High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
    intel core i5 processor 2300
    Nvidia GeForce GT 420 1024 mb
    1 tb hd
    6gb DDR3
    24 inch screen (1920x1080)
    sorry for posting again, i really wanna know if i can play this game or do i need to start saving up

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think a EVGA 9500 GT and a AMD 64 FX x2 2500 will run GW2?
    To put it simply, I was able to play Age of Conan on medium settings with 30 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tury123 View Post
    1 tb hd
    6gb DDR3
    sorry for posting again, i really wanna know if i can play this game or do i need to start saving up
    im sure it'll run fine, not sure at highest settings unless you upgrade the Graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tury123 View Post
    1 tb hd
    6gb DDR3
    Your CPU is fine but a GT 420 is a painfully low end graphics card. I'd say you could run the game at very low settings, but you should save for a new GPU. There are plenty of good options for under $200 that would be 10x faster than a gt420

Deleted
    Hello

Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+

Graphics card : ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO

RAM : 2.0G
    Last edited by mmoc26f9aa687a; 2012-02-22 at 04:18 PM.

CPU - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01ghz
    Ram - 3gb
    Video Card - NVIDIA GTX 460se
    OS - Windows 7 32bit
    Monitor resolution - 1280x1024

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Just watched Mike B's dungeon run and he's using an i7-920 and 5770 and getting 60FPS without fraps in the beta. Not sure what graphic settings he's using but it's looking good!
    He's using a yucky generation cpu and getting good performance... this is looking good. I had a 920, thing heated up fast as fuck and hyperthreading was shoddy at best.

Every time this gets bumped before the system requirements are out, a baby dies.
    And not even like an alien looking Asura baby, or a seed Sylvari baby. I mean one of these little guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Every time this gets bumped before the system requirements are out, a baby dies.
    And not even like an alien looking Asura baby, or a seed Sylvari baby. I mean one of these little guys.
    That thing dying is a bad thing?

Tbh, yeah, I find this thread rather pointless. System requirements are not out, game not optimized yet (I REALLY hope that's the case, because ->), people with 6-core CPUs, tons of RAM and great videos reporting 30 fps, etc. And yet random people advice other people how the game would run on their PCs. I mean, for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    Tbh, yeah, I find this thread rather pointless. System requirements are not out, game not optimized yet (I REALLY hope that's the case, because ->), people with 6-core CPUs, tons of RAM and great videos reporting 30 fps, etc. And yet random people advice other people how the game would run on their PCs. I mean, for real?
    (6cores are utilized in no games currently, that's why quad-cores are currently the most used and generally the best, as in, good quad cores are better for games than 6cores of the same price.)

DON'T YOU HATE ON MAH CHARR BABBYS.
    (Yes, babbys. It's the only word I've picked up from Simon and Lewis that stuck.)

If only every publisher/developer rolled out simple DIAG tools to run a check on their hardware specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Death to you, your offspring, and your offspring's offspring!

Phenom II 1090T @ 4.2 Ghz
    Msi r lightning 6970 xfire @ 1045 core
    16 Gigs of vengeance 1866 Mhz
    Crosshair v Formula mobo
    Win7 64 bit
    Im hoping for good crosfire support, and a more balanced Gpu/cpu spread of workloads so the game wont be so limited like say wow.
    Last edited by Maruii; 2012-03-05 at 10:48 PM.
    Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Will it run on a Acorn Archimedes? Is it Windows 3.1 compatible? Seriously if you already play games on your computer that are not 10 years old you should be fine, even if they where making it for high end computers upon start of development, those high end computers now are bottom rung if not lower then what is sold in stores now for $300, so unless your computer was barely mid grade 6 years ago which would put your computer older then Windows Vista then you don't have to worry to much.

I'm going to bump this for people who have questions about this but can't find it with the search feature. Hopefully this will stay in the first page or two to prevent additional threads on the topic (not worth a sticky and if I sticky it nobody will read it ;_

Edge, change the title to GW2 System Requirements, close the other threads. Then sticky this thread and remove the GW2 One Thread from the stickies.

1. Changing this thread title will return more results in the search.
    2. Newcomers are more likely to search the phrase System Requirements than "The will my computer run GW2 thread". Too sloppy.
    3. Closing the other threads funnels this thread.
    4. The 'GW2 One Thread' is now a general chit-chat @ GW2 thread. We don't need it sticky as a relevant information dump- which there are 2 of already in the Video and Mass Info threads.
    5. Apologies for telling you how to do your job, but I am sorta awesome.
    6. <3s, dear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    As cute as that is, I've been on the internet long enough to know that it was probably drawn for terrible purposes.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

My laptop has fallowing hardware with Win7, 32bit
    • Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26, 2.27 GHz
    • 3GB RAM
    • NVidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB(+1278 MB from RAM) total of 1790 MB

Do you think I can run with low graphical settings? And there is another problem for me that is I can't play if FPS is under 40. Do you think I can run it over/at 40 FPS?