Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korvasieni View Post
    Hi all! I'm a complete noob with computers. I know absolutely nothing (NOTHING) about computers. And I have no idea about GW2's system requirements. I think my computer is pretty decent, but better safe than sorry, eh? Also, I don't know what stuff you need to know, so I'll just tell you everything that sounds important. Here goes:

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor ~2.80GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX11
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Resolution: 1366 x 768 (Thinking about buying a new screen, this one is weird-shaped. I got it cheap from a friend.)
    You'll manage ultra on that screen.
    If you go up to 1080, you might just make ultra, but might drop to very high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    As Diamond said if you can run DX11 you should have no trouble running Guild Wars 2.
    Oh. Well, thank you, I suppose. I just really know nothing about computers. For example, I have no idea what DX11 is. And you people have no idea how long it took me to find my system information! Not trying to grow an e-peen or... e-boobies. >_>

E: And thanks Mif! :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it runner smoother than the most recent MMO that was released? The graphics in GW2 look much better so I was really worried.

My specs are better than OP's, but I did not see anywhere if they said they can run it or not.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Does it runner smoother than the most recent MMO that was released? The graphics in GW2 look much better so I was really worried.

My specs are better than OP's, but I did not see anywhere if they said they can run it or not.
    It should be well optimized and will run well. Look at TERA's graphics, they're very good aswell and you'd think it'd take a beast to run but it doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derkin View Post
    You want to know how will your PC handle GW 2 ? Go benchmark it in games like Battlefield 3 or The Witcher 2. If you can run those games without problem, there is just no way it will perform worse in Guild Wars 2. You will get "the worst case scenerio" with your settings and fps in those games you would get in GW 2. Unless ANet complietly screw optimalization, which I doubt they will.
    Your wrong, the games you listed do not use umbra, and umbra is used in guildwars 2 it is a huge difference in optimization and will run better then thoes games, dont judge your benchmarking based on the graphics.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korvasieni View Post
    Hi all! I'm a complete noob with computers. I know absolutely nothing (NOTHING) about computers. And I have no idea about GW2's system requirements. I think my computer is pretty decent, but better safe than sorry, eh? Also, I don't know what stuff you need to know, so I'll just tell you everything that sounds important. Here goes:

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor ~2.80GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX11
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Resolution: 1366 x 768 (Thinking about buying a new screen, this one is weird-shaped. I got it cheap from a friend.)
    Go for an asus ve276q monitor its hd picture in picture hdmi and dvi comes with a vga to dvi cord and is 27inch led backlit and 2ms refresh rate, it is however not 3D.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    i7 2600k
    8 GB ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
    Windows 7 64bit

How will my setup run it?
    Like a boss, gratz.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 08:34 PM ----------

To anyone using the thread for bragging rights, the purpose of the thread is to help people who may not know if they can run guildwars2.
    Any computer bought new in the last 3 years will run it fine in ultra, anything up to 5 years on high, anything in 7 years on medium-high shadows off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It should be well optimized and will run well. Look at TERA's graphics, they're very good aswell and you'd think it'd take a beast to run but it doesn't.
    I hope so. My last experience with a new MMO has given me much lowered expectations for games in general. Hopefully they are not releasing until the known bugs are at least fixed.

Are they using an unproven/unfinished engine or does GW2 use a solid engine that has proven to be reliable?
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    I hope so. My last experience with a new MMO has given me much lowered expectations for games in general. Hopefully they are not releasing until the known bugs are at least fixed.

Are they using an unproven/unfinished engine or does GW2 use a solid engine that has proven to be reliable?
    Solid engine, i.e. the one they used for GW1 but enhanced and improved, and they're using Umbra onto that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU2L7IdYDVc : About "Umbra" if you don't know what it is. :P

Deleted
    They're using modified version of GW1's engine in which they're really familiar with.

Guild Wars 2 uses a heavily modified Guild Wars game engine which includes support for true 3D environments, more detailed environments and models, better lighting and shadows, new animation and effects systems, plus new audio and cinematics engines and a more flexible combat and skill-casting system. It uses Havok to provide destructible environment and ragdoll animation of creatures and Umbra's occlusion culling technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an upgraded GW1 engine.

To put things in perspective, one of the founders of ArenaNet and current CEO is Mike O'Brien. When he worked for Blizzard he developed Battle.net, wrote the 3D engine for Warcraft 3, invented the MPQ archives that Blizzard still use, and had a hand in coding Diablo 1 and 2, as well as Starcraft. So when the boss has a resume like that, you can be sure the company has a very strong code base, and isn't really the kind of place you'd last very long if you write buggy bad code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! That is very reassuring. Nice to know that they are just improving upon something they are very familiar with instead of experimenting with something new and unreliable.

Still trying to not get my hopes up.
    I like sandwiches

if your comp can run GW1 at high to between medium and high

it will run GW2 atleast on low settings

CPU i7-920 @2.67GHz
    raedon 4850 - 1 gig
    9 gig ddr3
    vista 64bit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    if your comp can run GW1 at high to between medium and high

it will run GW2 atleast on low settings
    I think that's going to be a stretch considering the requires for GW1. They said you might be able to run low if you can run GW1 maxed out, since they're trying to cater to as many as possible.

I'm starting to wonder if this thread implies that a lot of people don't understand the basis of their goal to "aim at mid-range PC's" or that people just want to show off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craind View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if this thread implies that a lot of people don't understand the basis of their goal to "aim at mid-range PC's" or that people just want to show off.
    Just ignore them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craind View Post
    The later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! That is very reassuring. Nice to know that they are just improving upon something they are very familiar with instead of experimenting with something new and unreliable.

Still trying to not get my hopes up.
    That almost sounds sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    That almost sounds sarcastic.
    Nope. Not at all. Very good news to know that they did not pick some rubbish engine up and try to rebuild/recode around it.

Now I just hope they let me bind to my mouse wheel A little sarcasm there, but I do hope they do.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I was informed that GW2 is going to run on the Havok engine. Wasn't that engine developed after GW1?
    Even if they're using a familiar engine, I still give them props for pulling off how amazing the game looks, and I hope it won't be limiting like the modified WC3 engine has been for about 3 years. Then again WoW is 7 years old, so I can't blame it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Wait, I was informed that GW2 is going to run on the Havok engine. Wasn't that engine developed after GW1?
    Even if they're using a familiar engine, I still give them props for pulling off how amazing the game looks, and I hope it won't be limiting like the modified WC3 engine has been for about 3 years. Then again WoW is 7 years old, so I can't blame it.
    They use Havok to provide destructible environment and ragdoll animation of creatures and Umbra's Occlusion culling technology. And yes they use a moded version of the gw engine, you werent miss informed
    Last edited by mmoc2f42a3101f; 2012-02-12 at 11:57 PM.