Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkeoughjr View Post
    Hello all comming from 7 yrs of WoW never played guild wars 1 but i hear alit of people talking about 2 and watching videos has got me intrested in it and willing to give it a try to see if its that good or just another swtor hype basically i wanna know if i got it how would my comp run it ??

AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

[CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
    Corsair or Major Brand (All Venom OC Levels Certified)

AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card
    Unfortunately that video card isn't going to be able to perform well in the game. You may get away with acceptable FPS with most settings on low to medium with shadows turned off.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I don't think you can really rely on benches right now. The optimization with this games is completely bonkers for a handful of cards. I can run around most areas perfectly fine settings maxed capped at 60 FPS, but then when there's a bunch of stuff in the distance, my 560 ti will shoot down to 35% usage and my FPS will dip into the 30s with no additional strain on the CPU. Something isn't right.

Cards that the game has issues with are seemingly missing out of the benchmarks from Tom's. The 6850, 560 ti and most widely reported, the 7850.

Basically, there needs to be a buttload of optimization done on Arenanet's end. For what the game is pumping out visually, a 7970 or 670 shouldn't be capping out @ 70 FPS.
    I sooner think nvidia is able to deal with this than arenanet is.

Unless there is an obvious bug with the game. But then all videocards should be affected, no?

i5 3570k - 4.4ghz
    GB z77 mobo
    jetstream gtx 670 2gb
    8GB (4gbx2) Corsair Vengeance dual-channel
    1920x1080 120hz 3d LED running everything on Ultra, play between 80-100 fps dropping to about 60-70 during world bosses.
    301.42 drivers running the game + OS off SSD.
    50c temps max.
    Last edited by xStevooo; 2012-08-29 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    i5 3570k - 4.4ghz
    jetstream gtx 670 2gb
    8GB (4gbx2) Corsair Vengeance dual-channel
    1920x1080 120hz 3d LED running everything on Ultra, play between 80-100 fps dropping to about 60-70 during world bosses.
    301.42 drivers running the game + OS off SSD.
    40c temps max.
    80-100fps? Do you native sample or supersample? Because i'm not getting anywhere near that with my EVGA 670 FTW while supersampling...

Also, that driver is known to uphold gw2 performance. I recommend you updating to the latest beta driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    80-100fps? Do you native sample or supersample? Because i'm not getting anywhere near that with my EVGA 670 FTW while supersampling...

Also, that driver is known to uphold gw2 performance. I recommend you updating to the latest beta driver.
    Yeahh i updated to 306.02 but haven't played the game since the update so can't comment :P
    And that's native btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I sooner think nvidia is able to deal with this than arenanet is.

Unless there is an obvious bug with the game. But then all videocards should be affected, no?
    Many cards were during the stress tests and beta weekends from what I could tell on the forums. At the time it seemed like the entire 6xx line, the 69xx and 68xx line, the 560 ti / 460 / vanilla 560 and the 7850 all had the same issue.

Arenanet initially came out and advised everyone to downclock the effected cards to their reference settings, and that somewhat cleared the AMD 6xxx problems. However it didn't for the rest of them. Afterwards Arenanet came out and said it was an intended design decision for all cards to be lightly used in comparison to CPUs (think WoW), but later retracted that response altogether.

Fast forward to the last couple stress tests, and almost all of the performance issues seemed to be ironed out aside from the 560 ti/7850/6850 (haven't seen much on the 6870 so I don't know?).

Just looking at EVGA precision makes me scratch my head walking around in Queensdale. I'll have 50% or so usage in less detailed or populated zones, but as soon as I start looking at a place with a lot of objects in the distance, GPU usage will plummet and CPU usage stays the same.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Unfortunately that video card isn't going to be able to perform well in the game. You may get away with acceptable FPS with most settings on low to medium with shadows turned off.
    Seriously? Ughh kinda disappointing i was figuring a mix of med-high with shaders and shadows off, if not is there any cheap upgrades? Like maybe another 7750 crossfired?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree the benches are unreliable and the optimization is wonky. But this is atleast something to go on, so far in most GW2-related builds I haven't been able to give more than a "I honestly have no idea how GW2 will run" kind of a reply.

As for cards "capping out" at 70 fps, keep in mind that is the average. In some enclosed areas I've reached 120 (vSync on) while in others I sit at ~50. Keeping some form of AA on is important otherwise the jaggies really ruin my lovely screenshots

I'll be installing 306.02 tonight and seeing how it turns out.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    If you already had 304.xx it will hardly if at all make a difference in gw2. I just updated a few hours ago and the gain was maybe 1-2 avg fps.

I'm in all honesty not keeping track of my framerate at all times but when i open the options window i pretty much always see ~70.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? Ughh kinda disappointing i was figuring a mix of med-high with shaders and shadows off, if not is there any cheap upgrades? Like maybe another 7750 crossfired?
    NoooOOooo stay away from crossfire with low-end cards. Especially crossfire in GW2, the game is already volatile with certain setups so god knows what sort of headaches crossfire could cause. Best case scenario a small fps boost, medium case it won't even pick up the second card, worst case it will crash and crash and crash.

As I've already stated the game can run very smoothly on low-end cards IF you drop the settings down to low-medium.

I've been playing around with the ingame graphics settings but I can't for the life of me find 1-2 specific settings that have the biggest impact on performance. Almost all the settings only vary ~3-4 fps ranging from lowest to highest for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh by the way. Playing the game in fullschreen helps FPS a lot. I went from 60~65 to 80-85+.

need help.

So basically bench testing my PC, my processor is bottlenecking me for performance. I currently have an AMD Athlon II X2 255 3.1ghz dual core processor. This is an AM3 socket CPU. My motherboard is the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3. According to ASUS, with a BIOS update, I can run an AM3+ socket processor. So, my question is, should I go with the new 8 core AMD AM3+ processor or should I play it safe and go with a 6 core AM3 socket processor? My dilemma is that the 8 core is only $40 more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to what? Windowed? Fullscreen windowed?

A word of caution, My Asus GTX 670 DC2 Top has given me fits with this game. The card boosts to 1293mhz and is totally stable in Crysis. I can't run it this way for 10 minutes of GW2 without crash and driver restart. I had to actually go in MSI Afterburner and turn down boost clock -30mhz to stop the crashing.

Hopefully the next full release driver will make the game run more stable.

i don't know how those benchmarks were set up, but they are miles from my personnal experience...

Im using a slightly overclocked GTX560 ti (833 Mhz) from Asus' DCUII line and I run everything completely maxed @ a constant 50+ fps. The card does run a little hotter then i'd like (60ish degrees) but still well within the safe zone.
    Last edited by Nikijih; 2012-08-29 at 07:03 PM.

Hey guys I ordered a laptop mainly for GW2. I know laptops are not good for gaming unless you spend tons of money but since a mobile computer is must for me it had to be a laptop. Anyway here is the spec:

i7 3610QM 2.2Ghz turbo boost to 3.3ghz
    8gb ddr3 ram @ 1600mhz
    Nvidia GT 630M 2gb DDR3

My question is that will I be able to play the game at ~60 fps with low settings(I'm have some serious problems low FPS) and and cooler is okay?

also I'm getting a laptop cooler that is Zalman NC 2000. Is it any good?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-29 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikijih View Post
    i don't know how those benchmarks were set up, but they are miles from my personnal experience...

Im using a slightly overclocked GTX560 ti (833 Mhz) from Asus' DCUII line and I run everything completely maxed @ a constant 50+ fps. The card does run a little hotter then i'd like (60ish degrees) but still well within the safe zone.
    No you're not.

Completely maxed includes supersampling

Will I be able to run at ~60 FPS at low/mid settings

i7 3610QM 2.2Ghz turbo boost to 3.3ghz
    8gb ddr3 ram @ 1600mhz
    Nvidia GT 630M 2gb DDR3

thank you in advance

Deleted
    No offence but he has radeon 7750 that is good graphic card.

Last i checked guild wars 2 requirements are ATI Radeon™ X1800, ok it can be minimum but there is a massive difference between those video cards.

I have radeon 5770 and i can run sw tor pretty smooth and it have the same minimum system requirements as guild wars 2 so with that you should be any problem on high in my opinion.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 10:31 PM ----------

Look mate minimal system requirements for guild wars 2 are:

Guild Wars 2 Minimum System Requirements*

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better

GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)

You have much better graphic card then those, i think he doesn't know what he is saying.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 10:34 PM ----------

I have Athlon x2 250, radeon 5770 and no offence but most of the time i was around 30-40 fps in sw tor and it has the same minimal system requirements as guild wars 2 so you kinda are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minimal system requirements is something else than a wishful experience. Actually minimal system requirements is probebly going to run the game at 30fps on lowest @ everything.

Saying he will get low-medium with shadows off isn't unreal at all, unless he doesn't care about a stable 60fps.

Although shadows don't have nearly the impact in this game as they have on wow.