Deleted

In need of Demo tips for Hagara HC

Heya, I'm in serious need of some tips and tricks for Hagara HC both 10 & 25man. I have defeated it on 25man but I was dead at the time of the kill (no fault of my own). But regardless of my death, my performance was not to my standard... and Hence want to improve!

First off is there any 100% accurate way to tell what phase is coming first? I have been told about looking at the weapons she is holding but apparently thats also not amazingly accurate.

Secondly, CDs and when to use them? Should I prepot, should I use all my cd's at the start (I think not) or wait til the damage debuff she gains after lightning/ice phase?
    When is the best time for the Doomguard?

Thirdly, Ice phase, what kind of cd's/method/tips&tricks should I be using for this phase to down the crystals? Currently I am running round the outside in 10man and just using soulburn 4set, and internal cd's - same in 25man but stacking in the middle and mass multi-dotting.

I realise that Demo is not necessarily the best spec for this fight but I am currently the only 10%er and it is by far my strongest spec.
    I can't provide my armoury as I logged out in my pvp stuff and am at work, but Here are my basics:

Haste: 1681
    Mastery: 20.8ish
    Hit: capped
    Crit: 21% ish

Trinkets I am using are MWC & ICM(normal)
    I also have, (NecroFocus, WoU(LFR), VPLC, DMC:V) - Generally dont use those.

Any hints & tips for that fight specifically would be really helpful!
    Cheers
    Z

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the weapon enchantment is always 100% accurate unless you misinterpreted what the enchant was.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    the weapon enchantment is always 100% accurate unless you misinterpreted what the enchant was.
    Ok cheers for that, can scratch that off the list :P

Deleted
    Indeed, you can predict the phase incoming. A few good tips would be

If it's the frost phase first, you can use your 2 minute CD's on the pull, else i would recommend to save it. Set it up for the 15-20 sec nuke phase you get after a phase ends, and pop your Meta + DG before the phase starts, so you won't have to use GCD's when you can nuke.

As you said, not really a good fight for Demonology, but trinket wise WoU should be better then Insigia of the Corrupted Mind normal mode, if thats what you ment with ICM.

For min maxing, you can also dot up the last crystal you kill before the waves arrive...

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time the first phase is unknown, is sometimes she'll have both weapon enchants (one on each arm). Unless they changed this in the last week.

I would recommend going for the 1993 haste level for the extra corruption tick, helps a bit on the crystals imo.

Even if you don't pop it all at the beginning, you always pre-pot. Based on your dps, you should have an idea of how many phases you'll go through, which will tell you how long the fight is. If it's more than 6min, pop your doomguard at the start to get a second one in. But with the nerfs, idk if it's longer than 6min anymore.

As for ice phase, there's plenty of time to put up immolate on each crystal you go by. And ofc, corruption and BoA. Shadowflame them when running by, and fel flame with nothing left to do but run. Try to keep your pet stuck to one till it's dead, and not just running around half the time with you.

As for using Doomguard, if you do it off the bat, best time is when you have the most procs rolling (power torrent, lightweave, etc), WoU built up as much as you can let it, but while you're pre pot is still active. If the first phase is the lightning phase, do it after that, and just do it when you have as many procs rolling (and internal CD tracker helps with this).