Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    GW2 is going to be the best of these games... so i see it winning! on top now!!! keep the votes coming!

When I voted, GW2 was 3 votes beneath TSW. It's nearly 200 up now.

i voted for secret world...

i was skeptical about this game until i saw Insmouth and Dunwich were locations...

anything lovecraftian is an automatic win in my book.

Also voted for TERA since i support anything that isn't a wow clone.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do look forward to Secret World, although I'm more eagerly awaiting GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by so mad bro View Post
    WoW = for wow addicts
    Nah, mostly it's just that I'm invested in the game and I want to see the new content (and hang out with friends who still play). Beyond that I feel very casual towards WoW; definitely looking forward to new titles/ideas/approaches.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for Guild Wars 2 and Neverwinter.

Chances are Neverwinter won't be that good but I'm still looking forward to it because the original is still my all time favourite game.

Deleted
    where the hell is warhammer 40k: Dark Millenium?

Voted for TERA, GW2, and Firefall

Deleted
    Done - we're now over 300 ahead lol.

To be fair, The Secret World interests me too and I hope it's a fantastic game...but we're not really talking about remotely the same scale (as my interest in GW2).

cool, this was fast

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I still don't know what secret world is.
    The Secret World is a dark, Lovecraftian, MMORPG that happens in the present day world (London, New York, Egypt, New England, etc). It's also changing up some of the "rules" of MMORPGs by not having levels, and not having classes. There's a pool of 500+ skills, and everyone gets to pick from them to craft their own "class".

It's dark. Very dark. And involves playable factions like the Illuminati, Templars, and the Dragon.

Ragnar Tornquist is making the game... same dude who made The Longest Journey (one of the best adventure games of all time), and Dreamfall.

It has huge potential, and I'll be a great game if Funcom doesn't break it.
    Last edited by Borzo; 2012-02-09 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    the GW2 army has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by Harjkun View Post
    the GW2 army has spoken
    I'm gonna have to go to The Secret World forums and get them to fight back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    The Secret World is a dark, Lovecraftian, MMORPG that happens in the present day world (London, New York, Egypt, New England, etc). It's also changing up some of the "rules" of MMORPGs by not having levels, and not having classes. There's a pool of 500+ skills, and everyone gets to pick from them to craft their own "class".

It's dark. Very dark. And involves playable factions like the Illuminati, Templars, and the Dragon.

Ragnar Tornquist is making the game... same dude who made The Longest Journey (one of the best adventure games of all time), and Dreamfall.

It has huge potential, and I'll be a great game if the publisher (Funcom) doesn't break it.
    I did a little more research, and it doesn't look promising at all from what I found on youtube. I had no idea what funcom had developed in the past when I was searching, but the fact that Age of Conan is in their history doesn't really make me excited.

Their aesthetic is kind of lame, of course it's still in development but I think all the characters land squarely in the uncanny valley at the moment.

The way they're handling skills is very similar to Guild Wars 1 actually, minus the class labels. From what I see you only have a few slots for abilities and you have to pick and choose.

I think EA Funcom just scares the crap out of me... I need to look into the game a bit more, because I really couldn't find a good representation of the game through videos. Mostly just in game cinematic cuts and devs telling us what they're doing or planning on doing.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post

It has huge potential, and I'll be a great game if Funcom doesn't break it.
    I'm very much interested in trying The Secret World myself, but I felt the need to emphasize the last bit. That's my only reservation, still I will definitely keep an open mind and try it because it looks like the sort of world I would fall in love with.

I wasn't aware there was a D&D Neverwinter MMO. Must try that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Pissed off Indian spirits?
    No, that's just one of the subzones.

Basically every myth you've ever been told to be false, is actually true in The Secret World. The concept is pretty neat, to be honest. And they're merging the game with "real life" in the sense that solutions to puzzles in the game will be "out in the world" (ie internet, books, etc).

I'm keeping an eye on The Secret World as it has some interesting features and Ragnar Tornquist (Longest Journey) is involved in it, but I'll be wholeheartedly pouncing on Guild Wars 2 the moment it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I did a little more research, and it doesn't look promising at all from what I found on youtube. I had no idea what funcom had developed in the past when I was searching, but the fact that Age of Conan is in their history doesn't really make me excited.

Their aesthetic is kind of lame, of course it's still in development but I think all the characters land squarely in the uncanny valley at the moment.

The way they're handling skills is very similar to Guild Wars 1 actually, minus the class labels. From what I see you only have a few slots for abilities and you have to pick and choose.

I think EA Funcom just scares the crap out of me... I need to look into the game a bit more, because I really couldn't find a good representation of the game through videos. Mostly just in game cinematic cuts and devs telling us what they're doing or planning on doing.
    You get 7 active and 7 passive skills, so it is similar yes.

The uncanny valley videos are from the alpha in 2009-2010, so not really relevant. They did release 2 recent trailers though, one of New England somewhere (with the indian spirits), and the other of egypt.

As for getting burned by Funcom, there's an easy solution to that: Don't preorder. Anyone who preorders any sort of video-game is asking to be burned, and at this point in 2012, they shoudl know better -- I'd even go as far as saying they almost deserve it.

Lol Gw has 1100 now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by so mad bro View Post
    The big loser will be swtor, lol.

Tera = awesome
    GW2 = the most awesome
    WoW = for wow addicts
    Swtor = ...
    Secret World...can't say anything as I'm not familiar with it.
    How can one be addicted to a video game?