Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Maybe, but just barely. Link:

mmodata.net

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

If you add up all the other MMORPGs, they might just barely add up to 10 million. I think it's safe to say that approximately half of the MMORPG market plays WOW.
    Yes, and with LFR it's safe to assume that most players do raid because it's that easy you don't seem to understand how easy. Weather they got into WoW though just for raiding is unknown.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-10 at 10:39 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you want to be a highly anticipated game. It is kind of like being on the cover of Madden, the kiss of death.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I don't think you want to be a highly anticipated game. It is kind of like being on the cover of Madden, the kiss of death.
    Given it's a game that generates revenue from box sales I don't see how being highly anticipated is a kiss of death for it, but okay then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    The reason why games of popular note turn out to be duds is because of overhyping about a game from people who know little to none about the game and its development.

As far as we have seen, Arenanet has given us almost every single feature in full detail when they are able to, which is something almost no other company has done before. ToR didnt have that much coverage on its features. And I am not talking about inside sources mind you, I am talking about public statements about their plans for the game, the only thing that isn't mentioned is covered by the NDA, which for the most part is nonexistent aside from being a piece of paper.

On top of this, I really dont think GW2 has that much gype given to it outside of the MMO community, only a handful of people even know of it, and thats only a fraction of the MMO community. I cant tell you how many people I talk to who didn't even know a sequel to Guild Wars was being made, and thought it was going to be the same as the first one.

The kiss of death only holds true when you know little about the game. As for the people addictively following the game's development, there isn't much we DON'T know about this game, aside from first hand testing.

Oh, and one more thing:

Time to face the truth, never say never...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't see how widespread anticipation can be considered a bad thing. Yes, some MMORPGs that have had widespread anticipation have flopped. Some have done fairly well, but a few have actually lived up to the hype.

It's not like the lack of success in those MMORPGs that didn't do as well is because they got too many followers prior to launch.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Knock off the game bashing guys. Final warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Well yes it's personal opinion... but I think it's important. If only 10% of MMORPG players are interested in raiding, then I'm sure lots of standard MMORPG players will play a game like GW2. If it turns out that more than 50% of WOW players are interested in raiding, then GW2 might have trouble getting lots of players.
    I think this is too much black/white colouring... Darkademic has a great response to this:
    Concerns About the Content's Nature

In terms of the the nature of the content, players are unsure whether Guild Wars 2 will cater to certain types of players, in particular to hardcore raiders due to an apparent lack of anything that has similar characteristics to raids (i.e. challenging, instanced encounters designed for premade groups of more than five players).

The answer to this is quite straightforward, and requires these players to define what specific qualities they need in the game in order for them to enjoy it. Dynamic events and explorable mode dungeons will both fulfil certain combinations of the qualities offered by raids, but not all of them.

For example, if raiding appeals to you because of the large number of players involved, or because of the "epic" feel of fighting massive bosses, then dynamic events are exactly what you want. Conversely, if raiding appeals to you because of the challenge—the difficulty of the encounters and the requirements of preparation and teamwork—then explorable mode dungeons will provide you with these things.

If however you absolutely must have all of these characteristics within a single type of content, then Guild Wars 2 most likely will not be for you, at least in this respect.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Eat-the-Carrot

I hope pandaland turns into a puddle of horse shit.

OH wait it's already a puddle of horse shit. Hopefully blizzard learns from guild wars 2 and tries to be new and innovative.

I already warned against game bashing in this thread, please don't do it. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-11 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    I hope pandaland turns into a puddle of horse shit.

OH wait it's already a puddle of horse shit. Hopefully blizzard learns from guild wars 2 and tries to be new and innovative.
    That's a little bit unfair. You hope another game turns into horse shit? It's just a video game? How can a person hate a video game so much that you want it to turn to shit? Games are supposed to be for other people to have fun in... why would you hope someone else's fun is ruined?

And how is it already a puddle of horse shit? You're comparing and expansion that hasn't come out yet, to a new game, that also hasn't come out yet. That makes no sense man...

If we were talking about American politics, or maybe religion or something, I can see people getting worked up and frothing at the mouth... but these are just 2 video games dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    The same thread exists in the MoP section too and many there are voting GW2 anyway so what's the difference?
    I am fairly sure that many people have blocked certain parts of the "recent forum posts" board which in extension causes biasedness in the polls since people who do not like the said games (MoP and Gw2 for example), yet they are anticipating TSW and TERA, will not find these threads, thus will not contribute with their votes to the outcome.

When I walk in the spot,
    (yea) this is what I see (okaay)
    Everybody stops and they voting for thee
    I see fanboys in these threads and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it...
    It's biased and you know it..!

Ps: I also voted GW2 cause I decided to make it my next thing after WoW, but I managed to do so, through here, only cause I have blocked any WoW/SWTOR/Rift-related content.
    Last edited by mmoc05267c7c71; 2012-02-13 at 03:30 PM.