I'll be turning 30 in 2 days so I thought I would jot down a list of the games that stand out in my mind. I don't claim to be an avid gamer and I'm sure I've missed playing some really great titles along the way. Here is a list (in no particular order) of games that I played and really enjoyed. I would recommend these to anyone and I've included a blurb on each one as to why it was special to me.

Shinobi (Commodore 64)
Loved this game so very much at the time. I was really young when I played it and could only ever beat it with my brother's help. I sunk many an hour in to throwing ninja stars.

Bard's Tale II (Commodore 64)
My first experience with an rpg. I only ever got 4 pieces of the Destiny Wand and I could never finish the Start Dungeon (lawl) but this was another game I lost alot of hours on. I remember finding the spell code to the dreamspell in a magazine, after that I'd go down to the maze of dread and just xp grind for hours.

Battle Chess (NES)
This game actually taught me how to play chess. At the time I thought it was lame that I couldnt control the pieces during the fight sequence when you captured a piece lol.

Techmo Super Bowl (NES)
First football game. Loads of fun playing with my brothers on this one.

Mario Kart (SNES)
So much fun playing against friends. I thought this one was much better than the N64 version that came a few years later.

Warsong (Genesis)
Don't remember all that much about it honestly, but I'd love to be able to give it another shot.

Shining Force (Genesis)
Great Storyline imo.

Goldeneye 007 (N64)
Awesome console shooter for me. We used to have deathmatch tournaments with custom rules. Remote mines in the Military Archives ftw! Loved this game but I was severely disappointed by the sequel (non bond licensed) Perfect Dark.

Super Mario RPG (SNES)
I can't actually put a finger on what I liked so much about this game but I really enjoyed it and still fancy a playthrough from time to time.

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS2)
First time I played this game I thought it was a total dud. I stuck it out to the end of the first mission and when I saw how the plan came together I was hooked after that.

Disgaea (PS2)
Not sure I spelled that one right lol. Had alot of fun just grinding out character levels and what I found to be an interesting story line.

Diablo II (PC)
This game could be why I dropped out of college. Spent way too much time on it.

World of Warcraft (PC)
Biggest time sink of my life. I really hate to think how much I played this one, but it was fun the whole way.

Final Fantasy IX (PS2)
My favorite Final Fantasy, I'm sure to catch Flak for that one.

Unreal Tournament (PC)
I still remember some of the regulars I used to see playing. The Teacher, Testicles, Stoneblade, Nick Poppageorgio. Only online game I can remember having rivalries where I really wanted to outperform the other guy.

Again just a few of my favorite titles over the years. I was hit by a nostalgic moment with a looming birthday.

Cheers!