Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Mind Sear min/max with ES + Dots + MB clipping priorities

When you Mind Sear on Yors hm for a double add phase, what do top WOL sp do for a dps increase?

Example #1: Do you refresh ES while VT on adds and Sear, without refreshing ES, DOT or casting MB on CD for the entire duration?

Example #2: on Yors TRASH adds, I refresh ES and dots while interrupting Sear to cast MB on CD. Our other SP Sears until 1st trash add dies then dots and he is close to me so maybe my actions are negligible.

I know refreshing ES, dots and casting MB on CD seems like an obvious dps increase, especially since I have 19.11 pts in mastery but in practice I'm finding it hard to REFRESH ES, DOTS and cast MB on CD without losing crucial dps. What are priorities for min/maxing DPS?

Thanks guys

I cast SW: P on the adds as they spawn. At that point they are rather spread and won't be efficient to mind sear just yet. After that it's easy to keep ES up and rolling mind sear untill they are dead. Recast dot's on Yors just before the phase starts but don't bother during the mean sear spam, if so do it before the seccond wave spawns. Mind sear does way more dps than any of your dots so any time spend not mind searing = lost dps.

Deleted
    The top ranks are likely to have either an extra black phase than the tactic you're using or they continue to mind sear off the glob on the double black phase and leave stronger single target to kill the glob.

Deleted
    I've twice gotten ranked 1 on Yor'sajh 25man heroic, the latest last time I killed the boss (actually held the rank for over 3 weeks to a month in total). Stopped raiding actively a couply of weeks ago so I'm not really updated about WoL nor is my gear up to date).
    -Outside of black phase it's basically learn to play question and being able to multidot mana orb thingy.
    -In black phases you need to refresh evangelism and empowered shadows when they are spawning. Dot VT on a few of them while they gather up. Mind sear and refresh empowered shadows if it's worth it when the buff fades (make sure to have sw: p running on the boss in the start of black phase to ensure a orb).
    -We use heroism in yellow+black+red(?) phases where I also chose to use my pot.
    -After a yellow+black+red you usually have a ton of adds alive, so if the slime is dying in time you can use mind sear as filler (because those adds dying is actually very important)
    -Get shadowbolt trinket

Also, the more aoe uptime you get the more effective dps you will do. So the stronger your raid group is at aoeing the less uptime you will get. Of course black ooze spawns will also help a lot, but both the times I've gotten ranked we killed 1 black slime and had several non-black spawns, so it's definitely possible without constant aoe uptime.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info Funkthepunk. I don't know the OP intentions but I guess WoL rankings are not his prioritiy but dealing as damage as possible to help the raid killing the boss. Anyway, as I said, ty for the info, I'll use a couple of tips you gave BTW, gratz for the ranking!

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Mind sear does way more dps than any of your dots so any time spend not mind searing = lost dps.
    I would say: Mindsear does way more dps than any of your dots so any time spend not mind searing = personal dps loss but it's a raid dps gain.
    Last edited by mmocc46c8e1895; 2012-02-09 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Thanks for the info Funkthepunk. I don't know the OP intentions but I guess WoL rankings are not his prioritiy but dealing as damage as possible to help the raid killing the boss. Anyway, as I said, ty for the info, I'll use a couple of tips you gave BTW, gratz for the ranking!

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 12:59 AM ----------

I would say: Mindsear does way more dps than any of your dots so any time spend not mind searing = personal dps loss but it's a raid dps gain.
    I'm pretty sure that the raid will gain more from you AoEing the adds down fast instead of you doing another 1m damage on Yor' during the add phase, the enrage timer is a joke and the adds can actually be a problem for clothusers in terms of damage taken.

Deleted
    I'm not saying you should dot boss because it's the highest priority. I'm saying that dotting the boss is a raid dps gain, imho, but mb I'm wrong.