving depending on which best fits companions, usually armor
    4) Biochem on main.

The on main biochem researches all reusable packs for each tier and that way when I reach end on a character and have their items stock piled I can swap them to biochem and only have to raise the skill, not play the reversi game
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Biochem is still the only real option if you care about min maxing.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Why would you drop Biochem? As many have stated even with the nerfs it's still one of the best professions, I'm armstech and I regret that decision big time... I keep hoping it'll get better though b/c I really don't want to reroll a whole new set of professions... anyway I always believe in taking what you want and not necessarily the flavor of the month, which is what biochem seems to be, I hope they'll add some perks to the other professions to make them wanted by people who raid/pvp.