Am I missing something here...

I'm currently leveling two healers, a Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman, after leveling every DPS class. So far today I've come across three different "DPS" Paladin in the Dungeon Finder using Righteous Fury. In every case I've asked the "DPS" Paladin to turn it off. This is how it usually goes...

"Would the DPS Paladin please turn Righteous Fury off."
    (No response, buff remains on.)
    "Then you can heal yourself as well."
    (A few pulls later, Righteous Fury is still up, Paladin is has had to heal himself.)
    "Why you being gay? U mad bro? Stop being so gay and heal me!"
    "You refused to remove Righteous Fury when asked. I'm not busting my rear healing TWO tanks when I don't have too."
    (Put Paladin on ignore. Wait a few pulls, then laugh as he dies. Refuse to rezz him. Need on any gear he needs, just to annoy him further.)

Am I missing something? When did it become the "cool" thing to DPS with an aggro enhancer just to annoy your healer and tank? And when did it become acceptable logic to ignore a simple request from your healer, then trash-talk him because he followed through with his promise?

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    When did it become the "cool" thing to DPS with an aggro enhancer just to annoy your healer and tank? And when did it become acceptable logic to ignore a simple request from your healer, then trash-talk him because he followed through with his promise?
    Welcome to WoW.

I usually don't respond either if I'm adressed (sp?) by my class instead of my toon's name. Tho would not be foolish enough to try to tank unneeded, and I guess you just left it out so not to name / shame.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

10+ Year Old Account
    people are arseholes.
    However, being an arsepipe back at them is a fairly childish way or coping with it. Heal him, it's not that hard. Ress him, it's not that hard. And for christs sake don't ninja loot.

The more people that do things like this, even if they feel they can justify it, are just encouraging people who don't know any better to follow suit.

Rise up, be the bigger man, and deal with it.

OT for the righteous fury thing? yeh i've dealt with that, explain to them what the ability is, and why they shouldn't be using it, if they still don't respond, then fuck 'em. It's only themselves they're gimping.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Just suck it up and heal him.
    You gain nothing by crying about it, and you'll probably be the one to get kicked.
    Healing is stupid easy anyway, I know, as I play a holy pally.
    ~~Calm Down~~

Meh. Just let him die. Only an idiot uses righteous fury, defensive stance, or blood presence when not tanking.

In the time it took you to construct this post you could have just healed through and leveled that much quicker. It's guaranteed you'll party with bad players as you level.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelark View Post
    You gain nothing by crying about it, and you'll probably be the one to get kicked.
    So your solution is to accept that he is trying to make my life difficult and work harder to heal him in response? So I let him be a dick to me, and just accept it?

1) I'm nice enough to ask him twice to take it off the buff, and then a third time with a threat. If at that point he is still refusing to just click off the buff, he can die. Under most circumstances, the tank agree's with me.
    2) If the offender begins to verbally abuse me, I put them on ignore and let them die.
    3) If he is going out of his way to be a problem to me AND the rest of the group, to the point that other party members are complaining, I will return the favor.

Maybe it's just me. But I subscribe to the idea of treating others the way you want to be treated. From the start of the dungeon I will do my best at my given role, whether it's DPS or Healing. However if someone is just going to spit in my face for it, then I am not obligated to continue being nice to them.

EDIT: That is correct, Amorac, I was using Class as an identifier for the purpose of this threat. Typically I will use a character's name when addressing someone.

Am I missing something? When did it become the "cool" thing to DPS with an aggro enhancer just to annoy your healer and tank? And when did it become acceptable logic to ignore a simple request from your healer, then trash-talk him because he followed through with his promise?
    When LFD was launched.

Deleted
    This isn't new. Some people just suck but are too dumb or proud to realize it so they'll blame you. When it happens to me I teabag their corpses and laugh at them then move on without rezing. This is of course, after asking them politely several times to take off Righteous Fury and them refusing.

I disagree. What you gain is the satisfaction of watching a moron die, and if you asked him repeatedly in chat in a polite manner then in 99% of groups you won't get kicked and the rest of the group will side with you.

Deleted
    I'm currently leveling two healers, a Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman, after leveling every DPS class. So far today I've come across three different "DPS" Paladin in the Dungeon Finder using Righteous Fury. In every case I've asked the "DPS" Paladin to turn it off. This is how it usually goes...

"Then you can heal yourself as well."
    (A few pulls later, Righteous Fury is still up, Paladin is has had to heal himself.)
    "Why you being gay? U mad bro? Stop being so gay and heal me!"
    "You refused to remove Righteous Fury when asked. I'm not busting my rear healing TWO tanks when I don't have too."
    (Put Paladin on ignore. Wait a few pulls, then laugh as he dies. Refuse to rezz him. Need on any gear he needs, just to annoy him further.)

lol sometimes people, generally noobs, forget that buff lol. It happened already to me with my pala and my DK. I used them as tanks in the previous run and forgot to turn off when playing dps... But mine was an honest mistake and I got kicked nonetheless lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.
    Look! Words!

1. Regardless of what they did, it still seemed a bit mean to take his gear.

2. On my DK dpsing in Firelands for luls or staff runs, I Death Grip or Taunt the big mobs off the tank and start running the opposite way just for fun. Sometimes I go Blood Presence to destroy tanks on threat for a few seconds before backing off, hoping I don't die in the process.

Thats bad advice imo. Hes approaching it correctly. Asking the dude to fix it, explaining the consequences and then letting him feel the consequences. Thats perfectly fine. The ninjaing is a bit douchey but meh.

Under you dispensation players will remain shit, get healed, not learn and you get to heal your nuts off and get blamed too if it goes pear shaped. I'm with the OP on this one.

If this happens in an 85 dungeon, yea it may be that the player is genuinely an idiot, but a lot of the leveling players don't even realize what righteous fury does, or how to remove it. When you ask them to remove it, they have no idea what you're talking about since they activated when they got it at level whatever and just never turned it off - which itself is unintuitive, because you can't just hit the button again to turn it off, you have to right click the buff and new players have no idea to do that.

I think you didn't deal with this maturely. I bet the Paladin didn't know what RF was or forgot he had it on. What would he accomplish by keeping it on and ignoring your orders? Sounds like a mistake on his part. But of course....the most mature way to deal with such a situation is to /ignore them and grief them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I think you didn't deal with this maturely. I bet the Paladin didn't know what RF was or forgot he had it on. What would he accomplish by keeping it on and ignoring your orders? Sounds like a mistake on his part. But of course....the most mature way to deal with such a situation is to /ignore them and grief them.
    Honest mistakes are honest mistakes, everyone can forget to keep it on.

However how do you explain the fact that he ignored three polite requests to turn it off? Foreign language? Apparently not because when he died he spazed out calling the healer "gay" for letting him die.