10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Looking for Videogame Chillout Music

Hi everyone,

My Mom likes to paint. while doing so she listens to chilloutmusic. Instrumental Music that play in the background and isnt too disturbing.. stuff like soft Cafe del mar (or what its called) tunes, or wavesound with asian themes tunes, average Meditationmusic and stuff like that...

She recently got bored of all that "regular" stuff wich "sound all the same" and is looking for something different that fits in that criteria.
    As a connoisseur of Videogame Music i was thinking if there are Masterpieces that she may like. I thought about the Myst Series and listened to my Riven OST at home. But i doubt she would like it cause it sounds too creepy in most parts. But something similar with the same direction..

So i am still wondering... is there music like the stuff she likes...

Any ideas? It shouldnt sound too much electro or 8 bit style

Try these..
    Aquaria (for dreamy feeling)
    Final Fantasy (for epic feeling)
    Silent Hill (for sad/creepy feeling)

enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll definitely second Aquaria as above poster said.

But I'd really suggest you to buy the game music bundle (aquaria is a part of this one as well). It's 20 video game soundtracks for just 10$, or 30 soundtracks for 15$. There are a lot of chill albums between those, and while I haven't heard all of them yet the ones I have heard are really good. The bundle is definitely worth buying in my opinion.
    http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/
    Last edited by Ishu; 2012-02-18 at 12:41 AM.

I recall Little Big Planet having some chill tunes. Youtube any of the Chrono Cross tracks, they are a mix of strings and wind instruments. Awesome game in general actually!

You could try Legend of Zelda music. Plenty of calm, soothing, or dreamlike pieces come from it.