Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Shard of Woe is not BiS.

I keep hearing it's BiS but Rawr just gave 416 WoU and 410 CotC as BiS.

shard of woe has not been bis since the end of firelands, anyone who tells you different is stupid

SoW is still comfortably BIS for arcane mages. The latest Rawr shows it as being superior to heroic cunning and insignia by upwards of 400 dps.

Secret hint: Equip SoW in Rawr and watch it's value skyrocket. It doesn't look like it properly calculates it's value when it's not equipped.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    SoW is still comfortably BIS for arcane mages.

Secret hint: Equip SoW in Rawr and watch it's value skyrocket.
    Nope. I doesn't. If you think Rawr has blatant bugs like that, which I don't see, I suggest you take it to Kavan.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Nope. I doesn't. If you think Rawr has blatant bugs like that, which I don't see, I suggest you take it to Kavan.
    Well there is your problem your relaying on Rawr which is an AWFUL Sim go to EJ or get another Sim Rawr has been awful Since Wrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edanna View Post
    Well there is your problem your relaying on Rawr which is an AWFUL Sim go to EJ or get another Sim Rawr has been awful Since Wrath
    Yep, go to EJ, where the most respected poster is the author of Rawr.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Yep, go to EJ, where the most respected poster is the author of Rawr.

They made boots with his name !

Do you have boots with your name on them Edanna ?

Back on the topic, yes, Shard of Woe is still BiS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychokwak View Post
    Back on the topic, yes, Shard of Woe is still BiS.
    Why? Why is Kavan wrong?

Y U NO ..

Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    Secret hint: Equip SoW in Rawr and watch it's value skyrocket. It doesn't look like it properly calculates it's value when it's not equipped.
    That can sometimes be the case if you're using incremental optimizations without simple stacking. In that situation when comparing gear Rawr won't consider significant changes in burn/conserve/cooldown stacking. Since SoW can cause a significant change in mana consumption it can require a big change in the burn/conserve so it'll only be forced to completely recompute everything once you equip it.

If you have simple stacking enabled (which I would recommend for arcane), then incremental optimization setting is ignored mostly as the whole stacking is determined dynamically for each comparison. So in this situation you wouldn't see this kind of behavior from the comparison charts.

And no, SoW is not BIS, at least based on the tests I've done. If you've run the tests some time ago you should know that simc for a long time didn't take multipliers into effect for damage proc trinkets such as mana adept and arcane power, so that may be why you got a wrong result. (actually this was only just fixed on 2/2/2012 so it's not even in the live build yet)
    Last edited by Kavan; 2012-02-07 at 11:43 PM.

Deleted
    You should use SimCraft and test the trinkets you own, one by one.

I did it with my char, and SoW is the best trinket I have according to SimCraft (as Arcane)

Join Date:Feb 2011Posts:54You should use SimCraft and test the trinkets you own, one by one.

I did it with my char, and SoW is the best trinket I have according to SimCraft (as Arcane)

You should use SimCraft and test the trinkets you own, one by one.

As for me, considering my gear, Shard of Woe is still BiS when I am playing Arcane (even though I have the chance to possess every DS Normal Caster Trinket) , and since there was a noticeable difference with the others trinkets available, I assumed it was generally the same.

I would support the idea of testing everything by yourself !

Deleted
    I have reported a discrepancy between Rawr and SimCraft since I noticed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtay View Post
    shard of woe has not been bis since the end of firelands, anyone who tells you different is stupid
    I'd choose my words more carefully if I was speaking about things I have no idea about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtay View Post
    Wrong.
    Shard of Woe is still BiS for Arcane. However, fire is highest dps specc for mage's atm, so anyone playing arcane should go fire (unless RL demands it due to 3% buff )

Deleted
    OK, it wasn't clear immediately to me from Kavan's message in here but he has answered that SimCraft is apparently the one with the problem here.

Just in case there's any confusion, this is the relevant issue on simc: http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...ail?id=1116#c1. I've run the developer build with T13 BIS and replacing SoW with CotC improves dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenvai View Post
    Wrong.
    Shard of Woe is still BiS for Arcane. However, fire is highest dps specc for mage's atm, so anyone playing arcane should go fire (unless RL demands it due to 3% buff )
    Fairly sure that every mage should be arcane on spine HC due to the burst possibilities that's required for that fight :3

Using incremental cooldowns and simple stacking, SoW still shows as #1 on my character unless I remove synapse springs. =|
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual