Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I know i will be able to run it on this PC, it's a mid range computer i got it for around 800 bucks, could've been cheaper if i built it myself but oh well.

CPU: i5-2320 @ 3.00GHz quad
    RAM: 6GB
    GPU: GTX 550ti
    Screen res: 1680x1050

was running everything on max setting in the betas (except for shadow on low and AA off) was getting a solid 60 frames while exploring around, dipped to around 35-40 in action and only problem i found was dips to sub 35 while looking at large bodies of water, turning off reflections would have probably fixed that, i hope? I am happy with how it runs on this PC, a gpu upgrade would probably run it on max setting at 60 all the time. Hope this helps someone with a similar setup, it runs really good.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 / 2.53 GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS - 512.0 MB GDDR3 SDRAM
    screen res: 1680 x 1050 ( WSXGA+ )

Its like a 4 year old asus gaming lap top. the G50VT

What do you guys think? I can run WoW pretty smooth on ultra, around 25-40 FPS average with min being about 15 and max 60. im running almost consistent 60fps on avg-high.

You think GW2 will run ok?
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

CPU: QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
    RAM: 2x2GB OCZ Gold XTC OCZ3G1600LV2G CL7
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC EDITION
    Mainboard : Asus M4A87TD/USB3

Im really fine the performans of the game with my pc. Every graphics in high + AA + shadow etc. in out of rush and out of combat i take +100 fps. In rush and out of combat i take 60-70 fps. In rush and in combat i take around 40fps(in pvp area). But i didnt test it in WvW. How is it?

Deleted
    Good news for Nvidia users;

This driver is mainly for Kepler regarding GW2. It will boost certain Fermi based card performance (read: GTX 560 Ti and 570 the most of the bunch)

The GTX 670 and 680 will run properly and boost properly using the new driver, and their performance will be more in equilibrium.

Basically, you Fermi users are looking at a healthy 5-45% performance boost, but not necessarily on minimum fps only (so the overall impact might not be quite as significant as perhaps you're hoping). You Kepler users are looking at a more sizable 20-70% performance boost, but that boost will generally be in the area of minimum fps, not maximum, so your averages should improve well.

As for 8000/9000 and GT200 series owners? You're looking at a very minor bump, approx 3-10% in most situations. Unfortunately, the unified driver tweaks don't carry as well to the much older architectures.

However, it might be time to lay down a few bucks for a new GTX 650 or GTX 660 (Ti or otherwise). That would probably be a dramatic upgrade if you're still rocking a GTX 285 or below.

As for specific fixes...

All I can say is, most of those are focused on optimizing and tweaking internal features to match up with GW2's engine features, which will smooth out performance even more, especially with more options enabled (super-sampling, FXAA, shadow settings, etc)

One specific fix that I can mention is nVidia implementing an override to use their own FXAA3 technology instead of the built in engine's, which is superior not just in image quality, but in performance and is better optimized for nVidia's architecture.

Source ; http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...river-for-gw2/

Deleted
    It seems the game really need a big CPU.
    I have an i7 920 à 2.6ghz, 12GB ram and a radeon 7970 and I hardly reach 60 fps with everything at max, shadows on medium, no supersampling and no fxaa. I'm running in 1600x1200.

I'll try to overclock the CPU to 3ghz, but I need a better thermal compound before doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here I go:

Processor 2.3 GHz Frequency, Turbo Boost 3.3 GHz
    Processor Cache 6 MB
    Intel ® Core ™ i7 Quad-Core 3610QM (Ivy Bridge)
    RAM 8 GB, Type DDR3-1600 RAM
    Hard Drive 750 GB
    Screen Size 15.6 "
    Type LCD HD 1366x768 pixels
    Graphics Card AMD Radeon ™ HD 7670M
    Graphics Memory 2 GB
    Arukas

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Geezus christ your on the ball, i only checked for new drivers like 2 hrs ago LOL - Thanks again (Mif for Mod?)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    (Mif for Mod?)
    Yeah. I'm sure that would go over well. He's never been so much as infracted!
    ... =P

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Are those the drivers we have been hearing about?
    I would assume so since I updated and the GW2 launcher no longer gives me a message about having obsolete drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are those the drivers we have been hearing about?
    They're just a newer beta version not a full release, but they should have some GW2 improvements in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Yeah. I'm sure that would go over well. He's never been so much as infracted!
    ... =P
    Minor detail.. pmsl

I was being sarcastic though, hard to convey sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so can we expect the full release in the next few days?
    Rumor has the official driver release to be on the 15th or failing that the 21st.
    So with a bit of luck we should have a new driver before the stress test tomorrow

Deleted
    I hope AMD is working on their drivers too. Even though the game ran fine, it could have been better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oglok View Post
    I hope AMD is working on their drivers too. Even though the game ran fine, it could have been better.
    AMD tends to be a bit slower with driver releases than Nvidia, but not by too much.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 07:41 PM ----------

Either way, I did not notice an FPS increase with these new drivers. Guess i'll have to wait for the official release of the driver and see if that gives me better results.

Hello, I'm currently looking at my PC I use for gaming and wondering if I will be able to run GW2 at a decent setting.

My spec's are:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ 3.2GHz

RAM: 4 Gigs "would upgrading to my max of 8 make a big differences?"

GPU: Geforce GTX 260 (for some reason it says I have 2669 total memory not sure I always thought I had 886)

If you have a GPU upgrade recommendation that would be cool to!
    Last edited by Wafflemonster; 2012-08-15 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflemonster View Post
    Hello, I'm currently looking at my PC I use for gaming and wondering if I will be able to run GW2 at a decent setting.

My spec's are:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ 3.2GHz

RAM: 4 Gigs

GPU: Geforce GTX 260 (for some reason it says I have 2669 total memory not sure I always thought I had 886)
    I got a AMD 64 X2 6000+ myself but with a GF 470GT (4 gb ram) but running vista 32 atm. The game can run on ultra (well max settings) between 12-31 fps but I lowered most settings to medium and it stays between 20-40 fps.. I can't run wvwvw (atleast last stress test it lagged like hell). My res is 1920x1080 btw.

But the PvE part ran pretty smooth if there wasn't any server side lag (somehow that lowers my fps).

Also have to mention that the fps difference between medium/low is hardly notable.

Now is the GF 470 GT a better GPU?

Hmm, I keep getting 20 fps max on GW2, even when I go down to the lowest graphical settings. Here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU - 2.8 GHz
    Windows 7 (32-bit)
    RAM 4GB
    ATI Radeon DH 4600

Thinking of getting a new graphics card, maybe the Radeon 6880 (or whatever it is). What do people reckon, should I be getting a better fps really?

10+ Year Old Account
    New ATI Catalyst 12.8 drivers:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=367183

Improved GW2 CAP profile for those running Crossfire:
    http://benchmark3d.com/catalyst-appl...les-12-7-cap-2