Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Love that book! But a getting rid of religion is hardly the first step to such a dystopian future.

My step? Get rid off all the hate. It's ok not to like things, but people seem to really get extreme if someone does not agree with them.
    Get rid of all the hate? Well obviously. But for the purpose of this thread that's kind of... not the answer I'd expect. I think he means a change that if there were a ruler of the world, he could enforce it. We can't just make people stop hating.

10+ Year Old Account
    My step: Ban people who can't carry a tune from singing.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Remove religions, one the most stupid things that can cause war.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmaz View Post
    Remove religions, one the most stupid things that can cause war.
    I notice that people who say "keep your religion to yourself, don't cram it down my throat" would jump at the chance to cram atheism down others' throats.

15+ Year Old Account
    From a purely cynical point of view, I'd say:
    Remove all humans. We are the only creature on the planet that's destroying it. Remove us, planet saved.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Unite all countries under a single government, eliminating the need for military funding, thus allowing us to redirect an entire world economy towards a united education system and technolagical advancements...
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

This thread is hilarious. *overgeneralization popcorn*

10+ Year Old Account
    Save the world? Remove humanity.

Yes. Mushrooms. A big mushroom cloud.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    simple game. which one change will save the world and why.

for me, i think mandatory mushrooms. every person should get a handful of mushies for thier 18th birthday, and they'd have to eat them.

benefits? empathy, tolerance, respect for nature on every level, and maybe the ultimate goal, the ability to think independantly. all from an early age

Please guys, let's keep it clean and keep politics bashing, nation bashing, and religion out of it.
    Um, I don't exactly know how to tell you this but, when I was 17, I went on a trip & experienced exactly NONE of the effects or benefits you are stating.

If seeing all the trees bend down to form a tree-tunnel over the car I was riding in & if sticking your hand in a fishtank full of oscars & thinking you are tapping on the glass from the outside & if riding in that car & going under or rather, experiencing going under the same single overpass approximately one hundred and seventeen times, then yes, if all that makes the World a better place, by all means, my Mushie friend, go go go.

BTW, I already have had ALL those "benefits" of how I feel about the World since I can remember. Either we are born with empathy & such or we learn it by nuture, so, the 'nature or nurture' argument is born, but Mushie, you didn't discover it. It has raged for a long long time ^^

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by splenda View Post
    hey darlings.

Discussing religion is not something we do here at mmo-c, as it tends to be a very volatile topic.

Thanks for keeping it as civil as it has been, but discussing religion is not really appropriate for these forums.

I'm going to leave the thread open for now, but if the religion topic continues, i'll probably close it, sorry!
    Splenda!!! :D

I love you in my tea <3

Deleted
    benefits? empathy, tolerance, respect for nature on every level, and maybe the ultimate goal, the ability to think independantly. all from an early age
    Slightly confused as to why that made perfectly good sense to me :S

not trying to rationalise my hobby, just trying to find out how people would go about making the world a better place.

i'd still argue mushies over nukes though, for two reasons.

1. cheaper
    2. nothing to clean up afterwards
    Considering the number of druggies who've axphixiated themselves to death on their own vomit, I suggest that you are incorrect about #2.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 10:32 PM ----------

simple game. which one change will save the world and why.

for me, i think mandatory mushrooms. every person should get a handful of mushies for thier 18th birthday, and they'd have to eat them.

Please guys, let's keep it clean and keep politics bashing, nation bashing, and religion out of it.
    Wrong. Making me absolute supreme dictator would fix things, however. A chicken in every pot, and a smoking hot gaming rig for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't really think the world needs to be saved. We're not in critical danger at this very moment. No matter what scenario you think of though, it can all be solved by one thing. Make me an all powerful force of good. I would gladly play the role of superhero. ^_^
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    I'm gonna have to agree with Bender on this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYmYbkdHCBE
    Or this.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    just 1 step?

advance our technology about 500years into the future over night. might not save the world, but would be cool to see what we invent.
    Especially that.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make anyone who lies or is intolerant of anyone burst into flames.

Edit: There goes 9 out of 10 politicians.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

Edit: There goes 11 out of 10 politicians.
    Fixed. Though lying is required in common life.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

Edit: There goes 9 out of 10 politicians.
    As much as I lie, I'd end up catching the entire world on fire.

Whoptidei,just read the little yellow warning sing.

Okay here goes another one,unite all countries under one flag (Finland,ahem,ahem)
    But I think we would need somekind of outer threat to make this work,let's say we launch a propaganda mission that Moon is infested with aliens thinking of ruining Earth
    Last edited by Noitatohtori; 2012-02-10 at 10:54 AM.

1. global brainwashing to compliance with Big Brother.
    2. ???
    3. WORLD PEACE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    make everyone gay!

Now we cant help but love each other <3