Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Graphics being the focus more than the actual game, I honestly dont care how a game looks if it doesn't improve the gameplay. Think of when games went from 8bit to 16bit, or when games started becoming 3d, it changed gameplay for the better dramatically. Most of the new games out there cant seem to do that anymore. On top of that the majority of games are made for consoles now as well, and the technology is horribly dated. So even if they wanted to go crazy with the graphics were still left with a sub par product.

Other than that, people who complain about everything on the forums. This is mostly my fault though because the forums are a place for people to vent their frustrations even if they are unreasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man thats the easiest question, its DLC.
    1. Download only games. Sure they may be awesome games but in the future your not going to be able to play them again unless your good at finding ROM's if they even work right. Xbox Live and PSN aren't going to be around forever so all those games on the market place will eventually have to come out on disc (if were lucky) or they all just float around in cyber space. You wont be able o play them like you can with Atari, NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, or 64. If those games were download only back then they would all be in the cyber space where you would have to go searching for them online and probably download them to a ROM when you could've just had a simple disc to put in the system. But i guess people find putting a disc in their system is too much wok so they rather have it be download. Now having it be downloadable is no problem, if we can have a CHOICE to download or have it on disc i find no problem with that but making it so some games are downloadable ONLY gets me pissed off. I don't know how game designers can proud of themselves when their game that he/she made comes out to be download only. Wouldn't you be more proud if it was an actual game that was sold in stores? There are so many download games i want to play but im not wasting the hard drive space.

2. Add-on content. This is just making the game designers more lazy. I mean the games today are very good but compared to the amount of creativity and work done to the game back when there wasn't add-on content, it makes the games today look very lazily made. A good example i like to use, Timespltters 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect (especially Future Perfect). Look how much content there is in those games. It has a butt load of challenge modes and multiplayer modes (that you can also play with bots so its not like you HAVE to play against another person, which is how most FPS games these days are) the amount of characters to choose from, which i think it was like around 50-60 or something like that and they aren't just different colors either they're ACTUAL different characters, the maps it has that you can UNLOCK YES UNLOCK by beating certain challenges and just by beating the campaign (you can also unlock characters by beating certain levels in the campaign mode) and then of course the campaign which is also CO-OP and has a fun story. Not to mention that the music in the game is just plain awesome. Now if you know what game im talking about compare that to say Call of Duty or Battlefield or any other FPS these days. Timesplitters 2 and FP (Future Perfect) make them look so small and boring. These days if you want more maps and characters you have to pay $10-$20 just so you can have 3 new maps and characters that should've been in the game in the first place. You get literally nothing for completing the campaign of a game anymore except a little achievement or trophy that doesn't give you anything either might i add. Oh that's right SOME games you may unlock a higher difficulty that's about it.

There's probably more i forgot to mention but that's mainly what i hate about the games today.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    Release Day DLC
    Pre-order bonuses
    Having to type in a damn code just to use multiplayer. Or having to buy DLC content that comes with the game if you buy it used or get it as a promo (/glare ME2 Cerberus Network)
    Generally DLC that should have been part of the main game. I remember when a game was released finished and working, not released at 75% and then having to wait for that last 25% to be finished
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Games that would be better played with a controller while playing on a computer. (Basically console ports)
    Some DLC

Today is a great example, cash shops and microtransactions.

$25 will get you this brand new shiny mount from the Blizzard store.
    $25 can also get you a used copy of skyrim or dark souls which yields a ton of hours of gameplay.

I don't have the exact numbers, but apparently this mount yielded millions of profit already? How can people expect developers to improve their content when they can get away with wasting time and resources on designing specific cash shop mounts, and then rewarding them with a ton of profit? This model breeds laziness in developing and it will only get worse in games if companies can pull this off.

Wow's subscriber base should be embarrassed for letting this cash shop succeed, I would've never expected this thing to even exist during the BC era. It was against their culture as a studio and here we are in 2012 with the complete opposite happening. Thank you new wave of gamers, thank you.

Me getting my pvp weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming changing to appease to the modern day "instant gratification" generation, rather than sticking to their guns of difficulty and effort and getting people to realise that you need to play the damn games to beat them.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drm, motion controls including dance pads, consoles for holding back pc game developement and any company that exclusively develops for a platform that I don't own or want to own.

I'll admit some drm is good as it can keep people in check in multiplayer games by discouraging them from cheating knowing they will have to buy a new copy if they get banned. Overall most of it just pisses off legit buyers and the pirates end up with a less restrictive version of the game or software.

Motion controls are just lame. When I game its to relax not get a work out. That's what the gym/fitness center is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolirion View Post
    Sports game . Can't understand how people prefer playing sport on a sofa rather then outdoor
    some of us have physical disabilities and can't do it, why do you have to consider everyone to be exactly like yourself?

15+ Year Old Account
    Big companies buying smaller companies that make games actually worth playing.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is difficult for me; I think it's easier for me to say what they are doing 'right' and what I'd appreciate being focused on. I love the style for Skyrim and the Fallout series. I would like more games like these, the type of style from quests to design. To say what I don't want would not be as helpful; saying what I do like, is! To me at least.

"We all die, that's just a natural part of life. But if you are living without a purpose, you're already dead." -Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Deleted
    Game and other UK retailers forcing certain games to not be available upon release in UK until several months ( and even sometimes DLC ) later.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Three things I hate where gaming is going these days.

1. DLC: Why should I have to pay extra to buy costumes, maps, guns, etc.? I think its fine for cheap $15 games but for a $60 its not needed.

2. Poorly ported console ports: A lot of console hits that are ported on to the PC are 99% of the time broken on day one release. Do they not test it?

3. Rushed sequals: There are a lot of amazing games that usually end up with a sequal or yearly installment and most of the time they suck and oh yeah full of DLC.