Deleted

Problems (bug?) with Hagara 10 HC

Hello, my guild have been having big troubles with the lightning phase on Hagara 10 HC, where it won't link to the last (or next to last) player, even if they are standing within like 5 yards and standing completely still for 5 seconds. Every other link goes fine, and it's this link failing that's keeping us from a kill. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas what we could do to keep this from happening? We've talked with a GM, and he just said it's "working as intended".

you using pets? the can chain also
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Deleted
    Dont stand still to chain it, you need to be running, or dont really need to but it chains easier.

Check your pets.
    Pets can cause misfires, at least in my exp ( H25)
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    We are using one pet, and it's not part of the failing link.

We are all standing still, because we have enough to make every link work (at least hypothetically).

We've had some wipes due to it not linking (10 HC here). I think the only thing we really changed to 'fix' it was to not lean inward but swing more towards the outside of the ring and make more of an arc instead of a straight line. Correlation =/= Causation though but *shrug* we did something right to fix it lol

When it does not link, the player who is near the active ward runs into the active ward, and it should link on the next tick - always worked.

Deleted
    it might sound silly but..... is it a warlock?

our raid had some very very weird rng with lightning not bouncing on our warlock guy, luckily being 25 we had the ability to run other people around and not use warlock. it's stilly but it seemed to work.

We have had just about every issue you could think of with chaining.

The thing that I have found to help THE MOST has been the position of the first person in the chain and how far they run. If first person in the chain moves much further than the 1/3 spot (I will illustrate below), then the chain will break. And when I say the chain breaks, I do not mean the graphic. Sometimes the graphic will remain for a second or two...leaving you standing near the next pillar wondering WTF is going on.

Here are my amazing illustrations (lol). P=Pillar X= player o=space in between

Correct way to chain:

PooooXooooXooooP

After you stop laughing about the fact that I just said Poooo...notice that the players are exactly at 1/3 points (e.g. if you divided the distance into thirds, you are both at the edges of the thirds). As long as the first X stays put, the second X will always complete the chain.

Incorrect way to chain:

PooooooXooooXooP

This scenario happens far too often because the first chainer keeps moving (why wouldnt you...you have to get to the next chaining spot right?). The first chainer has to be very disciplined and not move until that chain segment is complete. As soon as the next Pillar activates, he should then move to the next segment and repeat.

Some people may disagree with me but I saw this happen to me at least 10 times before I put a mark down and told the person to not EVER run passed that mark until the pillar activated. Once I did that, the chain worked every time.

Otherwise, other problems that could cause chaining issues (and some of these have probably already been listed) are:
    Pets
    Stray healers and/or chainers stealing beams from others
    Dumb luck (it does happen sometimes)

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kardone View Post
    We've had some wipes due to it not linking (10 HC here). I think the only thing we really changed to 'fix' it was to not lean inward but swing more towards the outside of the ring and make more of an arc instead of a straight line. Correlation =/= Causation though but *shrug* we did something right to fix it lol
    Doing that may have helped move the chain away from stray runners. In my run, we have 2 people on each side take the first two segments and then have two people in the back of each side ready to take the last two segments. Sometimes the first groups would steal the chain as they ran into the middle (if they are not careful). Swinging further to the outside may alleviate that issue (if you are doing it that way).

We experimented with two people on each side chaining, two groups of two on each side, and the leapfrog tactic. 90% of the time, it would end up looking something like this:

We switched to the below tactic, and we didn't have a single issue ever. On top of that, it goes about ten times faster than all of the other tactics. Green was a pet since we were three-healing and had the healers in the middle the entire time, but it could be another DPS with a two-heal tactic.