Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Most players don't raid?

Okay.
    Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

10 million subs for WOW right? Are you telling me that MORE than 5 million players log onto WOW to raid, at least once a week? Are you sure about that? Or are you just going by the fact that all the 30 people in your raiding guild also raid? Because those 30 people would be a "biased sample".
    Last edited by Borzo; 2012-02-10 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpif View Post
    Isn't it a bit one-sided to leave this at the GW 2, forums? It makes the poll biased and untrue. OP make a petition to transfer the thread to the General stuf or Videogames section.
    The same thread exists in the MoP section too and many there are voting GW2 anyway so what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    There is no explanation in that video. There are just some rhetorical questions such as " is it worth? etc.".
    The video just proves the 2 arguments he quoted there wrong, and that's it.

If GW2 devs are going to pop major patches the size of firelands and dragon soul for free, then it's great, they'll succeed, but if they'll just release the game and not release any more content until the next expansion like they did with GW1, then it will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Swtor was released in 2011. This is 2012 poll, and their polls were not posted on their websites? You don't have a point.
    Okay, there's clearly a communication problem between us.

All I'm saying is that Star Wars has TENS of MILLIONS of fans. Maybe HUNDREDS of MILLIONS. More than all MMORPGs combined!

That one single fact suggests that SWTOR will have a more financially successful launch, compared to a relatively unknown IP such s "Guild Wars".

I'm not saying which game is 'better', or even which game will make more money. I'm not saying which game MMORPG players will like more, or buy more. I'm just saying SWTOR has a HUGE lead in terms of brand awareness.

Go into a Best Buy and ask about Star Wars. Everyone will have heard about it. Now ask about "Guild Wars" and most will give you a blank stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

10 million subs for WOW right? Are you telling me that MORE than 5 million players log onto WOW to raid, at least once a week? Are you sure about that? Or are you just going by the fact that all the 30 people in your raiding guild also raid? Because those 30 people would be a "biases sample".
    I'm disagreeing with you. Majority of the players do raid, hell, wow is so successful only due to it's dungeon and raid system ( yes, not just raids , 5-man dungeons as well ).

What are people going to do in gw2 when they reach max lvl, pvp all the time? wait for world-boss events to happen? what?

If GW2 devs are going to pop major patches the size of firelands and dragon soul for free, then it's great, they'll succeed, but if they'll just release the game and not release any more content until the next expansion like they did with GW1, then it will fail.
    If GW2 focused on end game content at max level I would agree with you, but it doesn't.

All I'm saying is that Star Wars has TENS of MILLIONS of fans.
    Not everyone is into video games, even star wars fans. I am not denying that ToR got some buyers just because they were long time star wars fans, though you can't assume it got the majority just because of the movies. If ToR sales did based almost 100% of the fanbase of starwars the sale would of been more then 2 million.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-10 at 08:58 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

There is no explanation in that video. There are just some rhetorical questions such as " is it worth? etc.".
    The video just proves the 2 arguments he quoted there wrong, and that's it.

GW1 was profitable with that business model. MMOs don't need to duplicate the level of success WoW has had to be considered successful. Besides there should be plenty of content to keep a player busy since a player won't effectively outlevel or outgear content, with content scaling.

If you're gonna toss around meaningless words like "fail", maybe you should define what it means to you?

Also, did GW1 fail? Last time I checked, it was a success with 7 million sales.

They didn't exactly release nothing between expansions, remember sorrows furnace? I expect pvp to be a big part of GW2 endgame like it was in GW1. Besides, GW1 was a success. It sold at least 6.5 million copies last I checked.
    Last edited by delus; 2012-02-10 at 09:25 PM.

I'm disagreeing with you. Majority of the players do raid, hell, wow is so successful only due to it's dungeon and raid system ( yes, not just raids , 5-man dungeons as well ).

What are people going to do in gw2 when they reach max lvl, pvp all the time? wait for world-boss events to happen? what?
    If you're legitimately curious there are stickies with plenty of information to browse through. I suggest you look there. It will answer questions probably better than any one of us without having to type out a lengthy response.

You do know what guild wars 2 is right?

I highly doubt that more than 5 million players raid on a weekly basis, when there's only 10 million subs in total. Hell, I'd be surprised if there's 5 million CHARACTERS that raid weekly.

Isn't there some raiding log on the web that tracks all the raiders in WOW? You're telling me if I were to check those websites I'd get a list of raiders that is over 5,000,000 long?

In Wrath (when WOW was at it's peak), didn't blizzard publicly say that only 10% of subscribers raid? It would seem raiding isn't as important to other people, as it is to you.

Also, there is no "end game" in GW2 like in WOW. There is no gear treadmill. So I can only assume the game won't be for you, and that's fine. But it's a bit... umm... "silly" to assume that the other 10+ million players of MMORPGs are just like you.

I highly doubt that more than 5 million players raid on a weekly basis, when there's only 10 million subs in total. Hell, I'd be surprised if there's 5 million CHARACTERS that raid weekly.
    With LFR, I think its highly possible.

So do any current WOW raiders know what the raid progress tracking websites are? I'm now curious to check if I can find 5,000,000+ raiding characters listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even bother with Strah. If he wants to argue "failing" and "success" about a game, he can learn about it first here.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ated.-READ-ME!
    Don't want to read? Feck off.

Also, that f2p video that you conveniently glossed over (I doubt you watched it, and if you did you're either an idiot or just a bad troll.) explained why a f2p model can work, which is what your first post said could not work. That and no trinity which is baseless and has no real backbone as an argument outside "I'm just a stubborn prick that doesn't like anything different."

Sorry, no patience for idiots.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-02-10 at 09:19 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

So do any current WOW raiders know what the raid progress tracking websites are? I'm now curious to check if I can find 5,000,000+ raiding characters listed.
    I don't think something like that exists. If you are arguing that there are less than 5 million guild raiders I think that's a solid hypothesis. However since at max level there is nothing to do but raid and PvP and we have Looking for raid It's also safe to assume that the majority of players raid.

I don't think something like that exists. If you are arguing that there are less than 5 million guild raiders I think that's a solid hypothesis. However since at max level there is nothing to do but raid and PvP and we have Look for raid It's also safe to assume that the majority of players raid.
    Well, I'll have to fish out the link where Blizz said only 10% of subscribers raid. That's a TINY amount.

Also, at max level I was in a guild with 500 people, and only 10 of them raided. So my personal experience is more like 2%.

I'm sure the LFR thing has changed things. But if 12 million people played and loved WOW, but only like 2.2 million of them raided... well... I think that would suggest that not all MMORPG players are focused on raiding.

Well, I'll have to fish out the link where Blizz said only 10% of subscribers raid. That's a TINY amount.

Also, at max level I was in a guild with 500 people, and only 10 of them raided. So my personal experience is more like 2%.

I'm sure the LFR thing has changed things. But if 12 million people played and loved WOW, but only like 2.2 million of them raided... well... I think that would suggest that not all MMORPG players are focused on raiding.
    Don't know how people still play WoW and not raid since there isn't anything to do other then PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how people still play WoW and not raid since there isn't anything to do other then PvP.
    And leveling alts.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    And leveling alts.
    Yea that only takes 3 hours.